**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aspect of War Broken - Intercepting Heavy Attacks Does Not Nullify Unstoppable [Under Investigation]

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
edited October 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
10/8/18

Device and Version: iPhone 7

Device Operating System: iOS 12.0

Mobile Carrier: N/A

Cellular or WiFi: CenturyLink 500MB/s WiFi

Game Version Installed: 20.1.0

Game Mode: Epic Occult Labs

Champions Affected: 4/55 Proxima Midnight

Active Boosts: No

Description of the Issue: Proxima Midnight intercepts Star Lord's heavy attack. Star Lord has "Aspect of War" for this fight, Proxima Midnight's intercept should nullify Star Lord's Unstoppable buff but it doesn't. Aspect of War states "The Unstoppable effect is removed prematurely if the player intercepts any dash or heavy attack".

Screenshot or Video:

https://youtu.be/cS32x5xdJZ8
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Yep its broken
  • Thank you for dropping in with this! I'm passing it along to the rest of the team so we can get this looked into.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @DTMelodicMetal it’s been my experience going back to the Guilly uncollected boss that when you have to intercept to stop unstoppable, you can’t intercept a charging heavy, it only counts as an intercept between stages of the heavy. Not sure if that’s how they intended for it to work, but that’s what’s happening to you there.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    @DTMelodicMetal it’s been my experience going back to the Guilly uncollected boss that when you have to intercept to stop unstoppable, you can’t intercept a charging heavy, it only counts as an intercept between stages of the heavy. Not sure if that’s how they intended for it to work, but that’s what’s happening to you there.

cz90079vcvq8.jpeg

@BirdReynolds
    I know. But how often does it function exactly as worded?
  • konnerkonner Posts: 32
    I got the same issue as well, I have a Samsung. so its on both platforms
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    I know. But how often does it function exactly as worded?

It's concerning when players start to justify bugs by saying nodes aren't expected to function exactly as worded.

You didnt incercept the heavy, you interrupted the heavy. Intercept would be during the motion. Its really, really hard to tell in your video because you cut right to it and it's super fast but if the motion hasnt started, it doesnt count as an intercept. I don't think what you've shown is enough evidence to say its a bug.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    You didnt incercept the heavy, you interrupted the heavy. Intercept would be during the motion. Its really, really hard to tell in your video because you cut right to it and it's super fast but if the motion hasnt started, it doesnt count as an intercept. I don't think what you've shown is enough evidence to say its a bug.

Intercepting and interrupting are the same thing. Intercepting means landing an attack that interrupts the AI after the AI has started their own attack. Here's a slow motion version of the in-game footage I provided:

https://youtu.be/V5slPkh0oNU

Star Lord starts his heavy attack, I land Proxima's dash attack before she gets hit. That's what intercepting is.

Intercepting and interrupting are the same thing. Intercepting means landing an attack that interrupts the AI after the AI has started their own attack. Here's a slow motion version of the in-game footage I provided:

https://youtu.be/V5slPkh0oNU

Star Lord starts his heavy attack, I land Proxima's dash attack before she gets hit. That's what intercepting is.

But you still hit him before he started his motion. Thats not an intercept. I have to disagree that interrupting and intercepting are the same. They arent. While he his charging a heavy, it just counts as a hit not an intercept.
    In football, you cant intercept a pass before it's thrown. Take PM for instance, one of her missions is to land 6 (i think) intercepts. Test that mission and see if hitting a heavy while charging counts or not.
    But you still hit him before he started his motion. Thats not an intercept. I have to disagree that interrupting and intercepting are the same. They arent. While he his charging a heavy, it just counts as a hit not an intercept.
    In football, you cant intercept a pass before it's thrown. Take PM for instance, one of her missions is to land 6 (i think) intercepts. Test that mission and see if hitting a heavy while charging counts or not.

