**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

War defense synergies

Any updates that the team wants to share or that someone can point me to about how things are going making war defense synergies a reality?

Comments

• John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    AndTav wrote: »
    I really enjoy using the synergies of Killmonger and Black Panther as well as those of Mephisto and Morningstar. They are helping a lot in the war defense of my alliance.

That’s funny
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Hopefully it won't be a thing anymore.
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    I didn’t know these were working. Is there an announcement somewhere about this?
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    They aren’t and probably never will
  • Jeramy6815Jeramy6815 Posts: 68
    Please don’t have synergies in war. This would destroy AW for good
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    They don't work. Hopefully they never will
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Kabam needs to overhaul the synergies in a large update. Give some synergies a tag that makes them unavailable for War Defence, similar to the “unique synergy” tag.

Huh? They all already have a tag for synergies in AW

#theydontwork
    #therearenosynergiesinaw
    #rtfm

• Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    If the synergies work it would make heimdall and hela a beast.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    They abandoned fixing it over a year ago and at this point I doubt they will ever fix it, they don't seem interested in making them work and won't do it with out notifying us someway of their effects.

Don't really care either way, and if they actived them it could cause some really frustrating fights with interesting things, like dorms one which revives a character had that trigger in the past against me.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Activating them would be a world... no, Battle-realm-class debacle, unless it's in AWW, Alliance Wild Wars, a separate mode with no relation to normal AW ranks, like how Hearthstone had Season and Wild mode. That way, I can avoid that dumpster fire unless it's for fun and does not lock champs.
    Kabam deactivated them not last December but the ones before that , regardless of what you think they designed them for, it's just they don't seem to want them activated which does not bother me at all and I stopped caring after they abandoned fixing them.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Unless there was a BIG announcement in the Synergy screen about whether a particular synergy worked for AW, people wouldn't pay attention then get upset at a synergy not working. Even then, people will still complain that a particular synergy isn't intended to work for AW. Seems like a lot of trouble they'd be inviting.
    edited January 2019
    @Darkstar4387 If you don’t care do us a favour and stop trying to stifle the discussion.

Lol because others and I don't care if they bring them back or not? That's not how conversations, arguments or debates work and I am not trying to stifle anything.

It doesn't change the fact is there has been no word on them since August and it doesn't change the they went down in December 2017.

It also doesn't change the fact they literally said they had a fix in place a few times but said that they decided to completely making them work, so right now none of them actually work on defense.

I don't think they ever will and they won't bring em back if there isn't some kind of way to warn us about them beforehand and I am not quite sure you know what you're asking for have you read some of them because they have some really crazy effects especially the unqiue ones.

Not sure exactly what more you want links ? I can give you plenty of them

@Beatlerao

Not in a long time, would not expect them to ever come back
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Here’s some words from Kabam saying they’re working on it dated November 2018.
    uoo6z0lxs8y0.png
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108994/alliance-war-defence-synergies
    There’s still hope. Don’t let it die.

There’s still hope that war can be made even more difficult and resource draining? And this is good for you how?
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    All my 5* maxed champs are synergy based so I know how scary they can get if AW defender synergy is turned on.. gotta be careful what you wish for....
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    Here’s some words from Kabam saying they’re working on it dated November 2018.
    uoo6z0lxs8y0.png
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/108994/alliance-war-defence-synergies
    There’s still hope. Don’t let it die.

There’s still hope that war can be made even more difficult and resource draining? And this is good for you how?

I don’t accept the terms you’re trying to paint me with; I look at defence synergies as a way to make Alliance War more strategic diverse, novel, and entertaining. I’ve already submit the fact that some synergies are way too powerful for War defence and those synergies would be tagged in order to prevent their use. I simply believe that most in game synergies like Friends, Rivals, Enemies, and Romance, would allow a more diverse cast of characters to take up a defensive role and thus bring more balance to the game as a whole. I also believe some synergies were specifically designed with defence in mind such as Taskmaster’s Termination Contract.
    tbwqkfo5dg2i.png
    I believe that, if handled correctly, this game would greatly benefit from having some defensive synergy active on defence.

So demonstrate to me how facing defensive synergies will not make war attack more difficult.
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    I can (I really can’t) just imagine a node 55 Medusa with blackbolt synergy