**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Web Slinger Challenge

Why is this event some what difficult especially Stark Enhanced Spidy

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Really?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Well, it is called a CHALLENGE.

Practice dueling a legend's duped Spidey or duped Stark Spidey with a 3*. That helped me.
    This aint no challenge. It is a challenge for people that dont know how to play.

A trick for spidy Stark Enhancement is to block his hits and force him to do heavy attacks, evade that then move forward and he will be wide open for you. Also, make him use his sp1. If you evade twice he will use it. Wait a second and when he is getting bavk you can hit him. Cannot be desperate just like she hulk specuals you will miss if you rush to hit inmediately.
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 137
    Honest answer...its the first quarter of the new year. Gotta start off with heavy profit so those of us who aren't top 300 or super "skilled" have to pour some cash in if we want to do this challenge. It is after all just an optional challenge. :-)
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I've heard this challenge was so much easier than the last one. The people know cleared it with a couple revives and in less than 2 hours
  • Agent_venomAgent_venom Posts: 51
    Yea this challange was pretty easy, just need the right champs. I used Agent Venom for the whole quest and Vision for Volture.
    It was a good quest, dont listen to trolls @Kabam Miike people will always complain without basis
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    @Kabam Miike can you please check your PM. Was going for Legends Run when emergency maintenance happened. Would be nice to get a response.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    It's too tough for me but I'm a 100k player. I don't think it is unfair though @Kabam Miike
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    This aint no challenge. It is a challenge for people that dont know how to play.

It was a challenge for me.

What I found most interesting about the event was that Evade was almost a red herring. Sure, you could use evade neutralizers or DAA reduction champs but that turned out to be not the best way to tackle the event for me. If anything, DAA reduction less than 100% could lull you into a false sense of security and have it fail at inopportune moments. I found it better to work around evade by attacking while stunned in the case of OG Spiderman, or using power control to take evade away like for Symbiote Spiderman. Meanwhile the penalty for blocking instead of evading attacks is significantly lowered when life steal is strong, which incentivises using high damage attackers. And being able to stun an opponent was for some fights more valuable than avoiding evade, because stun was a form of power control allowing me to push harder to block/evade special one attacks into easier to block/evade special two attacks.

I think you can do it with a lot of different kinds of champs, which I think is a good design for an event in general. There's an obvious option, DAA debuffers, and then there's less obvious options.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Great video RG!

I did the first path of 4 then straight to the boss, vulture kicked my arse mostly because I haven't seen enough of him to read the tells.

SE spidey wasn't much fun either for the same reason.

Can I go back and complete 100% if I can be bothered trying again?

Happy with the rewards for where I ended up, spent zero units and used a bunch of 20% revives from stash that would've expired anyway.

My team was all 4/40's for reference.
    I can do this challenge with 3 stars. The best team is thor bw hulk gp ws. Need skill bleed champs. He and punnisher also work.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Honest answer...its the first quarter of the new year. Gotta start off with heavy profit so those of us who aren't top 300 or super "skilled" have to pour some cash in if we want to do this challenge. It is after all just an optional challenge. :-)

This is nonsense. A lot of us would love these quests to be more frequent then they are. I couldn't complete Chloe the first time it came around. Was too new to the game. That didn't make it a "money grab" lol. Do you want them to only make content for your current level?
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    not sure if we're allowed to share links here ( @Kabam Miike let me know if I'm not), but here is a vid of me beating it on the hardest lane with a 3/30 4* hawkeye... https://youtu.be/kQwqMM2SFQ8

people should stop whining

This is probably a really dumb question, but how come when se Spider-Man evades your attacks you're able to keep hitting him, and when he evades one of my attacks he instantly bounces forward and retaliates without giving me even a split second to block
  • Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    Hey, like we said in the announcement of the Challenge...

"I don’t want to hear any complaining about it being too hard, because THIS IS MEANT TO BE HARD!"

Yep so please don't say it is too hard according to Kabam Mike
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    not sure if we're allowed to share links here ( @Kabam Miike let me know if I'm not), but here is a vid of me beating it on the hardest lane with a 3/30 4* hawkeye... https://youtu.be/kQwqMM2SFQ8

Hey what mastery is allowing your Hawkeye to heal like That? I need that lol
  • JamezBongJamezBong Posts: 97
    Feeney234 wrote: »

Wtf dude, did you even play the quest ?????
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »

Not a mastery, it's the node in the quest called "Life Steal"

"You degenerate 2% of your health per second, but you heal 125% of the damage you deal"
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    This wasn't challenging at all, the rewards were actually extremely good considering the lack of challenge it presented. Shout out to kabam for basically throwing everyone a bone. Even guys that only had 4/40 could have potentially completed that with banked items. More of that please.
  • phillgreen wrote: »
    Great video RG!

I did the first path of 4 then straight to the boss, vulture kicked my arse mostly because I haven't seen enough of him to read the tells.

SE spidey wasn't much fun either for the same reason.

Can I go back and complete 100% if I can be bothered trying again?

Happy with the rewards for where I ended up, spent zero units and used a bunch of 20% revives from stash that would've expired anyway.

My team was all 4/40's for reference.

Fight stark Spidey with a cosmic. I found drax to do the best since his first medium has two hits, allowing you to still get a hit in even if he evades the first hit. And vulture is just a long and tedious fight. If you are good at intercepting, magik eats vulture just power long him and keep punching. If not, just use any champ and don't push him to sp2. sp1 is a two part evade (1 part if you're far away) and gives you an in to attack into.

Best of luck!
    Kestrelle wrote: »

This is probably a really dumb question, but how come when se Spider-Man evades your attacks you're able to keep hitting him, and when he evades one of my attacks he instantly bounces forward and retaliates without giving me even a split second to block

Parry allows me to stun them, and stupefy lets me attack into them for 3 hits without the stun running out. So a MLL or M-sp1 combo will never lead to an evade.