Hyperion and mordo too overpowered

245

Comments

  • unknownunknown Posts: 376
    Easy fix is let everyone pick their champs from stones. Takes away the randomness and then people can build their rosters the way they want. That way if there are some OP champs, everyone can get them and be on the same level playing field champ wise. Let masteries and sig levels differentiate them from there. Either that, or nerf the power gain on Hyperion. He is a beast and a pain to fight, and his power gain is ridiculous.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 215
    I use Psylocke in AW for the Hyperions and unblockable nodes, she's a real beast for it
  • unknownunknown Posts: 376
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    I use Psylocke in AW for the Hyperions and unblockable nodes, she's a real beast for it

    great for you. If psylocke is the answer, then let me choose her from my next 4*/5* stone
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    What if we made Hyperion sorta like Moon Knight

    Increased power gained from attacking so that he's more like juggernaut where there are windows to fight him

    Mordo just needs a more standardized AI
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    5.2 is pretty difficult...maybe Kabam will make easy because I just want the rewards. Geez..
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    5.2 is pretty difficult...maybe Kabam will make easy because I just want the rewards. Geez..

    It's not fair I don't have champs to beat it so not do i want to spend time in arena kabam claims this game is unbalanced yet makes difficult content like this that I can't beat with my 3 star antman

    Now I'm not one to complain r ask for things to be easier but kabam should nerf Hyperion and mordo so I can have a easier time fighting them but kabam I'm watching you let it be know you guys should never nerf champs
  • Mr_Otter wrote: »
    What if we made Hyperion sorta like Moon Knight

    Increased power gained from attacking so that he's more like juggernaut where there are windows to fight him

    Mordo just needs a more standardized AI

    No.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,436 ★★★★
    Sw was nerfed because you could beat hard content with a 3* version. Same with ds. His healing was too op as was sw. Hyperion is a great champ and can be countered very easily when he on defense. Just bring the right champs
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,436 ★★★★
    Mordo is such an easy fight. As long as he's not on thorns I love seeing him placed in tier 1. It's a free node for me with voodoo
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,436 ★★★★
    We don't need more lc and Kamala khans in this game
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,436 ★★★★
    Also, I still think sw is a top champ especially in aq. She's still really good without a reliable regen
  • namelessnameless Posts: 31
    edited July 2017
    Nitester wrote: »
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Stop crying kid learn how to play
    I am almost 300k pi. Been playing for a year and a half and went through the SW/DS nerf. F u for saying stop crying. **** Hyperion and mordo just like SW/DS were

    Hyperion and mordo can't run through content like SW/DS used to be able to. I think many have a problem with the war nodes that increase power gain not the character itself. The character without the power gain node is easy to kill so obviously everyone is complaining about nerfing the wrong thing. Cry about nerfing power gaining nodes in AW instead of the power gaining champs.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    I use Psylocke in AW for the Hyperions and unblockable nodes, she's a real beast for it

    Can you tell me how you use psylocke against him?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,866 ★★★★★
    Drizzits wrote: »
    Wow. Mordo isn't even good on offense. His one strength is D and he's not that hard to fight anymore. He is miles away from being over powered. Hyperion really isn't a good defender. He loves his L1 and L2 so much. Thankfully Kabam doesn't nerf champs every time people who aren't good at the came call for it.

    Haven't played with him very much huh? Every one thinks mordos only real strength is power gain and being pseudo stun immune.
    No one takes in to account that he stacks fury and hits like a truck when he does.

    @Drizzits @Dusky_Dawn I have played with him and I agree that he isn't garbage on offense but was responding to the claim that he is overpowered. Lot's of champs can be used offensively if you know how to use them but they aren't assets on offense. I have yet to see anyone use Mordo on AW offense in tier one war. Have seen lots of people use Magik even though she's good on defense. Why is that? Maybe because even if you know how to use Mordo he isn't that great on offense.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited July 2017
    For mordo use heavy to block break during power flood. U can stop any power flood on him with any champ.
    For hyperion there is no way to counter his power flood by normal champ. They should add something like if hyperion get hit during power flood not only his current power flood stop but also instantly drain 33% of his power.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,866 ★★★★★
    @TheSOURA you don't need to be able to stop it, although you are incorrect. Doctor Strange's Counter Spell will stop Hyperion's power gain. But you can beat him with any champ if you fight patiently and bait his L1 and L2.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited July 2017
    @TheSOURA you don't need to be able to stop it, although you are incorrect. Doctor Strange's Counter Spell will stop Hyperion's power gain. But you can beat him with any champ if you fight patiently and bait his L1 and L2.

