**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Cheating Teams Demoted: Do their opponents get the Win instead of a Loss?

Like the Olympics, when an opponent was determined to have cheated, the contestant gets the win or a medal retrospectively.

Since 3 out of our 4 opponents (top 3-5 AW rating teams / masters) have been demoted presumably for the infractions incurred during the wars we faced against them, should we not receive a WIN instead of a LOSS and the appropriate adjustment in points? 50,000 x Tier 1 7x rating x 3 ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    Points are added. We just got a boost in points because of some cheating scandals.
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Bruce12342 wrote: »
    Points are added. We just got a boost in points because of some cheating scandals.

Congratulations. That's great news....

If your team was like ours.. even when you know you're facing a hard match and will probably lose, morale plummets and everyone gets very emotional and easily upset. It takes a huge amount of work and stress management to calm things down and keep the team steady. This doesn't even account for potions, boosts, and time spent away from our loved ones (haha, but seriously, our partners suffer... well.. my gf does!! )

There is a real consequence to losing wars so I hope that Kabam management might take that this into consideration for the losing teams.
  • Options
    MavRCK_ wrote: »

If your team was like ours.. even when you know you're facing a hard match and will probably lose, morale plummets and everyone gets very emotional and easily upset. It takes a huge amount of work and stress management to calm things down and keep the team steady. This doesn't even account for potions, boosts, and time spent away from our loved ones (haha, but seriously, our partners suffer... well.. my gf does!! )

There is a real consequence to losing wars so I hope that Kabam management might take that this into consideration for the losing teams.
    What are you expecting Kabam to do about that? Hire a counselor for you and your partner to work through your issues?
  • Options

[/quote]
    What are you expecting Kabam to do about that? Hire a counselor for you and your partner to work through your issues?
    [/quote]

Haha. Just the adjustment in points from Loss to Win would be enough! :)
  • Options
    [/quote]

Haha. Just the adjustment in points from Loss to Win would be enough! :)[/quote]

Agreed.

And I was incorrect, we actually didn’t gain points. :(
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    From the last ban wave, kabam said they do not give points to the losers against cheating alliances because there is “no way to tell if you would have won if there were no cheating”
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    To be honest, they really can't tell if you would have won or not.
  • Options
    In a competition of 2 participants and there is a winner and looser. If the winner is disqualified, the looser automatically becomes the winner. Simple.
  • Options
    Navneet9Navneet9 Posts: 16
    Everybody deserve those missing points while facimg docked alliances. If a team is being punished then counter team must be rewarded too.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Nope the only thing that happens is the cheating alliance drops ( they need to deal with the aftermath) and if the other alliance won or lost that's about it they don't get anything.
  • Options
    Thanks so much to kabam for discipline these top allies and putting them right beside a legit team for matchmaking. Now they get easier matchups and I have to be forced to play against them. Brilliant idea. Poor guys.
  • Options
    THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    Not providing points back to the alliance that lost to a piloting and/or modding alliance has created mercenary market within AW.

When one of these high level docked alliances matches another high level alliance, I can pay the docked alliance real money to pilot and beat the other alliance. This will move the legit alliance down the rankings with a loss and allow my alliance to more easily climb the rankings.

Don't think this doesn't happen. It has occurred every season of AW to some extent.

Collusion among high level alliances happens all the time.

To prevent this there was a recommendation by other community members to hide the time and the +/- points. It won't eliminate collusion, but will severely limit its occurrence.
  • Options
    Even if complete win points aren’t added bc u can’t tell if would be a win or a loss, something, maybe half of the win bonus or a quarter of it for each time u faced an alliance proved to be cheating should be added
  • Options
    Ploop_PlaapPloop_Plaap Posts: 141

See the issue here is, you are openly admitting that a game is making you emotional and putting you in need of stress management, but I’m ok with that, but seriously, putting Contest of Champions before your girlfriend?? Seriously?
  • Options
    There’s a precedent*** in awarding participants the win and results when a competitor is disqualified. Sure, I’m biased being Canadian and a **** Pound fan and having helped at our 2010 Games in Canada!

It’s simple. Give the win to the looser and the 50000 pts x Tier Multiplier.

Is this so controversial? Winner cheated, they get penalized. Looser gets a win and points for winning.

***example of how the Olympics handles cheating:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/canada-luge-gains-olympic-bronze-sochi-1.4462106

Canada to gain luge bronze from Sochi Olympics due to Russian doping

Edney, Gough, Snith, Walker were on relay team that finished 4th
  • Options
    STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
    This was a topic amongst our alliance as out of the 6 wars for the season we faced 3 of the alliances that were docked. With them being demoted that doesn’t help us much as we still suffered a loss and 1 did not receive the rewards for winning and 2 missed out on many points towards the season for war win. So this is something that Kabam needs to address @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    There are two big issues with the present Kabam system of punishing piloting alliances (keep in mind that I agree 100% that they should be punished). (1) When the pilots are justly dropped in tiers, they are essentially rewarded by being pitted against much weaker alliances. (2) The alliances that lose to these pilots are not properly compensated. More than likely they would have won if the other ally hadn't piloted. With 3 boss kills being absolutely essential, many resources are used, win or lose, to ensure the maximum points.

We lost back to back wars against pilots very recently. We are at the border of tier 2 and 3 and plat 3 and 2. We used a lot of resources in those losses. Yes, we moved up a little after the adjustment but give us those two losses back and we would move up a lot more and here lies one of the problems of the current system: we were unjustly punished as well. Please fix this.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Stop being a can’t Kabam and be good to those who are playing honestly. We are playing clean and these cheaters took 4 wars from us.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The "we don't know who would have won" excuse is garbage. If one team cheats they lose and the other team wins.

Kabam needs to remove all of the win bonus for the season from the cheaters and award it to the teams they beat. It's the right thing to do.
  • Options
    STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
    I feel Kabam is ignoring this problem
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    There’s a precedent***
    ***example of how the Olympics handles cheating:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/canada-luge-gains-olympic-bronze-sochi-1.4462106

Canada to gain luge bronze from Sochi Olympics due to Russian doping

Edney, Gough, Snith, Walker were on relay team that finished 4th

The problem with that is in your example: most sports in the Olympics, including the Luge, are scored against an absolute value such as time that all the teams are compared against equally, so everyone has the same scoring. With the Russians eliminated, you could simply compare the remaining times and come up with a valid ranking as if Russia had not competed at all. Canada was not the only team that increased their rank, just the one who got a medal from it instead of coming fourth.

The equivalent here is that Kabam removed a large chunk of points from the cheaters, so many alliances increased in their rank. For example, Little Land entered into the Master bracket due to the point reductions. They would be the equivalent of Canada, not whichever alliance played against the cheaters.

Using one of the medals stripped where the teams were paired off against each other would have been more accurate, but I've been unable to find what happened in those cases.