**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Killmonger true strike bug

j6vuccgc2d8l.jpg

Hi all
Has anyone heard came across a Killmonger true strike bug?
I have a 4star unawakened Killmonger with 3star duped Winter Soldier and 3star duped Void.
I'm using them in Alliance Quest Map 2.
Came across a Stark Spidey mini boss.
He fires his sp1 off 4 times during the fight with Killmonger and missed each time. I immediately attacked but true strike did not activate allowing me to be countered as his evade kicked in.
Needless to say I lost the fight which was annoying as I wouldn't have if my true strike nullified his evade like it should have done.
Any help would be appreciated.

I've checked forums and there doesn't seem to be anything too recent about it except a mesmerize node which doesn't apply in my example.

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    KM is working just fine, maybe your reaction timing was off.

The window is small for the counter in order to activate True Strike. It's not just any counter-attack after a missed Special attack.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Here's a link to a related bug report for Killmonger:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/96227/champion-bug-report-killmonger-fydg#latest

The short version: there are SOME champs that won't properly grant True Strike. Captain Marvel was my stated example, but others have mentioned a few more.

However, I don't think Stark Spidey is one of them. I've personally never had an issue with going in after is L1 to activate True Strike. Do you have a video of this?

I'd suggest adding a visible timer to KM every time the enemy throws a special. If you can hit them while the timer is active, true strike will be granted. This will give a much better indication on which champs are bugged and which champs just have small windows. Just a suggestion.
  • Anybody else noticed that km true strike isn't activating? I'm in act 5 and I've tried him many times and it just doesn't activate what happened here is this a bug or what?
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Anybody else noticed that km true strike isn't activating? I'm in act 5 and I've tried him many times and it just doesn't activate what happened here is this a bug or what?

I just used him in Act 5 against a Nightcrawler and had 0 issue with True Strike.
  • Chris_ThisChris_This Posts: 40
    This is one of the most frustrating aspects of KM. While his True Strike is an absolute game changer for certain AW fights (Medusa and Modok bosses), certain champs are almost impossible to attack in that invisible recovery window after their SP. Classic Spidey's sp1 for example. I can maybe get in there fast enough 25% of the time. Same with IWIM. Without a timer (which everything else in this game runs on) it really does seem arbitrary. Stark Spidey's Sp1 should be easy though. That might be something needing looking into or if you have recorded footage, post it.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    @Wolfman78mrb

You're timing it wrong. Wait for his little bounce in the air.

https://youtu.be/r2EX52TBJ-M
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Chris_This wrote: »
    This is one of the most frustrating aspects of KM. While his True Strike is an absolute game changer for certain AW fights (Medusa and Modok bosses), certain champs are almost impossible to attack in that invisible recovery window after their SP. Classic Spidey's sp1 for example. I can maybe get in there fast enough 25% of the time. Same with IWIM. Without a timer (which everything else in this game runs on) it really does seem arbitrary. Stark Spidey's Sp1 should be easy though. That might be something needing looking into or if you have recorded footage, post it.

Stark Spidey's L1 is no problem. I tried it again last night and got True Strike every time. I think what the OP is experiencing is just a user error, which is understandable as some windows are pretty narrow.

Classic Spidey has another easy one, but it requires a bit more effort. Under normal circumstances, I find I have 2 reliable options for evading Spidey's L1.

If I'm far away from him when he triggers L1: If you block the webs when you're far away from him, you'll be stuck in place and he'll slide in for the melee attacks, which inflicts a fair amount of block damage. Instead, you can practice some evades and actually dodge the webs. If you successfully dodge these, Spidey won't slide in, instead he'll just throw some punches on the other side of the arena. Time it right and you can dash in and attack him after his third punch to activate True Strike.

Fun Fact: back when willpower gave substantial healing, it was pretty common practice to throw heavies to create distance when Spidey had a bar of power. Dodging the webs would often inflict the normal debuffs (like Armor Break) without inflicting any damage. With willpower, this made Spidey a good champ to heal up against when fighting.

If I'm right up close when he triggers L1: This one is much easier to pull off. If you're close to Spidey when he throws an L1, hold block to block the webs. When the webs are done, use Dexterity to dash back and avoid the punches. The punches won't reach you and you won't absorb their block damage. This leaves you very close to Spidey, making it easy to counter the special and trigger True Strike.

I can't help you with IMIW. I can only get True Strike against him using the Winter Soldier synergy.