**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CAP IW NERF WITH 20.1 JUGGER

IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Cap can nullify unstoppable buffs when he has at least one kinetic charge. For the nullify to happen you need to hit your opponent. There are two ways of doing this: parry or intercept.

One of the two methods won't be viable anymore after the update meaning his nullify just got 50% less useable.

This will affect everyone except the top 1% of players who can 100% intercept every time. For example I consider myself above average but still I use the parry sometimes just to be safe.

Thoughts on all this?

Comments

• Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I understand your point, but juggy was severely neutered as a defender.

He also is one of the easier champs to intercept because his AI is so insanely aggressive.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    If anything it makes CapIW better, because it makes juggs a little more difficult for everyone. CapIW is the #1 juggs counter and you can still get your nullify in right after jugg specials or via heavy bait which CapIW is great at also.
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 463 ★★★
    Agree with zeezee here, this is a big change for me.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    Cap iw is really gunna be the only solid counter.
    You can still parry to get your charge. But then you have to take a combo and bait out his heavy. Good thing is cap takes hardly any block damage.
    I dare say juggs will be a better defender than he ever was.

I dont like this change at all i think it is BS.
    Just saying how to work with it

• Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Agree with Hulksmasssh. It will still be easy to evade the special and counter before he has even recovered with cap. It will make juggs a little better defender, and it is about the only thing I kinda dislike about the update.

It also depends on juggs recovery time after getting parried when he's unstoppable. As long as I have time to evade back after the parry is shrugged off, I am ok with that. But if its a parry and automatically have him hitting me like the SM/NC evade/attack bug. I will not be so happy about that. But at least you can avoid it by not parrying him and hopefully you don't get cornered trying to bounce around him.

• Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Time to get better then... his specials are punishable.. leave the parry crutch
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Cap can nullify unstoppable buffs when he has at least one kinetic charge. For the nullify to happen you need to hit your opponent. There are two ways of doing this: parry or intercept.

One of the two methods won't be viable anymore after the update meaning his nullify just got 50% less useable.

This will affect everyone except the top 1% of players who can 100% intercept every time. For example I consider myself above average but still I use the parry sometimes just to be safe.

Thoughts on all this?

Im sorry but what makes you think the "top 1%" can 100% intercept every time?

Its a buff to make Juggs better as a defender. I actually like the change and think it adds value to Juggs. Quit screaming nerf when there is none.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Its a buff to make Juggs better as a defender. I actually like the change and think it adds value to Juggs. Quit screaming nerf when there is none.

You're nitpicking too much, I meant that as in only the top best skilled players can intercept almost all the time.

Since you say it's a buff to Juggie you have to accept it's an indirect nerf to cap iw. You can't say otherwise since parry+hit=nullify is a strategy that was very viable before the upcoming update. It's a fact proven by other comments above you.

To sum it up: juggie got a buff, cap iw got an indirect nerf. I'm not sure I like the change, I'll have to see when the update comes. Cool that you like it.

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Jugg is still incredibly easy for CAIW. Yeah maybe at the start of the fight it’ll be a little tough to nullify unstoppable right away but if you manage his kinetic potential efficiently, Juggs’ specials are easily punishable. Just attack him after his special animations. As for without CAIW, he has a 2-3 second unstoppable. It’s not that long people. Keep in mind MD just got balanced so every evade isn’t feeding MD. This seems like a typical nerf before we see it because everyone is freaking out without even seeing it type situation.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★
    cap iw might first remove unstoppable and than stun on parry - that way nothing would change. also it's no big deal even if it is, just take couple of hits in block, cap can easily manage it. even better for him possibly (?), as you can parry once again faster
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Buffing one champion is not nerfing another.

Imagine if Iron man was changed to be bleed immune, is that a wolverine nerf? A blade nerf? A carnage nerf? No, nope and definitely not.
  • Options
    HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Yes I’d wait for the update. Hopefully he can still gain his charge before the stun is “removed” this Should keep things normal for him at the start of the fight.
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

You're nitpicking too much, I meant that as in only the top best skilled players can intercept almost all the time.

Since you say it's a buff to Juggie you have to accept it's an indirect nerf to cap iw. You can't say otherwise since parry+hit=nullify is a strategy that was very viable before the upcoming update. It's a fact proven by other comments above you.

To sum it up: juggie got a buff, cap iw got an indirect nerf. I'm not sure I like the change, I'll have to see when the update comes. Cool that you like it.

No he didn't. Evey champ has that ability to parry then hit. He can still do what is intended. That in itself means its not a nerf. If anyone is nitpicking, its you. Also, you dont have to be a super skilled player to intercept all the time. You just have to watch for the opportunities. Its no different that him being on stun immune. You arent going to see 50 juggs on defense. Let it go and move on.
  • Options
    Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I generally parry and attack to remove the unstoppable so this changes things completely for me unfortunately.

If IW Cap has a kinetic charge, just punish Juggs like you would any champ after evading a special. No intercept needed for Cap. This makes IWCap a better option against Juggs as everyone else gets worse due to no parry.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Buffing one champion is not nerfing another.

Imagine if Iron man was changed to be bleed immune, is that a wolverine nerf? A blade nerf? A carnage nerf? No, nope and definitely not.

To be fair, if you have an ability to shut down unstoppable, which only applies to a few champs, and one of the ways you can do it is stopped, that's not even close to making one champ bleed immune. At the same time, it's not a big deal. Shutting down Jugs isn't what makes IW Cap valuable.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

Thoughts on all this?

I just tried him and he can still negate the unstoppable

• Options
    LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    Not all of the top 1% can intercept they all can spend to get by no skill required
  • Options

Thoughts on all this?

I just tried him and he can still negate the unstoppable

Well the update hasnt happened yet.
  • Options
    RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    People need to stop overreacting