**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Danger Rooms

Comments

• XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Honestly. This is kind of a better MODOK’s lab in my opinion, those were every 8 hours, which was annoying to follow with, but these rewards for every day just once over, no multiple paths it seeeems (haven’t read all the comment so yet). Seems interesting. I love using my 2-3 star champions, so this should be an interesting month. Thank goodness they didn’t drop the ball after GPGTTM
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Cash grab... Congratulations, you have to rank up the crappy champions that you would never, under any circumstances use in any other game mode. So. Enough they are going to have requirements to use a tech champ against a lineup of Spiderman champions (hint: there are no tech champions with a mechanic to deal with evade champs). I'm sorry but this champion requirements thing is an awful idea and every single one of you that supports it now when they use it against you later to dig into your child's college fund remember, you were warned...

First of all, 3* and 2* don’t require cash to upgrade ... secondly u don’t need AAR necessarily to counter evade. Plenty of people use sparky against beefed up spiderman all the time ... might a good time to practice your skills more and cry less

I just used one example among many possible scenarios. A quest with a 100% posin path that you can only use skill champions on, skill has no poison immune champions also Karnak only has a resistance to it so how do you deal with that one? Where are the skills in that one hmmm? How about the rage paths where you have to have 5* or 6* champions to play and it's unavoidable to hit that 2.5% health cap? Just play the game against an unblockable champ the entire fight right? Surely You're skilled enough to do that and deal with any other buff placed on that path as well unless of course you need to brush up on your skills too.

This is a horrible idea not because of just 1 scenario but because of the obvious way it can be abused and before you say "oh well there will be rules" or "they will never try anything like that the community would riot" remember 12.0, 19.0, the diversity debacle, the awakened Iceman 6* and icepheonix etc... This is not a joke. As history has proven power is always abused especially when it comes to cash.

You all have been warned.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Cash grab... Congratulations, you have to rank up the crappy champions that you would never, under any circumstances use in any other game mode. So. Enough they are going to have requirements to use a tech champ against a lineup of Spiderman champions (hint: there are no tech champions with a mechanic to deal with evade champs). I'm sorry but this champion requirements thing is an awful idea and every single one of you that supports it now when they use it against you later to dig into your child's college fund remember, you were warned...

First of all, 3* and 2* don’t require cash to upgrade ... secondly u don’t need AAR necessarily to counter evade. Plenty of people use sparky against beefed up spiderman all the time ... might a good time to practice your skills more and cry less

I just used one example among many possible scenarios. A quest with a 100% posin path that you can only use skill champions on, skill has no poison immune champions also Karnak only has a resistance to it so how do you deal with that one? Where are the skills in that one hmmm? How about the rage paths where you have to have 5* or 6* champions to play and it's unavoidable to hit that 2.5% health cap? Just play the game against an unblockable champ the entire fight right? Surely You're skilled enough to do that and deal with any other buff placed on that path as well unless of course you need to brush up on your skills too.

This is a horrible idea not because of just 1 scenario but because of the obvious way it can be abused and before you say "oh well there will be rules" or "they will never try anything like that the community would riot" remember 12.0, 19.0, the diversity debacle, the awakened Iceman 6* and icepheonix etc... This is not a joke. As history has proven power is always abused especially when it comes to cash.

Crossbones, AV, or KP to shrug the poison. Blade to heal the poison.

SW to nullify the fury from rage. Voodoo to convert it. Magik to nullify it. Quake to not trigger it. Hood, juggs, any number of champs to stagger it.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Understand what you're saying, but that's no different than Tyranny paths now. Yeah, sure, people can pretend like you can clear that without using a villain, but I know I wasn't good enough to do it, so there it was -- had to use a villain, and had to have them at a high enough rank to hit hard enough to matter.

There are lots of "character barriers" in this game -- enrage timers. Debuff immunity. Buffet. On and on -- the last thing i was doing was bringing characters who buff to those fights, so again, yeah, you have a point, but this game is already that way and has been that way

ESF wrote: »

Understand what you're saying, but that's no different than Tyranny paths now. Yeah, sure, people can pretend like you can clear that without using a villain, but I know I wasn't good enough to do it, so there it was -- had to use a villain, and had to have them at a high enough rank to hit hard enough to matter.

