**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"The Unstoppable" frustration... This is not the game for average players anymore...

Comments

• Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    Jemster519 wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is Kabam does not care about the ones playing but how much money they came make from them. Make no mistake, the increased difficulty is not to challenge us summoners but to make sure we can NOT live up to the challenge no matter how skilled you are. Next EQ nodes...Unblockable, unstoppable and Indestructible throughout the whole fight. LOL Stay tuned.

Ok so adapt and use sw nullify those nodes. Even that combination can be beat if you approach it with logic @Jemster519

Never got SW :( and cant nullify if it is a passive ability. Lol It was a joke. Lol but does outline the direction of the contest.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    The fact of the matter is Kabam does not care about the ones playing but how much money they came make from them. Make no mistake, the increased difficulty is not to challenge us summoners but to make sure we can NOT live up to the challenge no matter how skilled you are. Next EQ nodes...Unblockable, unstoppable and Indestructible throughout the whole fight. LOL Stay tuned.

Ok so adapt and use sw nullify those nodes. Even that combination can be beat if you approach it with logic @Jemster519

Never got SW :( and cant nullify if it is a passive ability. Lol It was a joke. Lol but does outline the direction of the contest.

Plus the thing in EQ is immune to the nullification. Soo unfortunately mystics who have nullify won’t work
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited January 2019
    I just finished UC thing 100% explored that level. I did it with 2 small revives and no potions, each time I had him below 10% health so I didn’t need to use health potions. I found it frustrating, but doable. With that said, I’m A-O-K with all of the complaints of it means it makes it easier for me next time or in the future, then keep on posting :)
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Then play Master mode. UC isn’t for you
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Plus the thing in EQ is immune to the nullification. Soo unfortunately mystics who have nullify won’t work

It was never stated that it was passive and that it was the thing. My point is they have yet to give us something that cant be countered. Also if not passive and you dont have sw try malphesto 😋
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    It's just another slap it on and forget about it cheap mechanic. Unavoidable damage, unblockable, unstoppable... eventually enough people will grow tired of it and they will move on to the next unbearable cheap mechanic to slap on everything,

At least not everything just has high health and 10-15k attack... oh wait.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    I can do one run. Usually at least do that. I will be watching that rock meter. 15...........
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    As in, the game I fired up last week allows you to acquire specific characters you want in order to attack tough/endgame content.

With the way MCoC is trending, I am being honest when I say I am seriously questioning the MCoC model. Just being honest

At the end of the day, game theory discussions tend not to be conclusive, even among actual game development professionals. A game is successful if it meets its operational goals, generally if it attracts a lot of players, if it generates sufficient revenue from those players, and if it can perpetuate itself over a long period of time. By any reasonable measure MCOC has been wildly successful. You can argue how much better it could be, but its hard to argue that any particular idea would with certainty make it more successful given how successful it currently is.

We vote with our time and (sometimes) our money. If you think another game is doing things better, the *only* way to support it is to play it, and spend money on it. No amount of forum debate is worth actual time and money. We players tell Kabam they are doing the right thing more loudly by the fact that we play it and pay for it than any amount of written feedback could ever convey.

I don’t disagree with what you wrote, but at the same time, this game doesn’t have to do some of the stuff it’s doing.

Take Elektra last month.

You had whichever Aspect that degenerates half-health but then gives it back, with Elektra’s No Loose Ends kicking in at 50 percent.

OK. Fine. We get it: Don’t get hit. Bottom line. Absolutely crushed if you do.

But was the heal block necessary, too?

See, I mention this fight because I beat it cleanly all six times. I am not saying the fight was impossible.

But was it designed fairly?

I question that, and that’s what I am getting at: There’s challenging and fun, and there’s cheap.

