**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JtcJtc Posts: 25
    Hey kabam, MD still has value and your refund doesn’t cover the cost to get it back. Thanks, great job executing. I had 3/5 MD for offense (I have an r5 Magik 5* max sig) and now I have units to get me at 1/5. Super great job. Thanks kabam.
  • JtcJtc Posts: 25
    I’m dumb, the loyalty makes up the difference - apologies and I’m dumb
  • Quero as unidades, só devolveram a lealdade, tem gente ganhando unidades sem nem ter dispersão aberto, injusto isso
  • So, no RDT. Thanks for nothing Kabam. Was it too much to ask for?
  • nelly22nelly22 Posts: 65
    Just received my 1 mil loyalty - super lame!!!!!! Kabam make sure the next gifting event i can gift items by purchasing with loyalty. That’s only fair since I sent gifts to mates with units.
  • Noname54Noname54 Posts: 58
    Seriously where is Rdt ?????
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178
    don't believe the trolls about rdt!!
    that's not a troll ! it's normal for us to ask rdt after all that
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit since the request to refund gifted cores with units was completely ignored. Many of us have a bunch of useless loyalty(even though we likely actually spent units). Would you at least consider adding the other master cores to be available for loyalty? This is supposed to be about reallocating our resources to other masteries right. Carb cores for 150000 loyalty and stony for 36000 loyalty.
  • Got only loyalty back, and ive spent a lot of units to get MD to lvl 4. This is a shame, and was injust from the start. People are leaving this game for real if Kabam keep giving this unfair treatment.
  • YlyusYlyus Posts: 21
    I didn’t even get loyalty back. All the cores I spent real $$s are gone, and I have to re-purchase them again just to get back to where I was. How is it that every time we think Kabam can’t **** us up any more, they prove they can???
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    They also said any cores in your inventory would be refunded but I still have them in my inventory.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    xxgonzoxx wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.

This is not a good analogy and not even completly true as there are tons of stores who will refund you purchase price back. I am not returning somthing simply because I didn't like it. This more akin to a recall by the manufacturer where they Are refunding people the cost of the product.

For some reason kabam is giving a loyalty refund for something that can only gifted with units. Kabam encourages us to spend our units during the gifting events and is now punishing those same customers who heavily participated. While if i chose not to participate in the event and just purchased the cores outright i would be getting the proper unit reimbursement. So like i said those of us who got our cores using gifting for their event are in effect being punished/discrimated against.

Because you didn’t buy them with units on THAT account. It’s not fair to give you basically free units. This is the most fair way to refund these cores.

It's not like giving free units at all. The person who gifted it paid units right. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the gifting events around Christmas but then tend to cause a gifting commerce. You usually gift on an equal basis. Someone had to pay units whether gifted or not. These items were paid for and they are now being recalled by the manufacturer. I know you may not be affected by this but it is a big deal. We could have just purchased the cores but kabam has an event that encourages gifting.

In no way should the function of gifting change the value of the item. The item was purchased with units

Of course, it’s not like you didn’t get something from the gifting event.
    They also said any cores in your inventory would be refunded but I still have them in my inventory.

But did you receive a refund for mystic cores?
  • Poxa Kabam assim você me atrapalha no crescimento do jogo. Eu não recebi as unidades que gastei com a dispersão não. Ajuda aí né, eu quero meu reembolso correto conforme eu gastei. Enquanto vocês não resolver meu problema, vou ficar vindo aqui. Isso é muito injusto, vocês só beneficiam certas contas é outras vocês não tá nem aí. Cadê a justiça nesse jogo ?4np02rs0kp2q.png
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    CFree wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why are gifted mystic cores being refunded with loyalty instead of units when it is not possible to gift cores with loyalty.? It punishes players who participated in your gifting events to obtain their cores. I have yet to recieve any responses on this issue.

The same reason why when you return a gift, you don’t get original tender back, you get a gift card/store credit.

This is not a good analogy and not even completly true as there are tons of stores who will refund you purchase price back. I am not returning somthing simply because I didn't like it. This more akin to a recall by the manufacturer where they Are refunding people the cost of the product.

For some reason kabam is giving a loyalty refund for something that can only gifted with units. Kabam encourages us to spend our units during the gifting events and is now punishing those same customers who heavily participated. While if i chose not to participate in the event and just purchased the cores outright i would be getting the proper unit reimbursement. So like i said those of us who got our cores using gifting for their event are in effect being punished/discrimated against.

Because you didn’t buy them with units on THAT account. It’s not fair to give you basically free units. This is the most fair way to refund these cores.

