**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Symbiote Supreme "fix"

ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
I can agree with the second fix, where symbiote Supreme was doing more damage than necessary. But stagger, up to this point in the game, has always removed all buff triggered at the exact same time. Stagger from juggs, the hood, has always worked this way. Are you saying this was never intentional???

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I can agree with the second fix, where symbiote Supreme was doing more damage than necessary. But stagger, up to this point in the game, has always removed all buff triggered at the exact same time. Stagger from juggs, the hood, has always worked this way. Are you saying this was never intentional???
    To add on, if you fix symbiote Supreme's stagger, is this change going to affect all other staggers as well? Juggs, the hood, Jane foster, etc.
    I have no idea why my replies made a duplicate discussion thread lol
  • They are whack. Totally wrecked all CH’s
    Last moth and those players payed for it but now that it’s the other way around they have to nerf him. Kabam so as backwards
  • CG’s*
  • dtapedtape Posts: 35
    edited November 2018
    Because Symbiote Supreme easily wrecks The Champion, who is supposed to grab our money in this monthly EQ.
    edited November 2018
    9zmr5nbzzf8h.jpg
    OK, maybe I may have misinterpreted the original post. When they say they have identified 2 issues and will follow up with a fix, then they follow up by listing 2 items. Are those 2 items the issues or the solutions? Cause I interpreted the 2 things stated as what's is happening now that they intend to fix.
  • Maybe I am in the minority here but SS never caused me much issue even without sym, my red hulk WRECKED him easily

He doesn’t rely on buffs to help him. Had you gone in with Angela, RedSkull, CG, or anyone that starts off with buffs it wouldn’t have been an instant kill if not darn close. They stole a lot of ppls money now they need to “fix” him, that’s straight bull sh*t
    Can a mod clarify my question?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    This issue obviously wasn't important during the sym event when SS was the opponent.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Maybe I am in the minority here but SS never caused me much issue even without sym, my red hulk WRECKED him easily

He doesn’t rely on buffs to help him. Had you gone in with Angela, RedSkull, CG, or anyone that starts off with buffs it wouldn’t have been an instant kill if not darn close. They stole a lot of ppls money now they need to “fix” him, that’s straight bull sh*t

That’s where you’re wrong. SS removes all buffs when his nullify phase starts (and he starts with this phase). Each buff nullified deals damage.

So if you start with Angela, Red Skull, CG etc, the nullify will instant kill you with or without the fix because the fight just started.
  • 9zmr5nbzzf8h.jpg
    OK, maybe I may have misinterpreted the original post. When they say they have identified 2 issues and will follow up with a fix, then they follow up by listing 2 items. Are those 2 items the issues or the solutions? Cause I interpreted the 2 things stated as what's is happening now that they intend to fix.

The two items listed were the issues that were fixed, so you interpreted correctly.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    The timing on this seems incredibly convenient... Right after the event that had him as boss was done he got fixed. I mean come on, this just looks bad whether it was intentional or not. I did not struggle against SS, but if he had actually been difficult to fight against, this would have made a lot more people angry.
  • Werewrym wrote: »
    The timing on this seems incredibly convenient... Right after the event that had him as boss was done he got fixed. I mean come on, this just looks bad whether it was intentional or not. I did not struggle against SS, but if he had actually been difficult to fight against, this would have made a lot more people angry.

We are sorry that we didn't catch this until after that event had ended, but this only came to light after Summoners started using Symbiote Supreme in matches where this would really matter, like against Cosmic Champions that are very Buff heavy.
    So does this mean that staggers from juggernaut, jane foster, etc will experience the same changes to their stagger?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

We are sorry that we didn't catch this until after that event had ended, but this only came to light after Summoners started using Symbiote Supreme in matches where this would really matter, like against Cosmic Champions that are very Buff heavy.

I suppose I can understand that. I'm guessing most people didn't take buff heavy champs like Hype and Angela up against SS during the event?
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Can't be surprised - and I'm one of the lucky players who came after him with non-buffing champs for an easier time. The DAY that this "oh so terrible we swear we JUST caught this" bug comes into play in favor of the playerbase, all hands are on deck to course correct.

So this is what they meant by "transparency". Technically they weren't lying: by now we can see straight through them :)
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    He's still very very effective even after 21.0. saw seatins video he used 3 star ss against aegon.
  • So my Hood just got strongly nerfed as well? This is heartbreaking. Ugh. Infuriating.
  • Mars___Mars___ Posts: 87 ★★
    We can understand that all bugs are not same.. but why it is always the issues which benefits player base are fixed over night.. and other bugs which make player life harder (ex: medusa auto block) takes forever to fix??
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Yes, once we discover a bug we will mobilize to fix it. We have said many times in the past that not every bug is created equal. This is a bug that was able to be fixed server side by a single designer, and didn't take much time, but had it been left in, would have been game breaking.

Additionally, this kind of rhetoric ignores the many many bugs that are detrimental to players that are fixed right away. Yes, it is easy to focus on those that are not, but some bugs just take longer to investigate and fix, like anything that requires an update to the game, or engineering time.

What about the fix for Rogue? Surely, if you can fix Symbiote Supreme server side, then the same kind of fix for her should be doable, since it is basically the same kind of thing that is going on?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79292/rogue-has-been-bugged-for-months-doesn-t-shrug-off-some-debuffs-known-issue-under-investigation#latest
  • I can agree with the second fix, where symbiote Supreme was doing more damage than necessary. But stagger, up to this point in the game, has always removed all buff triggered at the exact same time. Stagger from juggs, the hood, has always worked this way. Are you saying this was never intentional???

This issue and fix were specific to Symbiote Supreme as mentioned in the notes about the change.

Since the initial questions in this thread have been answered, this will be closed before it goes further off topic. Please refer to the Known Issues thread and any individual threads about other issues for their status rather than derailing an unrelated thread. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.