**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

"Buffet" makes no sense as a node name.

HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
Other node names make sense such as masochism - they like pain, so it converts to health.

But buffet? What?

That means to hit something repeatedly, hit with a force or hit with your hand.

I don't get how taking away your buff and giving health to your opponent translates.

Anyone? I'm genuinely curious.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Buffet is associated with food. The enemy "eats" the buff and gains HP from it

That's buf-fae. The word is buf-it.

Edit: oh, you're joking. Sorry, my joke-o-meter busted.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    No, actually. It was responded to by a Mod. It's Buffet. As in Smorgasbord. Buff-Ay.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    So the T is silent
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    1dhtytqdk2xj.png
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I'm not ... Buffet is really associated with food.
    Even the word untranslated in my native language is an association with food.

If you still think i'm joking, just search for it ... It was even confirmed by a mod in the past in another thread
  • Options
    1dhtytqdk2xj.png

Well damn.

Sorry... That's just stupid.

Makes sense now. But stupid.
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Hamin wrote: »

I don’t think that was a joke because he’s right. Buffet is associated with food.
  • Options
    I'm not ... Buffet is really associated with food.
    Even the word untranslated in my native language is an association with food.

If you still think i'm joking, just search for it ... It was even confirmed by a mod in the past in another thread

No, I knew what you meant. I just thought the explanation for it was ludicrous.
  • Options
    Smash wrote: »

I don’t think that was a joke because he’s right. Buffet is associated with food.

I said that in the post. I thought it was buf-it because I didn't think Kabam would call it buf-fay
  • Options
    Smash wrote: »

I said that in the post. I thought it was buf-it because I didn't think Kabam would call it buf-fay

You guys teplied while i was typing. Hadn’t updated the page yet
  • Options
    *replied
  • Options
    VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    its pun on eating the buffs, but like the opponent can take what it wants(given cooldown time to properly chew it) and then just come back for more
  • Options
    Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    Buffets are gross. Was picking up some take out and out of no where some dude pushed some guy to the ground right before he was about to grab a pair of tongs. He dropped some f bombs and yelled at the guy for not washing his hands after using the restroom and then trying to handle the food. I have not gone to a buffet since.