@Demonzfyre Thanks for the Proxima duel suggestion. Gave it a try, it turns out Proxima did not meet her intercepting mission requirements using both how I and how you have claimed intercepting works:

https://youtu.be/bE3puwPSY6Y

I tried intercepting Star Lord's heavy attack like you suggested at the 10 and 15 second marks of the above video. I then tried intercepting Star Lord's heavy attack as shown in my OP's video at the 20 second mark. No intercepting missions completed. Thanks for the help with confirming this bug.
    @DTMelodicMetal it is a bummer. But at this point I’ve just accepted that we can’t have nice things.
    Thank you for dropping in with this! I'm passing it along to the rest of the team so we can get this looked into.

Thanks again Kabam Vyduous, you're on fire today
    @DTMelodicMetal I am still going to disagree. While I can't replicate PM VS Starlord on Aspect of War, i was able to get into 3.2 EQ and intercept AA and negate unstoppable here-
    https://youtu.be/-18hxenM91Q

Also PM's mission is to intercept dash attacks not heavies so just wanted to point out that it is also working here-
    https://youtu.be/vt8d9wSxQJk
    edited October 2018
    @DTMelodicMetal I am still going to disagree. While I can't replicate PM VS Starlord on Aspect of War, i was able to get into 3.2 EQ and intercept AA and negate unstoppable here-

Also PM's mission is to intercept dash attacks not heavies so just wanted to point out that it is also working here-

@Demonzfyre Point taken about Proxima's intercepting mission, though it's strange you told me to test that out. Aspect of War works fine when players intercept dash attacks, the bug occurs only when players attempt to intercept heavy attacks.

A forum moderator stated this would be passed along to the team. We'll see if an Aspect of War intercepting bug is included in the next changelog.

@Demonzfyre Point taken about Proxima's intercepting mission, though it's strange you told me to test that out. Aspect of War works fine when players intercept dash attacks, the bug occurs only when players attempt to intercept heavy attacks.

A forum moderator stated this would be passed along to the team. We'll see if an Aspect of War intercepting bug is included in the next changelog.

I'll admit I was wrong about the heavies. I had to check it again myself. Thats 100% on me.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tlrZ5lTeJQ

This is from one of the previous events, I believe the one with Ghost and Wasp
    This one is a clear intercept of the heavy as well, with damage numbers showing if you pause it right
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Intercepting and interrupting are the same thing. Intercepting means landing an attack that interrupts the AI after the AI has started their own attack.

I have always understood "interception" as landing a hit on the opponent when the opponent is either moving towards you or initiating an attack that dashes forward (an attack that if a player were to use it would require a swipe forward control input). I suspect the only way to intercept a heavy in a way the game would recognize as an intercept is during the attack animation while the champion was moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that what players call "intercepting" is something the game engine recognizes as "striking an interrupting a target while the target is executing a move that is flagged as interruptible."
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I have always understood "interception" as landing a hit on the opponent when the opponent is either moving towards you or initiating an attack that dashes forward (an attack that if a player were to use it would require a swipe forward control input). I suspect the only way to intercept a heavy in a way the game would recognize as an intercept is during the attack animation while the champion was moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that what players call "intercepting" is something the game engine recognizes as "striking an interrupting a target while the target is executing a move that is flagged as interruptible."

I wish it was that simple, this past May's event quest is at odds with your comment. Against Master Infinity Gauntlet Thanos it was possible to nullify his 3rd form Unstoppable buff by evading the 1st hit of his heavy attack and then landing a dash attack before the 2nd hit of his heavy attack. This was easy to do because of the long delay between his 1st heavy attack hit and the lighting bolt that came later. This intercepting tactic did not work against Uncollected Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. If you evaded the 1st heavy attack hit landed a dash attack before the lightning bolt hit Thanos stayed Unstoppable and landed his heavy attack.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

Thanks for the information and report. We've been able to identify an issue where Proxima Midnight’s intercept does not nullify Star Lord’s Unstoppable buff. While we don't have a timeline, please know that we plan to have a resolution in an upcoming update.
  • Hi,

This will be resolved in the 21.0 update.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi,

This will be resolved in the 21.0 update.

@Kabam Lyra Thanks for the update!