**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suggestion: Revision to Piloting Punishments

I think I speak for the entire community when I say that Kabam's recent docking of AW season points against top-tier alliances was a move that was very much appreciated. It sent the message that no exceptions will be made toward the policy on account sharing, regardless of player spending dispositions. I'd like to start a discussion regarding other solutions that will not only be fair, but also more equitable to those affected by cheating/piloting.

To begin, my alliance recently faced off against one of these alliances who had been docked. After the list of alliances who had been docked season points and war rating was made available on reddit, this was easy to identify. We knew to watch out for suspicious behavior and, unfortunately, it did occur. After clearing the first 1/3 of their war nodes with ~13 deaths, they cleared the remaining 2/3 (including all the hardest nodes + miniboss and boss fights and ended with 17 total. When you spend several seasons in a T1 alliance, you know exactly what this means. We lost the war by just over 200 points, using many boosts, potions, and valuable personal time coordinating our attack plan to counter this behavior. Of course, we all took a number of screenshots, videos and used the MCOC reporting function on player profiles. Today, we saw that this alliance was docked AGAIN. The 2nd time in a single season. My alliance is now in a position of needing to "win out" the last 3 wars of the season in order to retain our status as a master alliance, no thanks to alliances like these who are still allowed to compete with the rest of us who work HARD to gather resources and play FAIR to win.

For Kabam's consideration, I propose the following changes to your policies on piloting alliances:
1) If the offending alliance is docked season points, their opponent from the war in which piloting behavior was detected will be granted those points to account for the loss of points from a missed win multiplier (50k X multiplier).

2) The offending alliance will NOT be docked AW rating. This allows offending alliances to make up for their season point reduction by matching against opponents with lesser skills/rosters/spending power and "steamrolling" them. Ensure they can only match other high tier, equally capable alliances where their piloting will have less of an impact.

3) The player who's account was shared will receive an initial ban of 72 hours. This is more than sufficent time for most officers to be made aware that the player should be replaced, without disclosing the reason. Subsequent bans will increase by 72 hours with each offense.

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments

• What if you play across multiple platforms and devices and get unfairly banned? I just got banned for 168 hours for nothing! Playing across 4 states in the last 24 hours. Going from my WiFi at home in Florida to my parents WiFi in Louisiana? I mean seriously? I’m not running 3rd party software and I’m not allowing my account t to be piloted. So what’s the deal? I can’t even change my password because I can’t log on.
  • CLFCLF Posts: 9
    It seems the most recent ban wave that hit today was for arena cheaters. My alliance was hit and we dropped from Masters/P1 down to the back half of P2. Most importantly, we lost our multiplier, so there's no way we can make up the ground before the AW season ends.

If Kabam is going to dock an alliance AW points and tier, then it seems reasonable to me that they should refund the unit/glory/loyalty value of the items used during the season to the non-offending members of the alliance. 29 guys just lost a seasons worth of boosts and potions and got no value from them at all.

I was never one of the "boycott Kabam" guys, but I can tell you that if Kabam doesn't make this right, then I will never spend another dime with them. I'm not a spender on the level of whales, but I've spent quite a bit of money on this game over the years, and my wallet is closed to Kabam at this point.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Sheldon911 wrote: »
    What if you play across multiple platforms and devices and get unfairly banned? I just got banned for 168 hours for nothing! Playing across 4 states in the last 24 hours. Going from my WiFi at home in Florida to my parents WiFi in Louisiana? I mean seriously? I’m not running 3rd party software and I’m not allowing my account t to be piloted. So what’s the deal? I can’t even change my password because I can’t log on.

Doubt that you werent being piloted. Try not giving out your acc info