**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2015 rank up gems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    Rektor wrote: »
    Frankmcoc wrote: »
    The above statement is incorrect

I acquired a gem before the fix . Coulda used it, but didn’t.

It no longer works on on non 2015 champs

That’s not what I saw with my own eyes 2 hours ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can show a screen shot from a few days ago and a screen shot now....this I’m sure of...as it is first hand

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

I can show a screen shot from a few days ago and a screen shot now....this I’m sure of...as it is first hand

Maybe it was fixed in the last 2 hours? That would be good news and a step in the right direction.
    No it stopped working Thursday around 7 est
    But the situation still isn’t right or fair to anyone
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    Is it too much work to reverse this exploit? Maybe give everyone a generic rank up in addition to class or change the class ru to a generic
    Especially since they let everyone else who beat it by thursday do just that
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    This community is so toxic. The fact that you're raging about this is exactly why Kabam doesn't take the community seriously.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    IKON wrote: »
    This community is so toxic. The fact that you're raging about this is exactly why Kabam doesn't take the community seriously.

Community is a cesspool because people think they can do whatever they want and get away with it.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    *Thought about not posting this due to the emotions and unreasonable responses I’ll recieve from it. But then decided i’ll go ahead and just ignore the typical fallacies employed by people it contradicts as i don’t really want to waste time with unreasonable people posting from an emotional or self serving position.

There are a lot of assumptions, hyperbole, missrepresentation and bad analogies in this thread, which I’m guessing is coming from emotions due to t2a being a coveted resource; although this could also be driven by certain players trying to engineer war seasons by disadvantaging others; something we’ve seen done in the past with falsified line conversations and the posts surronding them. This doesn’t strengthen arguements or lend credence to points made, it weakens them and in some cases completely negates them.

1) “They knew they were exploiting.” Sans being a mind reader that’s an unfounded assertion. While some knew it is unreasonable to assume all knew. It is not unreasonable for people to be ignorant of who the gem was intended for. Knowing what a 2015 champion is not something most people are familiar with nor is it a requirement for using an item. People could pop the crystal and then look for the blue arrow on who thier rank up options were wittout reading a single word.

You do not need to even be able to read to see this; hey I got a gem for completion of this chapter, lets see who has a blue arrow allowing a rank up from this; awesome i can now rank up these champions, don’t mind if i do. They did not question if it was meant to be and decided it was worth the resources to blast through the event spending resources/cash to get an edge in the war season and next AQ cycle.

People could’ve also only had the 4-5 gem in mind, didn’t pay any mind to the other gems and then used the gems as they were being allowed to use them when looking at thier rank up options.

Using an item in game obtained from playing is not an offense.

These scenarios possibly leave people who played the game these ways at a loss because they might not have expended the time nor resources under these conditions.

2). “It’s unfair.” Everyone had the oppritunity to blast through the event in 24 hours. If you didn’t that sucks but on the other side those who blasted through the event to obtain these rewards put in time and resources to do it for the rewards they were given. If people ran the event to obtain them as quick as possible they are now out time and effort if those rank ups are reversed; this would be taking action against someone that will actually be negative rather than give the illusion of being negative to people who didn’t experience this bug.

3) “This is analgous to past events.” Nope this is a separate event, people are not able to rerun this event for as many resources as they have the time to obtain; they are one time rewards.

This thread is like a salt and jelly sandwich which people are eating it up, ranting and raving about then coming back for more.

I’m not opposed to ranking down champions that were ranked up due to a bug, if they can even do that; the gem could’ve had a separate description but been classified as a standard gem one would obtain from act 5 or even the 3-4 gem obtained from the event itself, this leaves Kabam without a reasonable ability to determine which gems were used from act 5 or the Ultron event. But some people are making way to much out of it and abandoning reason to do so, leave the emotions out of it, this will only taint the enjoyment you derive from this game; but again for some that is what they get out of the game, an excuse to fly off the handle over spilled milk, inviting company over to share their misery and fanning the flames of mob mentality; these are often the people who ignore others (and suggest others do so as well) and by matter of course simply dismiss someone’s opinion that is contradictory to their own.

I definitely agree with this
    If i had done d event, once I'd gotten the gems i know I'll just go to champ list and search for the blue rank up icon and rank who i like
    Not the point.

I don’t think anyone should be punished...whether they knew they ranked up an ineligible champ or not...( which I’m pretty sure anyone on that lvl knew) it was kabams mistake and bug. But either kabam fixes it by ranking the champ down...or everyone else that explores a chapter should have the same option
  • BabafrigoBabafrigo Posts: 44
    After hundreads of comments , no words from kabam....
  • razorjack10razorjack10 Posts: 42
    Babafrigo wrote: »
    After hundreads of comments , no words from kabam....

They must have decided to ignore this. If they ignore it i will quit.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I agree... there shouldn’t be any bans. But unlike one poster said:

1) The players that took advantage most likely knew. The type of roster and experience it takes to clear Variant, the person most likely has been in the game for 2-3+ years. Most will be in top alliances and discuss content, and engage in YouTube. My whole alliance knows of the awards and we are in Gold 1. Top players do discuss these type of things. They also discuss exploits. I warned several fellow alliance members of piloting and possible exploits.

2) It is unfair. There were times maps gave rewards for every path completed. Kabam not only reversed the rewards, they deranged all champs ranked up from the rewards. They even stated themselves that taking advantage of an exploit, no matter how little is a major issue. While everyone happen opportunity to complete the content, it is a matter of keeping the game balanced from rewards via completion of content. While some can just buy champs, ranking is a much different thing.

3) They obviously do not understand the concept of setting precedence. Kabam ruling on exploits before establishes the expectation from the community that the same type of rule violation would carry the same punishment. While in the map exploit people ran the map several times to the sum of 2k units in refills (which was warrant a ban), this case only warrants a rollback due to limited impact and rewards.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    As for YouTubers not mentioning the issues besides Dorky Diigity Dave... I am sure Richtheman will comment on this. He is pretty stand up and I enjoy his news and reviews of content, forums and even highlight other YouTubers.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Babafrigo wrote: »
    İts getting worse now, i dont accept no answer situation

They won't be replying until Monday, this is always the situation, keep silent over the weekend to let the mess up dwindle.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    somehow i dont see this dying down because the issue here is kabam allows exploits, and if kabam allows exploits everyone that plays this game probably wont accept it or do and use some of their own i guess.
This discussion has been closed.