**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Danger Rooms

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I'm guessing there's gonna be lots of tears over Emma, lol.
  • @Kabam Miike is there a bug with the uncanny rooms? Ran epic twice and only got rewards the first time. Isn't the point of being able to enter them multiple times to get rewards multiple times?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Inimico wrote: »
    There's a problem with the Uncanny rooms? Upon completing the same difficulty the second time, passes got used, didn't get any rewards and no extra completion points either!!!!

Is this true? Was about to re-eun Epic for the points.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    @Kabam Miike is there a bug with the uncanny rooms? Ran epic twice and only got rewards the first time. Isn't the point of being able to enter them multiple times to get rewards multiple times?

They set it up as a 100% completion bonus reward. I just completed Master a 2nd time using 3 passes and got hosed as well. Why tell us we can complete it 2x a week if we are only going to get rewarded for doing it once.
    @Kabam Miike
  • VG107VG107 Posts: 7
    It is impossible to reach 30k points, if only one reward for each type of room is available
  • VG107VG107 Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike is there a bug with the uncanny rooms? Ran epic twice and only got rewards the first time. Isn't the point of being able to enter them multiple times to get rewards multiple times?

Same. 2 runs: 7500 points only
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 149
    edited September 2018
    Not playing this event anymore.
    Imo extra events like this should have no energy cost. And if they do the rewards should be higher.
    I have limited time and rather spend it on event quest and arena and my alliance.

Also the balance for master and epic is still waaaaaaay off.

And who ever had the bright idea of making sentinal a boss must be the most sadistic person working for kabam and most likely got a promotion 😉
    And don't tell me "git gut" I had a 300+ combo against sentinel with my 2* champ before I thought "I could've finished a map in heroic on auto fight in this time" and sentinel was just at 50%.

Good idea, but clearly wasn't tested before it was put in the game.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Hey, Kabam guys!

The spotlight on Danger Rooms makes it sound as though I can enter the Uncanny ones multiple times a week to get multiple rewards, right?

But my second completion of Epic yielded me nothing at all!

Please tell me this is a bug. Why would you give us so many tickets if there's no reason for us to use them more than once?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    All week long, Epic is fighting a 5-6k Champ with 3*s.....Uncanny is a 30k 6* for 200 Shards? I'm not one to complain much, but that's WAY OFF. That's all I can say.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    All week long, Epic is fighting a 5-6k Champ with 3*s.....Uncanny is a 30k 6* for 200 Shards? I'm not one to complain much, but that's WAY OFF. That's all I can say.

You also get 540 T2A fragments. You sound spoiled man.

The one thing I'm not is spoiled. The T2A doesn't equate to the difficulty being all over the place. There's no consistency whatsoever. People are doing Epic all week long with a certain level of challenge in mind, then they're met with a Top Tier Boss. It's not about the Rewards. It's about the inconsistent difficulty. I earn what I get. I'm anything but spoiled.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

The one thing I'm not is spoiled. The T2A doesn't equate to the difficulty being all over the place. There's no consistency whatsoever. People are doing Epic all week long with a certain level of challenge in mind, then they're met with a Top Tier Boss. It's not about the Rewards. It's about the inconsistent difficulty. I earn what I get. I'm anything but spoiled.

A top tier boss you get to fight with your best champs as opposed to 3*s...

Fight took about as long as the regular Epic Danger Rooms do.

So...yeah you're spoiled.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Between the energy cost, difficulty levels, paltry rewards, and bugs this is the worst monthly event I've seen from Kabam in some time.

This is a situation where something should be done mid month to correct the event. Either increase the rewards to make it worth the effort or radically decrease the energy cost & difficulty so that completing this doesn't take 100+ energy a day.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
    YoMoves wrote: »

No I'm not. There's an entire demographic that is doing Epic at one level of challenge that's going to be blindsided by that level of challenge. Length of time has nothing to do with it. You think I just want easy Rewards? No. I want people to be able to gauge for themselves whether they can do the content or not instead of earning Entry Tickets they can't use and get stuck in a Fight that's way out of proportion.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Inimico wrote: »
    Isn't the point of getting more than 3 passes in a week so that we can run the uncanny rooms more than once to get the rewards more than once??? I don't understand what's happening here. Now, we can only get the completion rewards once, it makes no sense.

