**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gulk Face Me not working?

For Bane, I am 100% sure that Gulks face me is not working. Bane is passive degen and face me says that any passive damage activates Face Me. (Works for Starburst and Limbo since they are both passive...) Just wondering why it isn't working????

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Don’t works for bane
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Don’t works for bane

What he said, some Degen Nodes just don't give Hulk Rag Face Me because then it'd be too easy. Though some are understandable, I think there's a Node that gives you an Attack Boost but at the cost of Degen.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Don’t works for bane

What he said, some Degen Nodes just don't give Hulk Rag Face Me because then it'd be too easy. Though some are understandable, I think there's a Node that gives you an Attack Boost but at the cost of Degen.

Actually I think I'm thinking of the Node that Degens you but gives you Life Steal on hits.
  • What he said, some Degen Nodes just don't give Hulk Rag Face Me because then it'd be too easy. Though some are understandable, I think there's a Node that gives you an Attack Boost but at the cost of Degen.

But what I'm saying is that the description says passive. Yes, there are degens that don't work for Face Me like Omega Red, but those aren't passive degens. Starburst and Bane are both passive. Face Me activates for any PASSIVE debuff.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

But what I'm saying is that the description says passive. Yes, there are degens that don't work for Face Me like Omega Red, but those aren't passive degens. Starburst and Bane are both passive. Face Me activates for any PASSIVE debuff.

I don't think bane is passive.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I don't think bane is passive.

It might not be passive but it’s not like AV/CB/KP can shrug it off either.

And Starburst is the only degen node I know of where Gulk’s Face Me works. Flare, bane, degen, and life transfer do not trigger it.
  • Bane is 100% Passive. either that or the label is wrong. passive debuffs have the dark filled in with no boarder, all 1 circle, while non passive debuffs are light colored boarder
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Yao

In theory it should work...as Gulks abilities are stated it should...needs further clarification from Kabam.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Bane isn't passive. No champ has ever been able to bypass bane.
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

That's literally the definition of a passive debuffs. it can't be bypassed. Like Starburst can't be bypassed which makes it passive. Bane can't be bypassed
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Bane is not a debuff. Is a passive ability.
    In theory, it should work with Ghulk ability. But it was designed to not work due to how the node itself works, as well as other aspect's in the game like balance.
  • Bane is not a debuff. Is a passive ability.
    In theory, it should work with Ghulk ability. But it was designed to not work due to how the node itself works, as well as other aspect's in the game like balance.

Alright. I respect that... I think Kabam then needs to change the icon for Bane because it has the borderless circle which technically makes it passive. If they add a boarder to the icon, it doesn't become passive anymore and it wont be as confusing i guess. Guess it looks like a passive ability, so they need to change it to not look passive in my opinion then... thanks.
    Bane is not a debuff. Is a passive ability.

Alright. I respect that... I think Kabam then needs to change the icon for Bane because it has the borderless circle which technically makes it passive. If they add a boarder to the icon, it doesn't become passive anymore and it wont be as confusing i guess. Guess it looks like a passive ability, so they need to change it to not look passive in my opinion then... thanks.

If it looks active then people will complain that AV, KP, and CB can’t shrug it off. Most likely that was the “safest” way to release bane because back when it was released, no champion could interact with passive abilities/nodes. Then when they released Gulk, they had to find some way to balance him without breaking things. They probably determined with life transfer you can heal, so no reason to trigger Face Me, Flare you already get a sizeable attack bonus, and bane you can just practice and get the timing down for transferring the degen. Starburst you just literally lose more and more health, there’s no real “counter” to it so they probably figured Face Me could be the one counter to it. Really not sure why he doesn’t counter normal degen though. That one is a head scratcher.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

That's literally the definition of a passive debuffs. it can't be bypassed. Like Starburst can't be bypassed which makes it passive. Bane can't be bypassed

I understand what you are thinking. Bane is in a class of its own for the type of debuff it is. AAR, nullify, willpower, etc... Have zero effect on Bane so Gulks face me wont have an interaction with it either.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    I think that debating this is kinda pointless and a mod should really weigh in here.

@Kabam Miike, would you please elaborate.

Thanks!
  • Hey all,

Bane is not meant to interact with Face Me, and is not a Passive Debuff, as some have stated above. You're right that the Icon could be misconstrued, and I've raised that to the team for future consideration.
  • Thanks Mike
    Hey all,

Bane is not meant to interact with Face Me, and is not a Passive Debuff, as some have stated above. You're right that the Icon could be misconstrued, and I've raised that to the team for future consideration.

So it’s not passive and it’s not active as AV, KP, and CB can’t shrug them off. So what’s this new category of debuff?
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Hey all,

So it’s not passive and it’s not active as AV, KP, and CB can’t shrug them off. So what’s this new category of debuff?

Unstoppable?
  • How about unbreakable? For the new category name
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Bane is degeneration right?
    roberto94 wrote: »
    Bane is degeneration right?

Of sorts.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Consistently inconsistent. Gotta love it. Can this be the next big thing that you guys do? Corralling all these dangling inconsistencies so we all can know with certainty how things will interact when they come up?
    Hey all,

Consistently inconsistent. Gotta love it. Can this be the next big thing that you guys do? Corralling all these dangling inconsistencies so we all can know with certainty how things will interact when they come up?
    Hey all,

Bane has been in the game for quite awhile. Its never been able to be affected by any champion abilities. Willpower doesn't even work with it. How has it ever been inconsistent?
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    Hey all,

That's honestly the most bs answer I've ever seen.
    It's not passive, it's not active, but a whole NEW type of debuff??
    You're seriously the only video game that would make **** up like this.
    Rikurema wrote: »
    Hey all,

That's honestly the most bs answer I've ever seen.
    It's not passive, it's not active, but a whole NEW type of debuff??
    You're seriously the only video game that would make **** up like this.

Are you kidding me? Bane has been in the game for well over a year and you are just now taking issue with it?
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Can a mod comment on the uniqueness of this particular buff. If it’s not passive then the shrug champs should be able to kick it but that is not the case.