**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do the messages I post in alliance chat display as XXXXXXXX

1. Sorry if this should be posted elsewhere
2. I did search the forums for a solid 5 minutes and found nothing
3. I understand certain words are going to be blocked, but my messages are SFW
4. This is in alliance chat and possibly global, but I never post in global
5. This happens on my android phone and ipad.
6. Thank you in advance for any help

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Unfortunately, the censor system is pretty strict and some mild words may censor your whole sentence. This happens even if you never used any explicitive in your sentence.

You know, let's say the word "scam" will censor the whole sentence (not too sure if it does though), and you go ahead and say something like "My dad's camera", then that's probably going to be censored.

Bottom line here: They need to tweak it to be less streak. You have no idea how annoying it is to see a ton of ### even when the person isn't saying something bad. It just makes the person look like they are some foul-mouthed person, which they may not be.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They messed with the filter a while back and are supposedly looking into making it better, because as it is now it's way to messy and filters things that it shouldn't.
  • Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    It blocked a clean greeting as well
  • WrongWrong Posts: 51
    Apparently knuckle sandwich is a bad word and got blocked.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I quoted Charles Barkley once. It blocked out the whole thing because of "Charles Barkley".
  • thomfoxxxthomfoxxx Posts: 2
    "I live in Rancho Penasquitos"
    Yeah, if your chat filter flags this as inappropriate language, somebody should be fired. It's almost like the filter logic is 'if message contains the letter E, then block entire message'.
    Thanks everyone.