This, why do I have 13 uncanny epic tickets when I can only use 3? Just wasted another 3 running it the second time? Makes no sense.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107

No I'm not. There's an entire demographic that is doing Epic at one level of challenge that's going to be blindsided by that level of challenge. Length of time has nothing to do with it. You think I just want easy Rewards? No. I want people to be able to gauge for themselves whether they can do the content or not instead of earning Entry Tickets they can't use and get stuck in a Fight that's way out of proportion.

Man, I've been reading comments this whole week and most of the complaints with Epic have been about X is too difficult. Why do I have to upgrade my 2* and 3*? Over and over. So, if those people who complained that they invested in their 4/5/6* champs, they shouldn't have such a hard time with Emma, should they?

I agree with the others. You have pointed out before that you play master level stuff, but I don't often see you opining for the players with difficult UEQ stuff (tbf maybe I missed it - I'm often playing MCoC). So, it appears to me that you may have been trying to sneak in harder difficulties on the side quests and, when its actually difficult, you talk about the difficulty tuning. Here's the thing, though, GW. Uncollected/Epic all means the same ****. It's difficult. It's MEANT to be difficult. If you spent your week getting tickets and can't beat the boss? Well, sucks for you, doesn't it? To paraphrase a GWism, all things aren't meant for all people.

Just to re-emphasize, if you have your full roster, you should have a) expected a challenge and b) have more than enough ammo to take her down.
    abn86 wrote: »

Man, I've been reading comments this whole week and most of the complaints with Epic have been about X is too difficult. Why do I have to upgrade my 2* and 3*? Over and over. So, if those people who complained that they invested in their 4/5/6* champs, they shouldn't have such a hard time with Emma, should they?

I agree with the others. You have pointed out before that you play master level stuff, but I don't often see you opining for the players with difficult UEQ stuff (tbf maybe I missed it - I'm often playing MCoC). So, it appears to me that you may have been trying to sneak in harder difficulties on the side quests and, when its actually difficult, you talk about the difficulty tuning. Here's the thing, though, GW. Uncollected/Epic all means the same ****. It's difficult. It's MEANT to be difficult. If you spent your week getting tickets and can't beat the boss? Well, sucks for you, doesn't it? To paraphrase a GWism, all things aren't meant for all people.

Just to re-emphasize, if you have your full roster, you should have a) expected a challenge and b) have more than enough ammo to take her down.

I took her down. You're not even reading what I'm saying.
    Can I offer a suggestion to the team for future? Can you list the range of Champs in terms of difficulty next time? I understand you may like to keep an element of surprise, but even a Rarity and PI range would be useful. That might prevent people from being totally surprised.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    Is the points issue fixed

Hm, I thought I did. You said that you wanted people to be able to gauge for themselves, correct? Well, Epic mirrors UEQ in terms of difficulty. Outside of GP, this has clearly been reflected and at times, a huge deterrent to those without stacked rosters. Epic (despite allowing 3*) still set a precedent of a more difficult fight. I believe that Sentinel is proof of that concept. You went in the whole week using 3* against 4* which ended up being about 1 to 3 ratio between your champ PI vs the opponent. I don't have any r5, but my top champ is 10k (r4 GR). That ratio still holds. If you have r2 6* or 5* it's probably an even easier fight for you.

Is it helpful to have had a r4 Mags sitting around? Of course. But he also died first. Most of the work I did against Emma came while dealing with her inverted controls. My whole point was that this was the time to be your normal self and take the back of the devs. There's nothing wrong with Emma. She only has 100k health, and no crazy nodes.

Hm, I thought I did. You said that you wanted people to be able to gauge for themselves, correct? Well, Epic mirrors UEQ in terms of difficulty. Outside of GP, this has clearly been reflected and at times, a huge deterrent to those without stacked rosters. Epic (despite allowing 3*) still set a precedent of a more difficult fight. I believe that Sentinel is proof of that concept. You went in the whole week using 3* against 4* which ended up being about 1 to 3 ratio between your champ PI vs the opponent. I don't have any r5, but my top champ is 10k (r4 GR). That ratio still holds. If you have r2 6* or 5* it's probably an even easier fight for you.