There are lots of "character barriers" in this game -- enrage timers. Debuff immunity. Buffet. On and on -- the last thing i was doing was bringing characters who buff to those fights, so again, yeah, you have a point, but this game is already that way and has been that way

The difference now is that you have the choice to bring champs that either make the fight harder or make the fight easier depending on the buffs or debuffs you will be facing. With this change you won't have that choice anymore. What happens when they use your example the "tyranny" node and place a 3* avengers only restriction on it? Because I'm telling you now that it's coming down the road. It will happen. Anyone who says they won't do that is lying to you. They will abuse this and it will literally ruin this game.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

The difference now is that you have the choice to bring champs that either make the fight harder or make the fight easier depending on the buffs or debuffs you will be facing. With this change you won't have that choice anymore. What happens when they use your example the "tyranny" node and place a 3* avengers only restriction on it? Because I'm telling you now that it's coming down the road. It will happen. Anyone who says they won't do that is lying to you. They will abuse this and it will literally ruin this game.

I hope not -- again, I think we all hear what you are saying. That wouldn't be a good road to go down, to that extent. I am not naive enough to say "that would never happen." We all live in the real world.

But at some point... it is damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you are naive, all you get for that is sucker-punched. So I hear you -- I think we all understand your point. It's clear. But at the same time, if we just always wait for the other shoe to drop...you don't want to do that each day, either

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★

There no Avenger villians. So again your example doesn’t make any sense whatsoever ...

Secondly this is a character collection game as well. So yea, i like that extended rosters get more rewards... although this hasn’t happened yet but even in your doomsday scenario, this is ok ...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

For God sakes. It's extra content to make use of Champs that are sitting on the shelf. It's not The Doomsday Clock.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Cash grab... (hint: there are no tech champions with a mechanic to deal with evade champs)

Punisher 2099, SP2.

Or just use the unfazed mastery.

Or just don't MLLLM
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    My biggest gripe is all you people who ask for new content and get it still come with it's boring and a bad idea.....but yet you asked for new content....mind boggling.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Hey how about you wait until it’s released and see what actually happens before you start in with your insane conspiracy theories.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    At some point this "extra content" as it is deemed by many, will need to stop being called "extra content" seeing as it is the normal now. We have been getting these "extra" events for many months now, they are far past the point of being called "extra." Until we hear anything on the time required to complete these events then we can't say anything definite on whether the rewards justify the time spent in this mode. Right from the git go though, I'll say that these rewards look very low. This is something that we are going to have to do every day to get max rewards, so if it takes longer than 5-10 minutes a piece than I'm not sure it will be worth my time to do that for 28 days straight.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    At some point this "extra content" as it is deemed by many, will need to stop being called "extra content" seeing as it is the normal now. We have been getting these "extra" events for many months now, they are far past the point of being called "extra." Until we hear anything on the time required to complete these events then we can't say anything definite on whether the rewards justify the time spent in this mode. Right from the git go though, I'll say that these rewards look very low. This is something that we are going to have to do every day to get max rewards, so if it takes longer than 5-10 minutes a piece than I'm not sure it will be worth my time to do that for 28 days straight.

It's additive to what is normally run. Any and all content is optional. If you don't want the Rewards, you don't have to run it. Some people play for the enjoyment as well. Not just for the swag.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

It's additive to what is normally run. Any and all content is optional. If you don't want the Rewards, you don't have to run it. Some people play for the enjoyment as well. Not just for the swag.

Well normally compared to when? Pretty much every month in 2018 has had an "extra" event. I think they are the new normal. I realize all content is optional which is why I have refrained from telling other people whether it's good or bad. For me personally I can't really say until I see how long it takes. But as I mentioned from my previous post, the rewards aren't all that impressive.

There no Avenger villians. So again your example doesn’t make any sense whatsoever ...

Secondly this is a character collection game as well. So yea, i like that extended rosters get more rewards... although this hasn’t happened yet but even in your doomsday scenario, this is ok ...

Youre not paying attention. Tyranny means ONLY VILLAINS GAIN POWER, so if you can only use avengers then you CANT GAIN POWER! So yeah my example does make sense because there are no villain avengers.

Secondarily, I dont sell champs either and i enjoy collecting. I loved the 2* arena they did, I think it was early this year or path last year, it was fun and engaging. Where I have a problem is that going beyond a certain star category or just requiring 1 of your 5 man team to be a specific champion, like they did with Gwenima this month, opens the door for them to force you to rank up specific types of champions you would never want to and also to run fights that literally impossible to 1 shot no matter which character you have.