It's not like giving free units at all. The person who gifted it paid units right. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the gifting events around Christmas but then tend to cause a gifting commerce. You usually gift on an equal basis. Someone had to pay units whether gifted or not. These items were paid for and they are now being recalled by the manufacturer. I know you may not be affected by this but it is a big deal. We could have just purchased the cores but kabam has an event that encourages gifting.

In no way should the function of gifting change the value of the item. The item was purchased with units

Of course, it’s not like you didn’t get something from the gifting event.

But did you receive a refund for mystic cores?

You can't say because you got rewards from participating in an event that the items should no longer be worth what was paid for them. Its over and done with now anyways no reason to continue to debate whether gifted items should be worth what was paid for them. Maybe kabam will at least consider how many people were put out by their decision and make carb cores/stony cores available for loyalty.
  • JBenjaminJBenjamin Posts: 27
    I fought a Medusa just now and let her furies expire. I revived minimal power from the buffs expiring. Seemed like it was power from only one effect expiring, instead of the three that had expired. Is there a reaso for this?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike - Just for clarity, the announcement thread just says mastery changes will be for a week. Does this mean until maintenance next week? Or is there another set time when that ability will expire?
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    I am sad to see my md go off my mastery list i habe had it for years saved up grinded my butt off in arenas for this to happen. Depressing but lets continue instead of pushing a skill/counter base you decide to just put md in the rear view and just do away with it. The main purpose for md was for mystic defenders who other wise would be useless without it. I woukd have never rank 4 my jug if i knew hindsight that md was going to change with dex. This was a core mechanic for years into the game you changed and now dex interacts with different nodes in a even worse way try burden and some others in act 5. I wont be running it for def now at all not on atk either really.

The refund came in thanks i dont know whyyou had to completely remove it though? Would have been nice to have the cores back or at least it unlocked to maybe look into in the future. This should have been handled better imo. But hey you do you kabam. Brings me to my final point and this is a big one. Where is the love with some rdts? The refund is cool and all but id like my t2a and t4cc back thank you. You habe rendered my jugs absolute for anything going forward snd his main purpose in game in which he was basically ranked for defense is completely irrelevant now. I coukd care less if he counters emma he is trash now. You habe turned all ghe md defenders into antman.... Thanks for killing not only a mastery but an entire class over night. I no longer have md because of these changes. watching the other team wipe my jugs with a 6* Angela and other champs who would have a rough time with md jugs who would normally die in war walk through my jugs. Im calling for rdts and i wont stop asking and neither will the community. This is the worst thing since 12.0. Rdts needed to be handed out last night as well..im waiting. This is how you gdt the player base to hate you even more then usual change something and not allow us to change it back. Your gane team needs to put thefe big boy pants on and acknowledge they messed up on thia in a bad way. You dont play the game we do we see it all. This comunity is perceptive im sure your aware. Keep not giving out rdts and see what happens. Do whats right and give rdt or revert the mastery back with full levels unlocked. You did not need to go this route butyou did.
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    So angry
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Forgive me if this has been answered already. I was reading the in game email that explains MD only triggers when a buff is nullified or expires. So I have a question for two different scenarios:

1. Starlord triggers fury. On his next hit, he triggers fury, then his next hit triggers fury. Starlord then tries to bait a special and his fury expires. This would only trigger fury once, right?

2. Angela crosses the power threshold, where the armor buff turns into a fury buff. Does this trigger MD as well?
  • I was under the impression that we will be refunded for all Mystical core including the one which are still in our Inventory as at 31st August (including found items). I have received loyalty refunded for all my MD mystery but I still got 13 Mystical core stashed in my inventory from which I haven't received any loyalty points? from My knowledge I may have found 1-2 mystical core since 1st September but not all 13.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Will players who used rare in-game resources like 5* awakening gems and 5* signature stones on mystic champions have the option to get those resources returned? Your previous statement on rank down tickets meets the criteria you stated is necessary for those to be issued:

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

I used a 5* generic awakening gem and 5* signature stones on Dormammu 15 days before the MD/Dexterity beta testing was announced. Had I known the approved MD/Dexterity nerf was being considered, I would not have chosen to use these rare in-game resources on Dormammu:

[REMOVED IMAGE TO PROTECT PRIVACY]

We don't have any plans to issue Rank Down tickets or refund any other resources for this change. However, Dormammu was a Champion that we kept a very close eye on while coming up with proposed changes, and his effectiveness in the Beta before we committed to these changes.

We're going to continue to keep a close eye on all Mystic Champions after this change, and Dormammu in particular, as this change goes out into the wild.

Can you please provide an update on this comment. What did you see with close eyes on this change that was released out in the wild?

