**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Danger room verdict..... don't waste your time.

2»

Comments

• Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    If you can complete them without using too much revives/pots (unlike me), it's definitely worth it, otherwise, it's not, that's my cup of tea.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Agreed with you, I wasted way too much resources for measley rewards, I was only doing them for the sake of the Alliance Event, and now everyone in my alliance has stopped doing them with the last milestone left.

You should change your alliance right now if nobody can do epic
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Maybe kabam finally released some content that favors skilled players. Good for them.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Agreed with you, I wasted way too much resources for measley rewards, I was only doing them for the sake of the Alliance Event, and now everyone in my alliance has stopped doing them with the last milestone left.

You should change your alliance right now if nobody can do epic

I never said people couldn't do Epic, I clearly said we stopped before hitting the last milestone, members weren't willing to do the Rooms to get measley rewards.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    A 30k emma for 200 five star shards is not worth it IMO

If Kabam created a mission where you could bring an entire team of five and had to only fight that exact Emma Frost and the only rewards were 200 5* shards and nothing else I would farm Emma until she was calling me Old McDNA and singing ee eye ee eye oh.

It took a little bit of time to realize this but that Emma has an easy (relatively) path to beat her. Power gain means you can keep her in telepath mode almost all of the time, and at her epic strength she doesn't do enough damage through block with her special one attack so you don't even need to deal with inverted controls: just block SP1 over and over again (or at least block the first half, then evade the second half). My first try I got her using 5/50 Stark Spidey first, then 5/50 Medusa (that I played horribly) and then finished her off with CapIW. I did not have to dip into my big guns at all. It was doable with 5/50s and honestly mediocre gameplay, but with the right strategy.

I did evade many specials, but that's because I've been practicing that a lot. I ate enough into block to know it is survivable for long enough to do a lot of damage before you go down. And both deaths were due to unforced and honestly unnecessary errors.

PS: my cue for evading Emma's special one attack is to watch her hands. When she has a bar of power, I back off and start focusing my eyes on her hands. She does two "waves" downward at you: that's your cue to swipe forward, in exactly the same rhythm as she does.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

If Kabam created a mission where you could bring an entire team of five and had to only fight that exact Emma Frost and the only rewards were 200 5* shards and nothing else I would farm Emma until she was calling me Old McDNA and singing ee eye ee eye oh.

It took a little bit of time to realize this but that Emma has an easy (relatively) path to beat her. Power gain means you can keep her in telepath mode almost all of the time, and at her epic strength she doesn't do enough damage through block with her special one attack so you don't even need to deal with inverted controls: just block SP1 over and over again (or at least block the first half, then evade the second half). My first try I got her using 5/50 Stark Spidey first, then 5/50 Medusa (that I played horribly) and then finished her off with CapIW. I did not have to dip into my big guns at all. It was doable with 5/50s and honestly mediocre gameplay, but with the right strategy.

I did evade many specials, but that's because I've been practicing that a lot. I ate enough into block to know it is survivable for long enough to do a lot of damage before you go down. And both deaths were due to unforced and honestly unnecessary errors.

PS: my cue for evading Emma's special one attack is to watch her hands. When she has a bar of power, I back off and start focusing my eyes on her hands. She does two "waves" downward at you: that's your cue to swipe forward, in exactly the same rhythm as she does.

I agree. People mention the power gain like it's harder but it actually made her easier. I didn't block her specials because I wanted the practice (haven't done heroic yet). Almost soloed her on uncollected afterwards with AA. Will next time.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Its too much energy for such little rewards. It shouldn't be 2 energy for every map. I dont think it should be 2 energy at all tbh. Good concept, poorly executed.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I thought they were pretty good, made 1355 5* shards yesterday, from 30 fights and 1 energy refill, can't get that value many other places.
  • Options
    QueqqueeQueqquee Posts: 48
    1 energy a step would be great.
  • Options
    Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    I really like the concept, but it costs too much energy for rewards that are way too small. Tried it once, that was enough.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    I'm 150 shards away from 30k 5star shards. I was 4k away a week ago before getting heroic and uc eq rewards plus the daily danger rooms.
    On their own in a vacuum kinda trash for the effort, however situationally useful for some.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Completing epic gifted danger room and master/epic uncanny danger rooms give around half a T2AC for the month. 5K+ T2AC shards from epic gifted danger room, 12K+ T2AC shards from master/epic uncanny danger room. Add in the 5* and T4BC shards and the rewards are decent, it's their energy costs that are terrible.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Just oneshot her and it's like 100 shards a min.
  • Options
    I actually did a comparison of the rewards for the danger rooms with the monthly event quest here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/95613/compiling-and-comparing-danger-rooms-rewards#latest.

It turns out that the amount of rewards you are getting are well in line with the energy costs required to complete it. I thought the energy requirement was ridiculous too, but having it at 1 energy/step would make it way more energy efficient than the monthly event quest. (Not saying I'm against it, but I think it's fair for what we are getting.)
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    If you think the danger rooms are difficult then there's something wrong with you 😂 ... they are easy and take less than 20 minutes to do all difficulties!
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Only danger room that was hard was sentinel mutant one. I beat every one they gives 4 and 5* shards with no revives. Also haven’t ranked up any champs to do it. 1 maxed 3* is all that’s needed. Easy shards at a low energy cost. I call it a win.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I don't see the point in doing the lower difficulties. That would require more energy than I want to spend with little additional rewards. But the epic and master don't eat that much energy or time.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    I don't see the point in doing the lower difficulties. That would require more energy than I want to spend with little additional rewards. But the epic and master don't eat that much energy or time.

Yeah, after the first week, I decided not to do anything lower than Heroic. The 4* Shards still add up to 5* Shards. Well, obviously the 3*s do as well, eventually. Now I'm somewhat reconsidering it because the Normal Uncanny has T2CC Crystals. Those save time.
  • Options
    Vood5Vood5 Posts: 19
    Energy cost was too high. Other than that the challenge of facing difficult bosses was good. Don't understand why they made Master harder than Epic in most cases.