**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Blood and Venom: Symbiomancer

Comments

• Denta89Denta89 Posts: 74
    @Kabam Miike
    What 5-Star Features Crystal is it?
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Ok. I’m cool with that I guess but it was listed in a peculiar way. Can you clarify about the featured crystal please? Is it a special release crystal or basically just 15k 5* shards? Im bored at work and this is infinitely more interesting.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the rewards for this event. I can confirm that what is listed here is correct.

When we designed the Event, we did so as an addition to the regular Monthly quests, like the other side events we do every month, and not an actual extension/progression of the Monthly Event itself. While the content itself is technically more difficult, we're also giving everybody the Key that is required to be able to beat it (the Summoned Symbioid).

This is Bonus content in addition to the regular Monthly Event quest. If we ever do introduce a higher difficulty, the rewards will be better suited to be a progression of the actual Event Quests.
    @Kabam Miike will we have to 100% all the event quests to get the symbiod maxed or can we just do uncollected to max him
  • Ok. I’m cool with that I guess but it was listed in a peculiar way. Can you clarify about the featured crystal please? Is it a special release crystal or basically just 15k 5* shards? Im bored at work and this is infinitely more interesting.

It is the current Featured Hero Crystal. The one that is listed here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/84563/featured-5-star-champion-crystal-july-31-2018

This reward is preloaded, so even when the Featured Hero Crystal changes later this month, this will still be the one rewarded.
    That’s dope. Thanks!
  • ElusiveElusive Posts: 45
    Ok. I’m cool with that I guess but it was listed in a peculiar way. Can you clarify about the featured crystal please? Is it a special release crystal or basically just 15k 5* shards? Im bored at work and this is infinitely more interesting.

It is the current Featured Hero Crystal. The one that is listed here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/84563/featured-5-star-champion-crystal-july-31-2018

This reward is preloaded, so even when the Featured Hero Crystal changes later this month, this will still be the one rewarded.

Yeyyyy, another IP or Groot for me!
    Next time just consider giving us the 15k shards so we can decide at least where to spend them. Lol
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    The way I see this.... epic/uncollected will be easier this month with symbiod. Don’t even bother with symbiotic difficulty
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

I have the information you guys have asked for regarding the Rank Up Katalyst costs for the Summoned Symbioid:

Rank 2: 1
    Rank 3: 3
    Rank 4: 5
    Rank 5: 15

That's a total of 24. Exploring Epic will give you even more than you need to bring your little buddy up to Rank 5!

So basically you can finish epic to max the symbioid or beginner-master to max him. So I guess the question is why are there 48 Katalysts?
    Beginner-Master gives 23
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Even with the featured crystal, the symbiote difficulty without t5b or 6* shards are garbage in the sceme of things. Epic completely outclasses symbiote rewards on the sheer premise it contains 6* shards and t5b. Promised a challenging difficulty with rewards comparable to said difficulty, and what i get is a difficulty greater than epic/uc and rewards thaf are worse.

Deadass, you add the 2500 6* shards and 9000 t5b frags youd get from epic onto Symbtiote too and those are fair rewards from the “challenge” (read moneypit) youre offering. Until they, unless it is vastly shorter. Its a joke, and not a funny one. But don’t worry, i assume you appreciate (read ignore and laugh at) our feedback.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    If its harder than Epic/Uncollected then where are the 6* shards and more importantly the t5b shards? Come on guys.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Will the energy requirements for Symbiote Difficulty be the same as Epic?
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    edited October 2018
    Beginner-Master gives 23

Look again. Heroic&Master gives all together 25 plus epic another 25 equals a total of 50 Kats lol
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Presumably, folks finishing this new quest level will be in possession of stacked rosters, and ennui. This will give them something to do, something to spend their resources on, something to live for. And, interestingly, I don’t care what rewards they get?
    @IanMoone explain please how you got 25 from 15+5.
    qom8m2m96ff3.png
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Leave it to Kabam to give us ice cream then sprinkle some sand on it ...

Does it really kill u to put some t5b or 6* shards in it?

There is always, always going to be something in this game that is hard to get. The more the hard stuff gets easy, the faster you're catapulting the game to introduce even harder to get things, and the quicker you're going to devalue the stuff that already exists. This is something you cannot negotiate your way out of. This is the inevitable unavoidable side effect of opening the spigot, and every little bit you add puts pressure to add a little bit more every time. So yes, there is a downside to adding more of the highest rarity items than the game already has. There always is in progressional games.

I did say this repeatedly when people used to ask "would it kill you to add more 5* shards to the game?" A lot of people threatened to quit when Kabam announced 6* champions: I have no idea how many of them followed through with that threat, but the simple fact is that once 5* shards began to accelerate in availability, 6* champions became 100% inevitable.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    @IanMoone explain please how you got 25 from 15+5.
    qom8m2m96ff3.png

In the battlerealm math doesnt apply lmao
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Why is it the hardest difficulty has worse rewards then the second hardest... In what way does that make sense? At the bare minimum you should have just copy pasted the regular uncollected rewards into the new difficulty, then slapped your useless title in with it.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    So is the new difficulty the same quest as master/epic just harder and require the same energy cost?
  • LordPiyush24LordPiyush24 Posts: 32
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the symbiote difficulty rewards seem a little low?
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Isn't Symbiote difficulty harder than Epic? Why does it have worse rewards?

I would reread. Basically 15k 5* shards, 2,500 6* shards, and 1/2 a T2A. Seems pretty decent to me. But we will have to see the difficulty level to obtain them.

its 2500 5* shards not 6* shards
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or do the symbiote difficulty rewards seem a little low?
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Isn't Symbiote difficulty harder than Epic? Why does it have worse rewards?

I would reread. Basically 15k 5* shards, 2,500 6* shards, and 1/2 a T2A. Seems pretty decent to me. But we will have to see the difficulty level to obtain them.

its 2500 5* shards not 6* shards

Yes I know. I already corrected myself.
  • Jack221Jack221 Posts: 13
    So you're telling me i get extra content, a cool new champ to level up and play around with and some tasty rewards?

YAY!!!