**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 21.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 20.0 version of the game. (Example, 17.1.5)
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• I am currently experiencing issues on an iPhone XS Max running IOS 12.1. I cannot charge attacks and the game controls do not work consistently.

Jim
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Overheating is back with new update.

One run through 1.1 in new EQ and I had to shut down.

iPhone 8. Playing on home WiFi.

Anyone else noticing it?
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    edited November 2018
    I’ve come across two instances where my game crashed after I hit the “fight” button.

Both instances were on an iPhone XS iOS 12.0.1

1. On the previous version of the game: In the last round of an T4 Alliance War on node 35 which is Power Shield. I was using Spider-Man Stark Enhanced vs an unduped 6* MS. On the first attempt, the game crashed after I hit the fight button. After starting the game again, the second attempt was successful. The first attempt added a death to our alliance deaths and took half my health.

2. This was on the latest version of the game: in Alliance Quest Map 5 on node 65 I used an Iceman vs Rocket Raccoon. This was my SECOND attempt. First attempt I died (I suck, yes). Second attempt I crashed after I hit the fight button. it took half my health.

I was on my home WIFI in both cases. I believe in both cases the game crashed and restarted, and it did not go to the phones home screen. I can’t recall though because it happens fast and I want to get back to the fight.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?
  • in game name: Yugo Carvola
    Device and Model: iphone 8
    iOS: 12.0.1
    Cellular (at&t) and Wifi
    Version 21.0
    game Mode: Alliance Quest
    Champs affected: Killmonger 5* 3/55 and Archangel 4* 5/50
    No active boosts
    Issue: As soon as I selected a battle, the app crashed and when I rebooted, I lost 50% of my life. This has happened repeatedly (5 times) on the current AQ. I has never happened before. It began just prior to installing the new version.
  • Overheating is back with new update.

One run through 1.1 in new EQ and I had to shut down.

iPhone 8. Playing on home WiFi.

Anyone else noticing it?

Yes, I’ve noticed the same thing. Unfortunately, I don’t think it was ever really fixed. Lag, overheating, device drain, and extended loading times seem to be the norm now. I play less and less because of it.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    in game name: Yugo Carvola
    Device and Model: iphone 8
    iOS: 12.0.1
    Cellular (at&t) and Wifi
    Version 21.0
    game Mode: Alliance Quest
    Champs affected: Killmonger 5* 3/55 and Archangel 4* 5/50
    No active boosts
    Issue: As soon as I selected a battle, the app crashed and when I rebooted, I lost 50% of my life. This has happened repeatedly (5 times) on the current AQ. I has never happened before. It began just prior to installing the new version.

Same here, i got game crash 3 times in a row on the very first fight i attempted, my full hp Dormammu in AQ went from 100% to 13% HP.

Not to mention the atack bonuses i costed my alliance in AW.

And ofc none of the potions i used will be refunded.

Your game crashes and we pay the price
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    In-Game Name: - Silio -
    Device and Model: iPhone 7+
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 21.0.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena.
    Description of the Issue: As I play the game, my phone immediately gets hot. I am not sure why this is the case. I do not feel comfortable playing the game for more than 10-15 minutes because of this. Is there a way to change the graphic settings, please?
  • NoobstraNoobstra Posts: 8
    In-Game Name: Noobstra
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus
    Device Operating System: 12.1
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: AQ, AW, Quests
    Description of the Issue: Especially unresponsive and dropped inputs during parry and block. Various game modes. I know this was specific to 20.0, but it's still happening after the update and specifically started for me after the update.
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mihy7ELGYAEyJsue8

Dear kabam i made this screen record on my device to show you how the game mcoc has perform on my device (Ulefone power 3s) running by android 7.1.1.
    Can you help me with this problem . This problem shows only in game. Blinks , text changes button diaperes.
    Its nearly imposible to play that way. Also i had and game drops some times.
    I have game with latest update.
    Name in the game The.Master if that is important for you.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Device gets hit after 1 hr of play. Mainly in quest but also in arena. Not as bad as the bug hot problems of earlier but still more then the last update
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    Device : iPhone 8 plus
    Ios: 12.1

After this update, few times my champ started charging heavy on his own. I want even touching the screen and he was still charging heavy. Another one in my alliance is having the same issue.

For the record, i play pubg too and the are no issues. Means, no issues with my touchscreen.
  • In-Game Name: Adampastley
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: 12.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War. All
    Description of the Issue: it keeps disconnecting me, then I lose half health or lose the fight. Happened during arena, infinity dungeons and regular quest
  • In-Game Name: WhiskeyGlassEye
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (at&t)
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Unacceptable amount of time on loading screen.
  • Game has become awful since I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS12 - i m playing version 21 - FatalX is my nickname
    Each time i try to play I have Pb - lags in menus turning to game freeze, crash at fight start or at fight end (app closes dead) - I Have wasted boosts in event quests spending time on freezes and crashes, lost half my fighters in alliance war - I just can t play with this set up - it is the same on cellular and WiFi although I suspect it is even worse on WiFi - hope you ll solve this- let me know if you need more - cheers
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    IGN: Tensio
    Device: iPhone X
    Game version: 21.0
    Game mode: all
    Description: special button has been change and move to the left and also reduce its size. So now its more difficult to launch an special making me fail and losing matches
  • ShimerulShimerul Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: SHIMERIL
    Device and Model: IPHONE XR
    Device Operating System: IOS12
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 20
    Game Mode: ALL MODES
    Description of the Issue: RANDOM FREEZING OF GAME ON VARIOUS SCREENS. On screen Counters /timers still going but game unresponsive for several seconds.
    In fights, random heavies are started even when only a light attack has been used. I believe they also start on. Their own without an attack being started. Heavy acts like finger has been pressed indefinitely as though charging an attack. Can’t stop the heavy as unresponsive until it has fired. Can get several in one fight
  • Species11Species11 Posts: 27
    After playing between 5-10 minutes, my iPhone X is getting very warm to the touch... and that’s with screen brightness around 10% and no other apps running