Oh and as far as my "insane conspiracy theories" why didn't the community wait until they removed dexterity from aw scoring until it was released before they came up with their "theyre changing the meta of the game as a insane cash grab" conspiracy theory? BECAUSE IT WAS OBVIOUS WHAT IT WAS FROM THE MOMENT IT WAS ANNOUNCED! This is the same way. Want proof? Here is what one of my alliance members said immediately after he read the post:

"They threw a bunch of ambiguous statements in there but I read it more that hey were trying to make content that everyone could beat with champs from lower ranking stars. My guess is they won’t and Iksdjvan nailed exactly what they are doing. Then when you don’t have the champs to beat a certain difficulty they will sell and bunch of rank up offers and crystal offers with certain champs. So I’m reality you won’t use your 3* any more than you do now. You’ll just spend more money trying to get certain champs as 4* and 5* and ranking them up for no reason."

Once again, get excited and be happy about what you're defending guys but I hope that kabam Mike takes screenshots of my warnings here so when you guys are starting threads whining about how they have abused this system just to make you spend your money to get anywhere he can post those screenshots and say:

"You were warned."
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Can you tell us the difficulty of each room? Will it be around the same as the gwenpool quest, or will we have to face like maxed four stars with 2 stars/3 stars?
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★

Youre not paying attention. Tyranny means ONLY VILLAINS GAIN POWER, so if you can only use avengers then you CANT GAIN POWER! So yeah my example does make sense because there are no villain avengers.

Secondarily, I dont sell champs either and i enjoy collecting. I loved the 2* arena they did, I think it was early this year or path last year, it was fun and engaging. Where I have a problem is that going beyond a certain star category or just requiring 1 of your 5 man team to be a specific champion, like they did with Gwenima this month, opens the door for them to force you to rank up specific types of champions you would never want to and also to run fights that literally impossible to 1 shot no matter which character you have.

Oh and as far as my "insane conspiracy theories" why didn't the community wait until they removed dexterity from aw scoring until it was released before they came up with their "theyre changing the meta of the game as a insane cash grab" conspiracy theory? BECAUSE IT WAS OBVIOUS WHAT IT WAS FROM THE MOMENT IT WAS ANNOUNCED! This is the same way. Want proof? Here is what one of my alliance members said immediately after he read the post:

"They threw a bunch of ambiguous statements in there but I read it more that hey were trying to make content that everyone could beat with champs from lower ranking stars. My guess is they won’t and Iksdjvan nailed exactly what they are doing. Then when you don’t have the champs to beat a certain difficulty they will sell and bunch of rank up offers and crystal offers with certain champs. So I’m reality you won’t use your 3* any more than you do now. You’ll just spend more money trying to get certain champs as 4* and 5* and ranking them up for no reason."

Once again, get excited and be happy about what you're defending guys but I hope that kabam Mike takes screenshots of my warnings here so when you guys are starting threads whining about how they have abused this system just to make you spend your money to get anywhere he can post those screenshots and say:

"You were warned."

Can I offer you a valium to settle down from your tin foil hat ranting?

You assume the worst before you even had a chance to do anything. Take a couple depp breaths, and listen to this with your eyes closed. It might help...
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZYbU82GVz4
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Cash grab... because it requires money to rank up 2*s and 3*s. It's going to make Kabam a veritable fortune. It will also be impossible to fight Spiderman with a tech champ. You left out slap in the face though. Every good forum complaint is supposed to include slap in the face.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Different parts of the game appeal to different segments of the player population. Uncollected Thanos appealed to players that wanted a strategic challenge. Gwenpool goes to the movies appealed to players that wanted an easy grind. Maybe these game modes are specifically intended for players who lack children.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Moot4Life wrote: »
    Can you tell us the difficulty of each room? Will it be around the same as the gwenpool quest, or will we have to face like maxed four stars with 2 stars/3 stars?

"At this time we have decided to release 8*s for the danger rooms. We felt at this time it would be a good time to use your 2/3* bench warmers a chance to get some experience."

To be honest I kind of suck at using Sparky, but that was my first thought: just end the fight quickly and you reduce the amount of messing around with evade you have to do. You don't need an ability to deal with evade, you can just use tactics (parry, attack into stun, shorten combos so you can block after four hits). I'm pretty sure even I could do that. Imma go try now. 2* sparky verses 4* spidey should be doable.