    I said by any normal champ. Guess he is in all or nothing node or spite node.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,866 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    @TheSOURA is nerfed Doctor Strange not a normal champ? I tell you he can stop Hyperion and fight him like any other champ. You said no normal champ could do that.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    @TheSOURA is nerfed Doctor Strange not a normal champ? I tell you he can stop Hyperion and fight him like any other champ. You said no normal champ could do that.

    Auto-nullify isn't an ability that "normal" champs have
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,866 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    @TheSOURA is nerfed Doctor Strange not a normal champ? I tell you he can stop Hyperion and fight him like any other champ. You said no normal champ could do that.

    Auto-nullify isn't an ability that "normal" champs have

    I guess that's true. He's still easy to fight though.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 629 ★★★
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    They nerfed Scarlet and Strange, why not nerf them as well. If they decide not to nerf their power gain, they return Scarlet and Strange back to God Tier. You currently have champs so powerful now that were nobodies in the comics or where minor characters...ALWAYS (Nightcrawler for ex). Just because they are easy for some of you to fight, alot of others struggle or fail against these champs in AW. Most dont have duped 4/55 or can even get the right champs out of phc

    You say this now then one day you will get one of them. Then kabam will nerf them and you will be back here complaining about how it's unfair. Look there will always be some champ that gives everyone trouble for a while then people will get use to them and along will come another one. Please stop asking for champs to be nerfed that's what happened with ds sw Thor and bw now look what we got.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    I don't know where you would stop nerfing if Hyperion and Mordo needed it. Spider-Man and Nightcrawler can suck in war might as well nerf them too. Juggernaut can be problematic...lets get him...I don't like the way Yondu looks so let's nerf him. How about you accept the fact you can't always win!
  • hellgoalhellgoal Posts: 22
    learn to figh and stop complaining.theres more than enough videos on YouTube that shows how to deal with them .
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited July 2017
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    For mordo use heavy to block break during power flood. U can stop any power flood on him with any champ.
    For hyperion there is no way to counter his power flood by normal champ. They should add something like if hyperion get hit during power flood not only his current power flood stop but also instantly drain 33% of his power.

    Yes also do that if everytime SM gets hit his evade ability get reduced by half, if voodoo get hit he loses all his LOA, if Thor gets hit he loses armor stack... Etc etc. Please define what `normal` champs means, is spider Gwen normal enough for you? Basically a high amount of mystic class nullifies. Please stop the nerf posts, you may have issues fighting him but I only count 3 ppls who consistently spamming the board and to majority of us we can beat him with basic understanding of his ability and some practices.

    You know what's OP btw? The ability to degen. Yes it's everywhere in act 5.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    For mordo use heavy to block break during power flood. U can stop any power flood on him with any champ.
    For hyperion there is no way to counter his power flood by normal champ. They should add something like if hyperion get hit during power flood not only his current power flood stop but also instantly drain 33% of his power.

    Yes also do that if everytime SM gets hit his evade ability get reduced by half, if voodoo get hit he loses all his LOA, if Thor gets hit he loses armor stack... Etc etc. Please define what `normal` champs means, is spider Gwen normal enough for you? Basically a high amount of mystic class nullifies. Please stop the nerf posts, you may have issues fighting him but I only count 3 ppls who consistently spamming the board and to majority of us we can beat him with basic understanding of his ability and some practices.

    You know what's OP btw? The ability to degen. Yes it's everywhere in act 5.

    Buddy. I did not say about nerf. I said about downside.
    And watch it....
    https://keep.line.me/s/5P1EuNlLORbwdya7NMv6li9VipJoa6sXmUwle-HBC7I
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited July 2017
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    For mordo use heavy to block break during power flood. U can stop any power flood on him with any champ.
    For hyperion there is no way to counter his power flood by normal champ. They should add something like if hyperion get hit during power flood not only his current power flood stop but also instantly drain 33% of his power.

    Yes also do that if everytime SM gets hit his evade ability get reduced by half, if voodoo get hit he loses all his LOA, if Thor gets hit he loses armor stack... Etc etc. Please define what `normal` champs means, is spider Gwen normal enough for you? Basically a high amount of mystic class nullifies. Please stop the nerf posts, you may have issues fighting him but I only count 3 ppls who consistently spamming the board and to majority of us we can beat him with basic understanding of his ability and some practices.

    You know what's OP btw? The ability to degen. Yes it's everywhere in act 5.