It’s not fun when it’s cheap. You do it, but it’s not fun

Same old comments first day of every month. People freak out like it’s fhe hardest thing ever. Then a week later it’s no big deal. Slow down and wait for the top guys to beat it and post solutions. Same thing every month. Hydra symbioid. Emma. Darkhawk. All complaints. All solo’d by almost everyone later that month.
  • book_er_tbook_er_t Posts: 29
    Same old comments first day of every month. People freak out like it’s fhe hardest thing ever. Then a week later it’s no big deal. Slow down and wait for the top guys to beat it and post solutions. Same thing every month. Hydra symbioid. Emma. Darkhawk. All complaints. All solo’d by almost everyone later that month.
    It’s nice what happens if you don’t have the champs they used then what? Wait another 4 years. You are right but it’s not fun always watching others beat content before you try. They also die lots of times before they upload their content anyway.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

It was never stated that it was passive and that it was the thing. My point is they have yet to give us something that cant be countered. Also if not passive and you dont have sw try malphesto 😋

There have been times when champs have been added with no counter at the time. Take Iceman for example. Sure counters eventually came like a year later, but there was still a large period of time he had no hard counter. Hard counter, not talking about risking a shrug off with AV or using Rogue/Groot to reduce the debuff time.
    book_er_t wrote: »
    It’s nice what happens if you don’t have the champs they used then what? Wait another 4 years. You are right but it’s not fun always watching others beat content before you try. They also die lots of times before they upload their content anyway.

If you don't have the same champs they used find champs with similar abilities or check other Youtubers and see if someone found another way to beat it.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

If you don't have the same champs they used find champs with similar abilities or check other Youtubers and see if someone found another way to beat it.

I have an honest question for you — I am serious. I honestly don’t know the answer.

How did people beat AEgon without Archangel? What other characters could be used?

I used Archangel five times and Symbiote Supreme once on a miracle kill, and I didn’t see another character who I thought could do it.

I am honestly curious

I have an honest question for you — I am serious. I honestly don’t know the answer.

How did people beat AEgon without Archangel? What other characters could be used?

I used Archangel five times and Symbiote Supreme once on a miracle kill, and I didn’t see another character who I thought could do it.

I am honestly curious

Malphesto yondu psylocke doc good all worked
    Doc voodoo and magik
    @ESF I think the only time you have needed a special champ has been the gold symbiote a few EQ ago that required Ronan or a ton of revives
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    @ESF I think the only time you have needed a special champ has been the gold symbiote a few EQ ago that required Ronan or a ton of revives

No he didnt I never used Ronan for him at all

Sorry it was the adaptoid not gold sym
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    I dont care what any of you say, there isn't much skill to this game. I am a fairly high rated player with a decent rooster, AA was game breaking for me, Hyperion was the same. Used to I would practice on the winter soilder, with either of those 2 champs it right around 100 hits. I could let one of my kids beat him with my roster. Cow doesn't have much skill but he can buy his way through any content. Nothing wrong with that, I just think its funny when people talk about skill. When this game takes the least amount of skill possible. If you have money or grind enough to get a good roster or get in the right alliance, you dont need any skill. Swipe back, block, attack all the skill you need, if you have the right champs. The worst thing about this player base is the haves telling the have nots how easy it is for them. It doesn't take skill with an iPhone, I could take my roster and beat LOL on an iPhone but I dislike that company that much I wouldnt have one. When the game used to work right for Android I beat ROL with 4 40 and 3 stars. It didn't take much skill, nothing about this game does, so stop with the talk about skilled. All you need is an iPhone and the right roster.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★

This comment talks about he solution without ever recognizing the problem.

The problem is no one knows what the heck the Devs are doing or what their intentions are.

Many of the “Top Guys” left this game some time ago.

Things the Devs can do:

Create a server some of the “Top Guys” to sandbox some of these nodes and mechanics.

Devs can make videos with little pop ups of what the node mechanics do as opposed to the convoluted language they use to describe what the heck is going on.

Create a practice mode

Just doing one of those would shut up the complainers but as of right now they do have some legit gripes.

For the people complaining about the complainers each month, well it’s not the same people complaining month after month but the same group of trolls show up day after day to say snarky things tho.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    As in, the game I fired up last week allows you to acquire specific characters you want in order to attack tough/endgame content.

With the way MCoC is trending, I am being honest when I say I am seriously questioning the MCoC model. Just being honest

At the end of the day, game theory discussions tend not to be conclusive, even among actual game development professionals. A game is successful if it meets its operational goals, generally if it attracts a lot of players, if it generates sufficient revenue from those players, and if it can perpetuate itself over a long period of time. By any reasonable measure MCOC has been wildly successful. You can argue how much better it could be, but its hard to argue that any particular idea would with certainty make it more successful given how successful it currently is.

