**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arenas difficulty change?

StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
I'm currently grinding in the 3* arenas. Its something I do every 2 weeks to get the latest 3* Champion to add to my collection and have noticed the matchups are very unusual. I'm on win streak 43 and I would say since I hit win streak 22 or 23 every single matchup i have had since have been flagged as "Hard". Something has obviously changed because I'm still using the same maxed out characters I normally use. The lowest PI of any of the characters i have used is 2.6K. I don't sandbag either. What is going on here? Has the algorithms for arenas matchups changed? I still have no issues getting through the matchups but the fights on average take longer than they normally would making grinding even less "fun" than before. Maybe its time for milestone rewards to get updated.

Comments

• WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    It has always shown hard, but fights aren't actually hard, I usually see the PI about 1k higher than mine, but never have issues, that's my point of view tho, from all arenas, after 22 they still show hard and sometimes medium. can't remember when the last time I lost my streak in areans.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    WATCHED wrote: »
    It has always shown hard, but fights aren't actually hard, I usually see the PI about 1k higher than mine, but never have issues, that's my point of view tho, from all arenas, after 22 they still show hard and sometimes medium. can't remember when the last time I lost my streak in areans.

ah thank you. maybe i'm on high alert for things wrong with the game right now lol
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Starhawk wrote: »
    WATCHED wrote: »

ah thank you. maybe i'm on high alert for things wrong with the game right now lol

Your not paranoid, they have made 3* harder. I have played so much 3* arenas that I have 3* version of every hero except venom the duck and diablo. Right now I'm going for havoc. Normally after I lose a fight and win 2, it gets easier for several fights as difficulty builds up again but not this time. In fact, I've never had so many back to back fights of enemies with scores of 2K or higher than now. So yeah kanan did make it harder. Still doable for me but I hope kabam just come out and say it.
  • smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    It's across the board, the rating is higher in all arenas but the comp is still the same. Great ego boost haha.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Same as always.
    I go for and get every 3*.
    I only ever rarely lose a match cus i am playing while watching tv and am disstracted
  • sickboy9sickboy9 Posts: 40
    You are right @Axo4545, it's been happening the same for me as well...
  • OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    Think you get the hard notice when other team running double suicides. I could be wrong, just seems to be the case. Find matchups not any harder tho
  • PoethellPoethell Posts: 124
    No it’s not the same. I’m doin Korg 4* same way I always do wit my maxed out 4* pi around 17-18k and its said “hard” since fight 21. I’m at match 50 now n it still says Hard. At this point it should say Thanos matches easy like it always has in past. You r actually correct. No I haven’t lost my streak but I don’t lik freaky Friday changes happening on me!
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Well 3* arena and 4* basic arena will never go any harder than it's right now. You can still use 3 4* r3 in the basic arena 3 3* r4 in 3* arena without having to matchup with a crazy team.

It's the 4*F and 5*F arena that will keep changing based on how many 5* R5 and 6* R2 are available in the game.