From my perspective, I rolled through mystic champs much easier with the change. I also didn’t see any benefit on the offensive side. I’m sure most of the player base would agree, this had significantly impacted the performance of mystic champs and class specific RDTs are justified.
  • FAQ

What were you trying to address with these changes?
    The biggest issue we're attempting to address is feeling like there's no way to play around Mystic Dispersion in difficult Alliance Wars fights. We still want it to trigger, but to for you to feel like you have more control over when it does trigger.

Can you explain the changes to Mystic Dispersion?
    Mystic Dispersion now only triggers when a Buff's Duration Fully Expires, or when the Buff is Nullified. This includes any “nullify like” ability, including Stagger, Fate Seal (when removing Prior Buffs), Counterspell, etc., and even Armor Break if it removes an Armor Up Buff (but not an Armor Up passive). Basically when a Champion removes or consumes their own Buff with one of their own abilities, it won’t set off Mystic Dispersion. It's intended to be a fairly minor change as one of our goals is to change Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity as little as possible.

Can you explain the change to Dexterity?
    A successful Dexterity will still trigger a Precision Buff that lasts until your next hit, however now when it's removed by landing that hit, it's replaced by one with a short duration. This duration will increase based on what level of Dexterity you have. The buff will also no longer refresh after multiple Dexterity Evades are done in a row without removing the Buff (by landing a hit, getting nullified, etc).

Does this mean that Dexterity will no longer trigger Mystic Dispersion?
    No. The expiration of the Precision Buff’s duration will still trigger Mystic Dispersion, but the changes to Dexterity will help you control how often you trigger it much more than before, and won’t turn Dexterity into a Mystic Dispersion fueling machine.

Is the Precision Buff from Dexterity now a Passive Effect?
    No. It is still an active buff that can be nullified and can interact with other abilities.

If my Champion consumes their own Buff, will it trigger Mystic Dispersion? For example, when Medusa consumes 3 Fury Buffs to Auto-Block.
    No. This will not trigger Mystic Dispersion, as the Buff is neither expiring, nor being nullified. One exception to this rule (at this time) is Rogue. We’re currently testing a fix for this that we hope to have released in our next build, but she should not trigger Mystic Dispersion on the Buffs that she copies.

Why didn’t you just remove the Precision Buff from Dexterity?
    This is something we considered, but we want to maintain the relationship of 2 of the most popular masteries (Dexterity and Parry) being tied to a Buff and a Debuff.

I haven’t purchased Rank 1/2/3/4/5 of Mystic Dispersion yet, but I have some Mastery Cores in my inventory, will they be refunded as well?
    Yes. The refund for Mystic Dispersion will be based on how many Mystic Mastery Cores you have purchased, and not on the level of Mystic Dispersion that you have unlocked.

Has the team considered Rank Down Tickets for this change?
    We have discussed the possibility of Rank Down Tickets, and have not decided for or against them. We're not going to give them out for this change independently of seeing how it actually affects these Champions. While we didn't see any significant/noticeable drops in performance in the Beta, we're going to keep an eye on this now that it will be out in the wild.

Thanks for the link from the other thread @Kabam Miike. I went back to look at that quote and the original post, and you're right. Bad assumption on my end. My fault.
    Stop this carnage Kabam please. and give us RDT ! we loosed both : MD masteries + ranked useless champs. Yes because we don't activated new version because not satisfied during test
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    This company is absolute the worst i have ever had to deal with this game team absolutely needs to go and i dont even need towonder why nobody stays at kabam. I can notbelive no rdts like wtf?? If you cant give out rdt revert it back like jesus christ. Is common sense this hard at kabam studios? Lol
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    RogerRabs wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Proof1976 wrote: »
    Will we get rank down tickets for this as I would have never taken magik to Rank 5 had I been aware of these planned changes. We should not only be compensated for the MD items but also any Cats etc from rank downs.

No, as MD still works and Magik is a viable champ. MD can still be applied but it just acts differently. Also MD was always a choice and not a requirement.

You can't deny that a lot of people specifically ranked mystic champions because of how Mystic Dispersion interacted with Dexterity. A lot of R4 Juggernauts/Dorumamu/Magik's that will be significantly weaker on AWD with the new changes.

At least Juggernaut will be a viable attacker now when Emma is released.
  • @Kabam Miike I was under the impression that we will be refunded for all Mystical core including the one which are still in our Inventory as at 31st August (including found items). I have received loyalty refunded for all my MD mystery but I still got 13 Mystical core stashed in my inventory from which I haven't received any loyalty points? from My knowledge I may have found 1-2 mystical core since 1st September but not all 13.
This discussion has been closed.