We vote with our time and (sometimes) our money. If you think another game is doing things better, the *only* way to support it is to play it, and spend money on it. No amount of forum debate is worth actual time and money. We players tell Kabam they are doing the right thing more loudly by the fact that we play it and pay for it than any amount of written feedback could ever convey.

I don’t disagree with what you wrote, but at the same time, this game doesn’t have to do some of the stuff it’s doing.

Sure: I said the same thing literally one sentence after the section you quoted. But there's a fundamental difference between thinking the game is basically okay but with mistakes, and thinking the game is fundamentally mistaken but with a few things okay. For example, arguing that a crystal should have this champ instead of that champ is arguing a detail. Arguing that randomness is a plague upon the world of gaming is arguing the game is fundamentally wrong.

Arguing whether a particular encounter is more difficult than it should be is arguing a detail. Arguing that the game is trying to squeeze regular players into quitting or spending money on the game is something else entirely.
    Take Elektra last month.

You had whichever Aspect that degenerates half-health but then gives it back, with Elektra’s No Loose Ends kicking in at 50 percent.

OK. Fine. We get it: Don’t get hit. Bottom line. Absolutely crushed if you do.

But was the heal block necessary, too?

See, I mention this fight because I beat it cleanly all six times. I am not saying the fight was impossible.

But was it designed fairly?

I question that, and that’s what I am getting at: There’s challenging and fun, and there’s cheap.

It’s not fun when it’s cheap. You do it, but it’s not fun

This falls under the category of game design esoterica. I'm more than happy to have that discussion, but I don't think there's an appropriate place to have it on the MCOC forums. There's no "design corner watercooler" that some games have in their forums.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Im a tad tired of the overuse of nodes, unstoppable is just not fun when it can pop at anytime. I never minded it on Juggs or UC where you can plan for it. But when Im in the middle of a dash attack and they pop an unstoppable buff that isn't fun. Now the one I really hate is Unblockable, at no point should a champ in this game not have a counter. Unblockable comes down to intercepting, there is no way around it and when a champ keeps regaining health and stays that way its just not enjoyable.
  • Hard fact, this has all been said before. Again, and again to be honest. One thing I will agree with that I caught along the way in reading this thread, it's day freaking 1. It's new. It's different (and in some ways the same i.e.Unstoppable spam fest, lol). So take it slow and learn. Read. Discuss tactics and ways to beat it. I admit some of the recent EQs were a bit frustrating at times. This one was relatively easy in comparison. I went into the Diablo fight half cocked and figured out I made a mistake in who I brought. Oh well. I'll be taking another stab at him tomorrow with a fresh perspective. A couple Alliance mates (and players on this thread) mentioned Void is great for the fight. I happen to have him. Lucky me. Sometimes it really is a test of roster over anything else. Some are saying the Red Hulk fight was rough. That was the EASIEST for me. I have a 5* R4 Blade, lol. If you expect to roll through it all on day 1 without meeting any resistance, then perhaps this is the wrong game for you. I do agree that some of the mechanics are being overused (spamming gets tiresome). However, one thing I've learned in the 2 years I've been playing this.... there's always a way. Sometimes it takes longer to find than others is all. If it's frustrating you to the point it's losing its fun factor, take a break. Come back the next day after reading some tips and tricks. It certainly can't hurt to try.

You could also 1 shot that one with magik. All those buffs. Get to the SP3 and it was crazy damage and MD filled you right back up for another SP3. Did it with her first before the Ronan trick came out. And I think you referred to hydra symbioid.
  • Mars___ wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    We have had really easy EQ's recently. About time we have a harder one.

We are taking about average players like me here mate... not everyone is skilled at this game and some wants to play this game just for fun...

It is about time the average players learn that master difficulty is supposed to be hard. Watch Seatins video on fighting the thing. You get him to 15 rock shields and bait out his special because the special removes rock shields, and the 16th rock shield makes him unstoppable. A really easy fight IMO
This discussion has been closed.