**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW seasons current problems which eventually will destroy the game

Hi, everyone !

I play MCOC for two years now and I witnessed the creation of AW seasons. First, I was excited about this new feature because it renewed AW interest and useness with greater rewards and allowed mean alliances to have an idea of their level and their will to improve it (seasons rewards helping to do so).

But it appears today that, besides the balance issues in some matches, there's a serious problem concerning difficulties especially for mean alliances, like mine (6M power rating and 800-900 war power). Let me explain.

Even in balanced match, we have to use sometimes a lot of potions because of difficulties of some fights. These difficulties remain in the need and the obligation to do PERFECT fights. Only one mistake (parry timing, mainly) and you lose your champ (your best most of the time given the difficulty of the fight), and if you don't have any heal, you have to finish the war (sometimes the entire map when this mistake is made on the first fight) with only your two last champs. And when you're doing a tough war, you almost systematically doom your all alliance to lose. Because of one little mistake (one tenth of second), you can lose an essential war, which can set your place in season's rank. This very mistake can determine if you stay Gold or Silver rank. It's ridiculously unfair.

Of course, you can use heal, but to use it, you have to buy it. To buy it with units. Not gold. Units. And that's the second point that I want to talk about. Currently, this AW season system forces everybody to use heal and in this way get a lot of units, so many that either vs nor events are not enough to get the amount of units needed to have enough heal (one alliance tier 3 heal potion costs 65 units, tier 4 100 units, ...). You can stock, of course, but it supposes to not use it for one or two wars (the essential ones ?). That's a very serious problem about this kind of system who forces you to use (and buy ?) units to do war without the extreme pressure you can feel when it's your last war of the season and you have no choices than being perfect at every fight (that nobody can do under stress).

Seatin did a video about it and I suggest you to check it out.

This kind of defeats triggers a lot within alliances, mine too, and upsets players sometimes leave alliance, again just for only one mistake. And new alliances disband quicker because new players of course don't know the game and champs good enough to assess difficulty of wars and sometimes keep losing wars. This isn't encouraging nor positive for next ones. We all know that keeping losing in a game is the best way to love it and play at.

Below you can find my proposals to fix these problems. I think all the following ones are easily applicable and more than that, I think that all of them in the game won't make AW too easy, just easier and accessible for all:

- Reduce fight difficulties (nerf nodes, fix balance in matching wars...).
- Purchase heals with gold or loyalty at reasonable prices and not with units anymore.
- Champs ban system prior to war (like League of Legends) ? It could be interesting for testing skills with other champs than the best ones.
- Better season and war rewards.
- Permanent heal quest.

That were my thoughts about it.

Comments

• Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    You can get alliance heal potions with Glory. Don't spend units on them.
  • Options
    BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    They also intended for wars to not being able to be finished unless you have tremendous talents or spending. They actually admitted to that. If it would be too easy, everyone would be clearing no problem, and people would complain again that wars are decided on diversity. Even if I do agree with you (being in tier 3) some node/defender combos are killer to get through but that’s what the game is. I can’t fault Kabam for that. The lag, glitches, sudden drops midfight, now that I do complain about.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    ^
    Also there are ways to ensure the boss goes down, which maximizes points in the event of a loss, even if players wipe on required paths. This can save a season.

The maps in lower tiers allow for lots of back ups to clear, iirc. And Paths 1,2,5 and 8 are optional if you are playing the advanced map. Having a strategy for movement to ensure key nodes are taken down can account for wipes then that can ease or remove the usage of health potions.

In adavanced path 1 can stop at 19 and wait for 27 to go down before advancing. Path 5 can wait till the end to act as a back up for any lane or act as a back up for 28 and 30. Path 8 can stop at the teleporter in section 1 to back up 6,7 or 9.

• Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    This is what AW is. People are playing/paying so why should Kabam change it. It also gives top alliances a way to stay happy.
  • Options
    Max_CollinsMax_Collins Posts: 7
    Yeah, I know Kabam prefer top alliances or top players. That's what I complain about. And now they're currently making quest in top players difficulty, look at the Ultron quest. This quest is typical of Kabam current policy: satisfying top players, or players who pay and litteraly not give a **** of mean players because they don't pay. It was true before and it's going even more true. The interest of glory is to buy catalysts, not heal (another sign of Kabam's behaviour). We, mean players, cannot buy both heal and catalysts with glory.
  • Options
    Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    A lot of us play for free because of these top players. Either get used to spending or find an alliance that accepts how far they can go without spending. These are your choices and they are reasonable
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    All I got out of that entire post is- make it easier but give us better rewards than we get right now. Why not just say that instead?
  • Options
    Because I'm not a random rager who just want to get rewards easier. I want to explain why these changes are needed right now because if Kabam continue on this way, we are going to get a more and more difficult game who doesn't rewards mean players enough.
  • Options
    - Reduce fight difficulties (nerf nodes, fix balance in matching wars...).

- Better season and war rewards.

Because I'm not a random rager who just want to get rewards easier. I want to explain why these changes are needed right now because if Kabam continue on this way, we are going to get a more and more difficult game who doesn't rewards mean players enough.

You can't say that you don't want to get rewards easier. These 2 points 100% contradict that completely.
  • Options
    Well, when I said that, I meant keep challenge stuff but reduce difficulty of the nodes all the same.
  • Options
    Well, when I said that, I meant keep challenge stuff but reduce difficulty of the nodes all the same.

That's impossible. How can you keep the "challenge" but reduce difficulty? If its not difficult, its not challenging. Whats challenging about easy nodes? Do you complete Normal difficulty in EQ and at the end say that it was worth the challenge?
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    AW seasons has poisoned the playerbase. Every war comes down to like 3-5 deaths so every single mistake can be the difference between ta win and loss.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    AW seasons has poisoned the playerbase. Every war comes down to like 3-5 deaths so every single mistake can be the difference between ta win and loss.
    Wrong!

• Options

Master bracket sure, but not the rest of the brackets.
  • Options
    Of course it concerns all the brackets. A mistap for a parry and you get one shot and all war and sometimes season could be doomed. It's ridiculous. This doesn't give you a chance to continue the fight because before you want to, you're already dead.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Plat and Gold 1 as well.
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Plat and Gold 1 as well.

Not really. Im in Plat 3 and have tons of exp with Gold 1. Wars ive been in aren't only getting 3-5 wars per match. The kill count is much higher on both sides. Plat 1 borderline Master would see wars that only 3-5 deaths could happen.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Sounds like you’re experiencing Kabam fatigue, taking a few weeks off helps a lot with people at your stage of the game.

Spend your money on reading the Marvel comics play the game for fun.