**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please Change The 5* Featured Crystal - 3 Month Refresh Is Agonizing

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
Symbiote Supreme is coming! Months and months of patient saving could finally pay off! *Checks 5 Star Featured Crystal Refresh Dates*... Coming January 22th... *Dies*

Ever since the new 5* featured crystal was introduced my excitement and enjoyment of this game has decreased dramatically. One of the things I enjoyed most about this game was that I had the option as a player to save up my 5* shards, passing up short term progression, in order to have a chance at obtaining new champions that I was most excited to play. I had over 70k 5* shards before I opened my first 5*, choosing to go for Nightcrawler as one of my favorite Marvel characters. I was so excited when he was announced because I knew I had a chance to get him on release.

Now, depending on when a champion is released, it can be 3 months after their release before the majority of players can even attempt to get them. It doesn't matter if you do all of the content every month or if you've saved every last shard you've acquired - the option to go for a new champion simply isn't there anymore. There are only two options left: Pay a very large sum of money for a small chance at a new champion or grind for 3 days straight with an already stacked roster and pray you make the top 150. Both of these options are only feasible for an extremely small percent of the player base due to the financial and/or time commitments required. By the time the chance to get these champions rolls around for the rest of us the hype is gone, the meta has shifted, and the cycle continues.

Kabam, I understand you've changed things to better suit your business model for new champion releases and I also understand that it was too easy to acquire specific champions with the old crystal's 20% chance. I'm not asking for the old crystal to come back. What I'm asking for and what I would love to see is a middle ground between the old crystal and the new one. Something that gives you enough time for the exclusivity to drive crystal sales while also giving a saver like me a decent chance to get a new champion in a reasonable amount of time after their release.

Please consider making a change to these crystals. A great fix would be to refresh the 5* featured crystal on a monthly basis with the oldest two champions being removed and the newest two being added in. You could delay the refresh for 2 weeks after the release of the second new champion. This would ensure you maintain exclusivity during a champions release for crystal sales and arena grinders while also giving the rest of us a chance to roll for these champions, at max, 1 month after they are released. In addition it would be awesome to see the chance to pull a featured champion increased just a bit with the champion pool adjusted accordingly, somewhere between 5-10% would be the sweet spot. But if nothing else a faster refresh time on the crystal would do wonders and really help bring back some of the excitement to the game.

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else want this changed?
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    They can't do that, some people are planning their pulls around current system to increase chance for dupe. Pretty much everyone who is interested in featured crystal I bet
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Maybe make the featured crystal on like a 60 day timer instead
  • Options
    Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    I agree. I don’t think the current solution is the best and the wait is way to long.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    That’s a lot of words. But I dislike the new system versus the old featured system.
  • Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Pardon my ignorance, but he’s not coming to 5 star featured till January? I couldn’t find an announcement, I’m actually saving shards for the refresh date in about a month.

I’ve been wondering who would be in it.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    JC_ wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but he’s not coming to 5 star featured till January? I couldn’t find an announcement, I’m actually saving shards for the refresh date in about a month.

Next 5* featured crystal will have Ghost, Red Skull, Heimdall, Korg, Omega Red, Emma Frost, and possibly Venom the Duck or the Symbiote Supreme. Each of the new 5* featured crystals have had 6 of the most recently released champions.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Tbh i like this current featured 5 star crystal, i personally pulled a domino from it :). Even a lot of the basic champs in there are god tier like magik and hype and gr
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Next 5* featured crystal will have Ghost, Red Skull, Heimdall, Korg, Omega Red, Emma Frost, and possibly Venom the Duck or the Symbiote Supreme. Each of the new 5* featured crystals have had 6 of the most recently released champions.

You already counted 6 ending with Emma. Symbiote Supreme and Venom the Duck will be two featured crystals from now.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Cancer is agonizing. Losing a child . . . poverty . . . hunger — those are agonizing. Waiting three months for a crystal refresh definitely isn’t.
  • Options
    They can't do that, some people are planning their pulls around current system to increase chance for dupe. Pretty much everyone who is interested in featured crystal I bet

Champions would still have 3 months of time inside the featured crystal, so I don't see this being an issue. As long as they announce the change ahead of time and schedule it correctly it will be fine.
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Tbh i like this current featured 5 star crystal, i personally pulled a domino from it :). Even a lot of the basic champs in there are god tier like magik and hype and gr

The crystal refresh wouldn't affect the odds or number of champions inside of it, so functionally it would be the same except with a faster update cycle to the 6 featured heroes.

There's no announcement but we can figure out who is coming based on Kabams refresh timer and hero release dates. They always feature the next 6 heroes that were released after the current set. That means the next crystal coming in 18 days will have Ghost, Red Skull, Heimdall, Korg, Omega Red, and Emma Frost. The next refresh will take 90 days after that, hence the 3 month wait for certain champions (like Symbiote Supreme)
    Cancer is agonizing. Losing a child . . . poverty . . . hunger — those are agonizing. Waiting three months for a crystal refresh definitely isn’t.

In the context of this game and how my enjoyment and experience is being affected the adjective I used was accurate. Your comment has no place in this thread and serves only to side-track the discussion. See: Relative Privation on Wikipedia