This is very similar if not identical behavior to the same issue that happened a few revisions ago. However it’s not like the last few revisions have run cool, still too warm vs amount of usage. It seems like this problem has never really been fixed.

Can Kabam please optimize your code?
  • Anyone had this, did it twice on war and killed me both times..u8axlj4jplsk.png
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Device: iPhone 8
    WiFi only
    Version 21.0
    All game modes
    AI special attacks cause brief freezes in their animation, if I try to evade them, when it unfreezes it shows I have proc’d dexterity but the attack still lands. Just happened in war on node 47 against Killmonger, his sp1 first and second throw both cause it to freeze. I lost the fight and attack bonus because of this. In other game modes I have noticed red hulk both sp1 and sp2, DPX/Deadpool/venompool sp2, and a few others I can’t remember specifics of. This has been ongoing for a LONG time and has been reported by many others. Why is it still happening?
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    I have reported issues since V20.0
    Device: iPhone 6
    iOS: 12.1
    Version: 21.0
    All game modes while connected to WiFi or Data. Overheating continues to be an issue and i get these fun interactions from the video below

https://youtu.be/JMcx2p3sNJQ
  • BNOJamsBNOJams Posts: 103
    BNOJams
    iPhone 8-Plus
    IOS 12.0

Cellular or WiFi: Both, (Carrier = Verizon)
    Game Version: Latest
    Game Mode: All

I switched from an iPhone 6 to 8-plus several months ago, and I noticed glitches right away. More drop outs/lag outs and an odd dash-back action without me doing it. Now, since the update, parry and dashbacks are worse, with about 1 in 4 of them not activating. I'm almost always on a reliable wi-fi, but haven't noticed any difference in the frequency of problems when moving from one to the other.
  • AmigouSAmigouS Posts: 5
    IGN: AmigouS
    Device: Apple iPad Pro 11" 2018
    Software: iOS 12.1
    Connection type: WiFi
    Game Version: 21.0.0
    Game mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: The game doesn't run properly on brand new Apple iPad Pro 11" 2018 (released in late of this October), it has huge black bars, please do something!
    u4de27hfxrug.jpg
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    I’m on an iPhone 8, running iOS 12.1. This happens mainly in story and event quests, and when I am on a full WiFi signal. The fight loads as normal, but when it shows the two opponents running at each other before displaying “fight”, the whole fight becomes incredibly slow-motion. The sceeen is also zoomed out at a weird angle, and all the attacking and defending moves on both sides are in slow-motion, normally causing me to lose the fight. This is a rare occurrence but has happened multiple times.
  • Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 20.0 version of the game. (Example, 17.1.5)
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi Summoners!

Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi Summoners!

• In-game name: Champ1521
    Device: IPhone 7+
    Connectivity: Cellular and Wifi
    Version: 21.0
    Game mode: dungeons
    Description: I have been facing an issue with selecting champions for dungeons. Once I have used a certain set of champs, they still appear in the edit team option. When I select them, nothing happens and I have to do the selection process again.

Another issue is that the in-game dungeon chat does not work. After I ‘invite partner’ through the portal, the chat does not work. There is no other way I can communicate to that person and with the time running out, it is very difficult to wait on it. As a result, my dungeon partner took down a different node because we could communicate (for example: he took down node 3 instead of 4). Due to this, I lost my champions as it affected my game play and had to quit dungeons half way.

I would appreciate your reply and your effort to solve this issue.
  • In game Name : G3N1CYD
    Device : iPhone XS MAX
    Connection : wifi/cell (both/either)
    Version : 12.1
    So the Leader of my Alliance : “PMCS” sent me a gift [actually he sent a few of us the same gift] and I got the notification to my phone, but when I openned the game, there was nothing ; nothing in my inbox, stash, inventory, anywhere... But one of my alli mates that I know IRL, and I’m with him now [In Game Name : nahoo~1] got the same notification to his phone, openned his game, and there they were - 10PHCs.... SOOOOOO......

P.S. this is pne of !!!!MAAAAANNNNNYYYYYY!!!!! Bugs I have reported here, and they haven’t ever been answered.... But this time, Now, You’re taking away Money/units away from my alli Leader and from me, as well as possible champions... Which was the point - to possibly boost my roster. This is unacceptable!!! Please resolve this asap, and reciprocate my 10 PHCs ...!!!
This discussion has been closed.