**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Managing the Spite Node

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
I hate the Spite node—principally, because it punishes a core mechanic of any fight (in game or real life): evasion. When coupled with high attack opponents and/or organic power gainers, it can be a massive pain. Power Managers clearly are a huge asset, as well as champs who throw up few buffs of their own.

Other than removing Dex, who’s your go-to for Spite nodes and why? Who’s best by class? How do you tend to play it?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Void can ignore that power gain, or even reverse it when dup.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Spark, control their power with Taunt and occasional Heavy, or CAIW, and just parry everything I can. Play it mostly normal, tbh, baiting as much as possible, shallow evading, etc. I just make sure I use someone with some form of power control, or if that isn't possible, someone without natural buffs.
    Tech: Spark
    Science: CAIW
    Mutant: Domino
    Mystic: Magik
    Cosmic: Another class
    Skill: Blade, probably.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I like void, CAIW, sparky, magik, and hawkeye. Psylocke isn't too bad either.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    To add to ones that have already been mentioned, Doc Ock is a great option for spite and any increased power gain since the power gain basically locks itself by triggering his physics breakthrough quickly
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    Tech: Sparky, Doc Oc (he is actually my absolute favorite against Spite cause it's so easy to power lock them)
    Mutant: Domino (parry Heavy, SP2 has taunt and she can make it fail)
    Cosmic: Really terrible option against spite, not sure there is a good one here
    Mystic: Dormamu, Magik
    Science: Luke, Void, Cap IW Duped
    Skill: Blade if they're villain or mystic, GP, KM SP2
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Spark, control their power with Taunt and occasional Heavy, or CAIW, and just parry everything I can. Play it mostly normal, tbh, baiting as much as possible, shallow evading, etc. I just make sure I use someone with some form of power control, or if that isn't possible, someone without natural buffs.
    Tech: Spark
    Science: CAIW
    Mutant: Domino
    Mystic: Magik
    Cosmic: Another class
    Skill: Blade, probably.

Cosmic forget that all of them buffs themselves lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Very helpful thus far. Pretty much my same list, with a few adds (Cage, for example), and in some content it’s clearly more challenging than others (AW, Variant 2, for example) without the right champs or with bad class limitations.

Thank you all.
    Dr. Zola
  • Ben345qBen345q Posts: 168
    duped Luke cage is my counter for any power gain. Exhaustion buff reduces 25% power gain. just play aggressively and if they get to sp3 he tanks it with indestructible.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Very helpful thus far. Pretty much my same list, with a few adds (Cage, for example), and in some content it’s clearly more challenging than others (AW, Variant 2, for example) without the right champs or with bad class limitations.

Thank you all.
    Dr. Zola

For AW on 44 ghost is great, and morningstar b/c you can kill them super quick
  • Vulture can be good against spite if u use his L2 they lose health when they gain power.