    Buddy. I did not say about nerf. I said about downside.
    And watch it....
    https://keep.line.me/s/5P1EuNlLORbwdya7NMv6li9VipJoa6sXmUwle-HBC7I

    Nice fight btw, too bad that sp2 didn't hit. Otherwise Hyperion is done already. That's kinda what I have been trying to convey... If Hyperion is too hard for some in AW, it may be because of the node effects. A suggestion for him to lose his ability AND power draining him sounds like a nerf post to me but if that's not your intention then my apologies. Nerf the nodes, not the champ. He is good, but not OP.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Just play Ghost Rider vs both of them if you have MD they won't kill you unless you get hit...
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited July 2017
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    They nerfed Scarlet and Strange, why not nerf them as well. If they decide not to nerf their power gain, they return Scarlet and Strange back to God Tier. You currently have champs so powerful now that were nobodies in the comics or where minor characters...ALWAYS (Nightcrawler for ex). Just because they are easy for some of you to fight, alot of others struggle or fail against these champs in AW. Most dont have duped 4/55 or can even get the right champs out of phc

    I am starting to think u have been playing a different game. The mystical combo of SW and Dr Strange got the mystical nerfs due to their regeneration and not power gain!!!
    @SomeoneElse you don't need "certain champs" to beat Mordo and Hyperion...
    I'm not the one who said that you need certain champions. I replied to someone who did. It is an all too common response to people's questions and complaints to say "just use champion X, Y, or Z." I could spend a year playing this game without getting those champions because the RNG happens to not work in my favor.
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Using the fact that every champion must be equal and be available as a counter to every champion is not a valid comeback just because champions are awarded randomly. The game will be very stale. Part of the reason why champions have such different abilities is to invoke strategy. If you don't have said champs, you either aren't ready or you need to find another strategy.

    I never once said that every champion must be equal and able to counter every other champion. But the game will become just as stale if everyone plays OP champions because they are so easy and no one plays the under-powered champions. Rebalancing champions is part of the job of a game developer, especially with a roster this large. Newer champions are frequently over-buffed because the attempt to make them cool and exciting goes overboard, and old champions become obsolete because they can't counter any of the newer abilities.
    PlasmaKing wrote: »
    Learn to play them, at first they can be annoying but you can take them down if you learn an stop moaning because it's not easy.
    PlasmaKing wrote: »
    There is a wide range of champs now which can take either of these champs on and win, these champs are also very useful against others so there is no specialising. I've been playing this game a very long time what I find frustrating is relative noobs, moaning a nerf calling when they haven't built a strong roster, knowledge or skill yet. If you're heavy 'parry' player these two will hurt you but if you can play less Parry their charging makes them vulnerable. Take the time learn and understand the game don't just expect to beat everything easily, otherwise it's not a challenging game it's dull.

    Dismissing people's complaints as being noobish or whiney is deliberately insulting and immature. In fact, if you have bothered to comprehend what I said, my opinion isn't even that far from your own. My complaints about Hyperion are due to the fact that his extreme power gain requires no skill and countering it is only partially based on skill. Your statement that we need to build a stronger roster or more skill becomes invalid when champions are awarded randomly and counters (in this case, baiting) doesn't always work.

    I have played against 5* Hyperions who go from less than 1 bar to 3 bars in a matter of seconds. There isn't time to counter that. I have played against 5* Hyperions who will be baited for the first part of a fight and then stop using their abilities until they hit level 3 no matter what I do. I checked the videos done by highly skilled players, and they confirm that baiting is not reliable. No amount of practice is going to help if baiting is at least partly based on a random chance.

    Nerfing does not have to mean a straight-up weakening. They can make power gain interruptible like stunning Ultron out of his heal. They can make power gain based on land a special or a combo. They can even make baiting a more difficult skill as long as they make it more reliable.

    I never asked for them to make it easy on me. What I am asking for is better balance and more reliability. If I need to learn a skill to beat certain champs, then I need to be able to rely on that skill to work when I execute properly. I should not have to pray to Ar-En-Gee the Great God of Randomness to smile down on me and make my skills trigger the right reaction.

    I tend to disagree with the second point. There are many of the very original champions that are still VERY VERY VERY
    desirable! I think some examples include SL, Storm, Hulk, Vision etc.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    @Dusky_Dawn Mordo is clunky to use, I only used him in the new challenge for the spider man in the new challenge and for 5.2.1 and 5.2.2 outside of that nothing interesting of him...
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Hyperion can be baited quite easy. Mordo problem is the AI always blocking like a coward, so the 3 minutes timer and the degen story quest is quite annoying, otherwise you can beat it, just slow.
Sign In or Register to comment.