**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champions Clash Coldsnap in Chapter 2.

Comments

• Bdavis2017Bdavis2017 Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    pjzn06e18idf.png
    8b6drk03wngr.png
    ebe8k5uyalbi.png
    Damage should be around 312 without resistance if you do the math but it’s almost double...
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit

Any info on this matter?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this @KnightZero. I kept getting coldsnapped back to low health last night each time on the first three legs of the quest without getting hit and couldn’t figure out why.

Any ideas as to why or how to counter (other than bringing a decent Coldsnap immune, which I don’t have) would be welcome.

Dr. Zola

lean4lehbfks.jpg

Did all of that @Haji_Saab. Even put on longjohns. Still dying from cold in 12 seconds😂

And I changed my pants every time they got wet from seeing those massive red numbers pile up on screen...

Dr. Zola
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    I wonder why haven't Kadam responded to this post till now
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    well ****!!! I was going to try it tonight after war ended.... guess not now. I will be watching this post throughout the day to see if a MOD gives us any information
    KnightZero wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this @KnightZero. I kept getting coldsnapped back to low health last night each time on the first three legs of the quest without getting hit and couldn’t figure out why.

Any ideas as to why or how to counter (other than bringing a decent Coldsnap immune, which I don’t have) would be welcome.

Dr. Zola

No problem! I finished it with the bug and had to use a ton of items. Hopefully they fix it for everyone else. As for how to counter it, other than a Coldsnap immune, there is no option

Took a break after Iceman #4. Registering over 700 a tick for me.

DZ
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018

Dr. Zola

No problem! I finished it with the bug and had to use a ton of items. Hopefully they fix it for everyone else. As for how to counter it, other than a Coldsnap immune, there is no option

DZ

Last one hits 750 or higher per tick. Left me with barely any health
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I swear if the Iceman was bugged...and those who completed it before have to do it again...no thank you
    I am afraid now is the correct damage. People who did it before got lucky. I calculated the damage and it should be around 469 per tick without resistances ...

The 600+ ticks are including bleed and poison suicide damage.

I don't run suicides. Check the picture.
  • TheWitcherTheWitcher Posts: 36
    I try now in the new update and try also in other device with old version, that's the result, look the screenshots, before and after:hrv1whu7ymc4.pngtc2hh5vx8e1o.png

So, stupids for not complete the Clash before, or stupids who do now the Clash? We have to wait that you resolve it, Kabam? The Clash will end soon, what have we do?? (..wait..spend...wait ...spend...)
    I am afraid now is the correct damage. People who did it before got lucky. I calculated the damage and it should be around 469 per tick without resistances ...

And you are ticking at 438 per tick... which is exactly what I said ...
    That's only the first one. As you go higher it ticks for way more. 700+ from the 4th onwards
    edited December 2018

Dr. Zola

DZ

So I’m looking at Iceman #4...on his stat sheet, Coldsnap deals 5698 damage over 12 seconds and in game hits 713 per tick. Assuming 12 ticks at that rate puts you at 8556, or approximately 50% more than in his stats.

Here’s a Seatin pic of the last Iceman I believe...412 a tick.

ls0h2v9lqilq.png

Not sure you can reduce 750 to 412 via masteries but I’m happy to listen if someone knows a way.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

DZ

So I’m looking at Iceman #4...on his stat sheet, Coldsnap deals 5698 damage over 12 seconds and in game hits 713 per tick. Assuming 12 ticks at that rate puts you at 8556, or approximately 50% more than in his stats.

Is there another pic of what he was ticking for pre-update?

Dr. Zola

5698 *3 /12 /2 = 712.25 per tick ...

713 per tick is pretty accurate damage ...

Why the *3? Haven't understood that part. Also, it doesn't matter tbh. Can't change the damage per tick midway through the quest.

Dr. Zola

DZ

Here’s a Seatin pic of the last Iceman I believe...412 a tick.

ls0h2v9lqilq.png

Not sure you can reduce 750 to 412 via masteries but I’m happy to listen if someone knows a way.

Dr. Zola
    You can't. His game hasn't been updated. 412 per tick was pre-update.

