**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Halls of Fortune Energy Costs

TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
In the previous Halls of Healing it has cost 0 energy to do. However I am at a loss as to why it costs so much energy in Halls of Fortune to earn what is considered to be one of the hardest resource to keep on hand? I just did one pass of the Hard quest and I have 7 energy left. That is soul crushing to say the least.

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    DRTO wrote: »
    Halls of fortune have always cost energy. And they're giving us free energy refills on the calendar. It's really not that bad so quit complaining and just enjoy the gold.

Oh yeah, as a paying consumer I don't have a right to voice my displeasure. That is how the world works now?

That's why I'm free to play, so I never complain about wasting money on this game lol.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Kabam is giving us 5 energy refills with the 4 year calendar. If you’re strapped for energy then I would buy refills for 30 units. Easy to get those units from arena. As far as I’m aware, all halls of whatever has always costed energy to run. It has never been 0.
    You do not even need to pay 30 units, the energy refills (at least for me) are one of the featured items in the store and available at a discount. Think I got 5 for a little more tha 100 units and could pick up all 20 for just under 500 units.

P.S. The halls have been free energy during appreciation week, at least healing has; never stepped into a gold halls.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    xhnlq5c8boln.png
    Last summoner appreciation event costed energy @CoatHang3r
    It might have been free once, but I remember halls of fortune and healing costing energy. Fortune has always been more than healing as well.
  • TsoderbeTsoderbe Posts: 32
    CoarHang3r is right, they have run Halls of Fortune for free before. They generally don't, though. If it didn't cost energy to run, then they could just give everyone a million gold. In this game, you have to earn what you get.
    edited December 2018
    @Deadbyrd9 Not sure what an info graphic from trucos 2016 proves. Have an official announcement from earlier this year to prove my assertion.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/89859/summoner-appreciation-week-august-24th-31st
    “Halls of Healing: The Summoner favourite Halls of Healing event is coming back! Keep your Champions in the fight with these special Quests which are loaded with low to high level Potions and Revives for both Quest and Alliance content! The Halls of Healing will be open for 24 hours on alternating days this week and will not cost you any Energy!

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @Deadbyrd9 Not sure what an info graphic from trucos 2016 proves. Have an official announcement from earlier this year to prove my assertion.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/89859/summoner-appreciation-week-august-24th-31st
    “Halls of Healing: The Summoner favourite Halls of Healing event is coming back! Keep your Champions in the fight with these special Quests which are loaded with low to high level Potions and Revives for both Quest and Alliance content! The Halls of Healing will be open for 24 hours on alternating days this week and will not cost you any Energy!

It's to prove that they weren't always free and that, that time you specifically stated was a one time thing. Much like the 5* Arena and $1 Crystal
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

It's to prove that they weren't always free and that, that time you specifically stated was a one time thing. Much like the 5* Arena and $1 Crystal
    His assertion was they were never free and always cost energy; This is indicated by the words “always” and “never” he used while replying. The fact that halls of healing cost energy in 2016 does not prove always and never. The only people making assertions about “never and always” are those in the wrong. Might want to reread the OP and subsequent replies (rather than cherry picking) then let it sink in.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Energy refills are 15 units right now. But hey, even if the quest was free, most would substitute how little gold they are giving us instead of energy. It will never be enough no matter what.
    H
    The Halls of Fortune and Healing should be free for summoners. If this is truly a celebration of Kabam's 4 years then wouldn't that also be an appreciation for the player base? You would think that they'd at least throw us a bone and let us have these rewards for no energy cost.

Legend,
    DavidAvenger20
    I would rather they gave us the energy refills to complete the halls if we choose to do so or spend the energy elsewhere, as that doesn’t leave summoners out of the celebration if they have no use for the halls. Oh wait....Hey thanks Kabam for including all summoners in the celebrarion rather than those just thirsty for gold and health pots. ;)
  • blah blah they giving us free energy, blah blah blah stop complaining, blah blah I'm free to play, blah blah!!!
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Discounted energy refills right now. I guess for me 60 or so units for 300k+ gold is pretty damn good.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Can’t believe there is a complaint about this as well... smh.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    If I remember correctly during SA week healin event cost 0 energy but limited entry max 2 i think.
  • I never understand why people complain about free stuff.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    DRTO wrote: »
    Halls of fortune have always cost energy. And they're giving us free energy refills on the calendar. It's really not that bad so quit complaining and just enjoy the gold.

Oh yeah, as a paying consumer I don't have a right to voice my displeasure. That is how the world works now?

You have every right to misrepresent facts, apparently. Halls of fortune have always had energy requirements, as i vividly recall having champs stuck in it during aw.

So much irony lol
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    If you don’t think the gold is worth the energy, you could always skip it.
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    I never understand why people complain about free stuff.

It’s never free in first place. You spent your time plus energy. And how worth is your time? For me it’s most worthful thing in this world.
  • SknZn wrote: »
    I never understand why people complain about free stuff.

It’s never free in first place. You spent your time plus energy. And how worth is your time? For me it’s most worthful thing in this world.

Sure, but that's not really relevant in this context. If it was, then since I spent time reading your post I would be a paying customer that could demand higher value for my time. I don't think that's what you intend to occur.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Just skip it and save your energy.

I can't wait for the halls of healing tomorrow.