Is it helpful to have had a r4 Mags sitting around? Of course. But he also died first. Most of the work I did against Emma came while dealing with her inverted controls. My whole point was that this was the time to be your normal self and take the back of the devs. There's nothing wrong with Emma. She only has 100k health, and no crazy nodes.

No. Nothing about the previous 6 days of Epic mirrors UC. You're fighting 3*s twice the strength with Max 3*s. It's not consistent. I'm not backing anyone for the sake of it. I respect the team and appreciate the Staff. I'm still going to bring something up when it's off. I've said what I had to say, and that's about it. I'm not going to debate it any further. It's not consistent, and there was no indication that it would be a 30k 6*.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I liked today's content with Frost. I think it was fair -- she had 30K PI clearly marked. I had access to my full roster.

I understand that this even isn't for everyone. But for me, 200 5-star shards for one fight...not a horrible deal, to me.

• StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    While the danger room seems interesting and allow multiple round in each difficulty, the energy cost is too high !
    If i want to do 4 times each difficulty it will cost 360 energies more than 5 energy refill !!!!
    Please reduce the cost
  • abn86 wrote: »

No. Nothing about the previous 6 days of Epic mirrors UC. You're fighting 3*s twice the strength with Max 3*s. It's not consistent. I'm not backing anyone for the sake of it. I respect the team and appreciate the Staff. I'm still going to bring something up when it's off. I've said what I had to say, and that's about it. I'm not going to debate it any further. It's not consistent, and there was no indication that it would be a 30k 6*.

I should also mention that Kabam has both set the precedent and stated directly in the past that the highest difficulty level - whether it is called uncollected or epic is irrelevant - is not specifically bound to the same difficulty curve as all other difficulty levels. When they added uncollected difficulty to monthly events, they specifically laid out their thinking that the old master mode did not follow the same difficulty curve as all other difficulties, and that with uncollected difficulty being added master mode was being reduced in difficulty to follow a unified difficulty ramp up with other difficulty levels, and uncollected was going to be the new top tier difficulty that would not necessarily follow the same difficulty curve.

Sometimes uncollected/epic might apparently follow the same difficulty curve as the other difficulty levels, but it does not have to nor should players expect that it will in all cases. In short, inconsistency is the explicit intent of epic/uncollected. Consistently should never be expected or inferred.
    Consistency within the Event, absolutely. 6 days of fighting a 3* with a 3* that leads up to a 6* 30k Champ? One that isn't even disclosed until after you enter and use the Tickets? You can absolutely expect some form of consistency because the alternative is an ambush.
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 267
    https://youtu.be/nXy2h09HfRA

Dance with the beast baby.
    Epic uncanny Danger rooom Emma Frost solo with my juggy like a pie cake...
    Consistency within the Event, absolutely. 6 days of fighting a 3* with a 3* that leads up to a 6* 30k Champ? One that isn't even disclosed until after you enter and use the Tickets? You can absolutely expect some form of consistency because the alternative is an ambush.

This isn't correct though. The uncanny rooms are entirely separate and as @TitoBandito187 elegantly showed, they provided enough evidence to make this obvious. Outside of the visual evidence that it was apparent, there's also the hint that you could use your ENTIRE roster. It wouldn't strike you as odd that the previous 6 days you are forced into a specific class of 3* (outside of Sunday) and before you get into fight Emma, you can choose ANY champ off your roster? r2 6* for a 6k PI 3* boss? C'mon man. This was evident.

Now, if I was forced to fight Emma with a 3* and I had to slog it with 3* Mags? Well, that I would agree that it needs to be looked at because that would be a pita fight. It's the hardest possible difficulty of a side quest of another side quest. As far as I'm concerned, uncollected/epic represents a more strategic difficulty than anything else. There's very few events (GP notwithstanding) that have been "easy". They often require a bit of strategy. IMO, having Emma as a boss embodies that. Again, no crazy nodes, just power gain. But, as far as I'm concerned, the power gain is just to force her to telepath mode. To me, this is a boon to anyone struggling against Emma in uncollected or hasn't yet fought her. You can use today to practice against her with far less of an energy requirement.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Furion17 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/nXy2h09HfRA

Dance with the beast baby.
    Epic uncanny Danger rooom Emma Frost solo with my juggy like a pie cake...

😳 the health of Juggs sure doesn’t look like pie cake to me