Yep, its doable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfCfUg705zc

Full disclosure. I found a 5* spidey and thought "let's see if I can take him with my 2* sparky." The answer is no, I can't take him with my 2* sparky, because on a scale of one to ten, my sparky skills probably rate a 5.5. So rather than look for a 4* spidey I decided to upgrade to 3* verses 5*, which seems reasonable. I still made some mistakes, but the point actually is that a player like me that isn't an ace sparky pilot can take this fight without AAR or evade-specific counter abilities, just decent play and good tactics.

Full-full disclosure: it took two tries. The first try I tried to push him to SP2, and then when he fired it sparky decided to not evade it and just took an SP2 to the face. I think he was trying to tell me "wrong wrong wrong, that's not how we do this fight" and on the second try I just baited SP1 instead.

The *larger* point is that half the skill in this game is executing the right set of taps and swipes, but the other half is thinking strategically about your options and figuring out the right way to use those options to overcome the challenges in the game. Whenever someone says "oh yeah, well what if Kabam does this?" my instinct is to say "well, what *would* I do if they did that?" And there's usually an answer.
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    I have to reiterate a question that went unanswered earlier in the thread, hoping for the offhand chance that someone from Kabam will answer it (I realize the odds of that are slim considering so many unanswered questions in this thread):

Will there be a Quickmatch arena to help people gain the necessary two-star champions for the Danger Room a la the current Cinematic Quickmatch?

If the video from the announcement page is to be believed, each Danger Room will require all champions on the team to be two stars and a certain class (as oppose to just one of the champions fitting those requirements), a notion that wasn't entirely clear in the initial announcement in this thread. If this is how the Danger Rooms are actually set-up, then I'm largely locked out of it at the moment because I only have a handful of two stars (although I'm gaining some from the PHCs and the current Quickmatch, but the latter won't help with mutants).

And before anyone says "It's your own fault for selling off most of your two stars," players shouldn't be expected to hold onto all champions at any given time on the possibility of a future game set that would require the lower champions only. I largely sell off my lower champions so there's less clutter in my champion list (regardless of filters).

Obviously, it's not that big of a deal, but it's still a frustrating one.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

"You were warned."
    MoeyTehr wrote: »
    I have to reiterate a question that went unanswered earlier in the thread, hoping for the offhand chance that someone from Kabam will answer it (I realize the odds of that are slim considering so many unanswered questions in this thread):

Will there be a Quickmatch arena to help people gain the necessary two-star champions for the Danger Room a la the current Cinematic Quickmatch?

If the video from the announcement page is to be believed, each Danger Room will require all champions on the team to be two stars and a certain class (as oppose to just one of the champions fitting those requirements), a notion that wasn't entirely clear in the initial announcement in this thread. If this is how the Danger Rooms are actually set-up, then I'm largely locked out of it at the moment because I only have a handful of two stars (although I'm gaining some from the PHCs and the current Quickmatch, but the latter won't help with mutants).

And before anyone says "It's your own fault for selling off most of your two stars," players shouldn't be expected to hold onto all champions at any given time on the possibility of a future game set that would require the lower champions only. I largely sell off my lower champions so there's less clutter in my champion list (regardless of filters).

Obviously, it's not that big of a deal, but it's still a frustrating one.

There is just no benefit to selling champs. Keeping them to continue to get shards, ISO, and max sig crystals is much more valuable. I suggest you start grinding the 2* cinematic crystals now to get good champs like KM, IMIW, Wasp, and OG Thor that can be useful for the danger room.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Is there seriously a bunch of people asking for a reason to use all of the weakest versions of the champs they have?....

So now instead of advancement you want us to rank garbage champs that will only be usable for this mode?

This doesn't make any sense at all, people at low levels of play have beginner and normal to play already. Having to rank and maintain low loevel bums just to keep up on high level rank up materials is backwards.....

We already earned our way passed having to play with worthless trash! That's half the reason that half the people i know sell them immediately. They simply shouldn't be punished after you made the game all about prestige and rank.

Another screw job and time eater, only 24 hours a day will ever suffice.

Ps. I never sell champs but think it's bs still

Dont like the idea? Then dont play it. So sorry for if they wanna try something new.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Do each of the Champions have to be 2-3★? Or can I bring the let's say 3 star Science champ and also bring 4 other 4-5★ champs?
  • Hmmmm....