That's only the first one. As you go higher it ticks for way more. 700+ from the 4th onwards

See my reply to Zola... that is also accurately calculated damage ...

Look, you guys got the rough deal as compared to people who completed it before update..that is the main issue
    Why the *3? Haven't understood the calculation.
    Also, as you said, we got the rough deal with the quest being changed midway through the event. Which isn't fair at all to the number of people who decided to wait a bit and figure out how to beat the champs before going in.
    3x is due to the global node ... Iceman's snap increases with node effects .. the global node is +200% damage which essentially triples your damage.

Oh okay. Never read the global node lol. Damage makes sense according to that. But it shouldn't be different for people who did it pre and post update. There isn't any consistency that way.
  • TheWitcherTheWitcher Posts: 36
    edited December 2018
    Look, you guys got the rough deal as compared to people who completed it before update..that is the main issue [/quote]

Of course, if i knew before, i would have done with Wasp the first day... She killed with her stun, instantly with the "KO - 10 second Stun" node... but it was..a "bug"... So, someone explain me this node, please...
    edited December 2018

Look, you guys got the rough deal as compared to people who completed it before update..that is the main issue

Perhaps we could get a game team expert to drop us a line here? If this is the current version of Coldsnap damage after the update, and we just have to eat it, then it’s either press on or punt. But it would be nice to get a sense of what changed and why with the new update. Seatin’s screenshot certainly doesn’t come close to 750 per tick, but I would like to know how that last Iceman gets to just 412 each tick. Happy to respec masteries or buy a boost to knock out the last two lanes, but some sort of explanation would make it all go down a bit easier.

Other than “updaters got hosed,” any other thoughts @Haji_Saab ?

Dr. Zola
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    I wonder has this also affected Quest 4 in Chapter 1 or is it just Chapter 2.

Perhaps we could get a game team expert to drop us a line here? If this is the current version of Coldsnap damage after the update, and we just have to eat it, then it’s either press on or punt. But it would be nice to get a sense of what changed and why with the new update. Seatin’s screenshot certainly doesn’t come close to 750 per tick, but I would like to know how that last Iceman gets to just 412 each tick. Happy to respec masteries or buy a boost to knock out the last two lanes, but some sort of explanation would make it all go down a bit easier.

Dr. Zola

Seatin hasn't updated. No mastery can reduce the damage that much. I reset masteries to check it out and even with 4/4 Energy Resistance, 438 becomes 408. They basically changed one part of a node and that has screwed us over.
    3x is due to the global node ... Iceman's snap increases with node effects .. the global node is +200% damage which essentially triples your damage.

Oh okay. Never read the global node lol. Damage makes sense according to that. But it shouldn't be different for people who did it pre and post update. There isn't any consistency that way.

Gotta get in early to take advantage of the bugs :smiley:

I personally used r3 Ghost ...

Lol would have done it if I knew. I have a Corvus, but he takes too much time without boosts. And when I did practice before the update, SS was killing it. So went in with him.
    edited December 2018
    I wonder has this also affected Quest 4 in Chapter 1 or is it just Chapter 2.

No idea. My champs are sitting in the middle of the quest for now waiting on clarification. What I am wondering is if it helps much to add energy resistance. I’ve moved points around and thought about deploying MD for this quest but haven’t.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

In previous update, the 50% reduction which should have applied to you, also applied to defenders. So, that's the bug.

Now, you have two options, think about ice-phoenix.. it's that but 6 times now .. Or you need to find a cold immune champ ... So, options are:

Cold immunes:

Ghost
    Sabretooth
    IMIW
    Mephisto
    Corvus

Regen champs:

GR
    Rogue
    OR
    x23 and others

or brute force with tech champs with potions

At higher levels, GR is hard to play with against Iceman with the damage you are taking. Same with X-23. You don't Regen enough at the start. Need to be extremely careful to last till Regen kicks in well. Can't take block damage too
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    edited December 2018

5698 *3 /12 /2 = 712.25 per tick ...

713 per tick is pretty accurate damage ...

This should have the 50% reduction added which would make it right though .