**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Might be seriously time to re-evaluste playing mcoc.
    This shows poor thought and little to no care about the playerbase in any regard.
    edited February 2019
    *****Accidental double post*****
    edited February 2019
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Correction: because match making occurs between 11:00 and 15:00 Pacific, an attack phase could start anywhere from 7:00 to 11:00 Pacific (four hours earlier, because defense placement is 20 hours long). For me, that's 5am to 9am. That's essentially almost the worst case scenario for me personally, so the nightmare scenario I mentioned earlier is no longer theoretical. Most likely, most wars will start and end when I'm asleep. This means the current system now effectively removes me from being useful for anything but early path running.

I'm not sure my feedback beyond the obvious would be constructive at the present time.

Aussies, NZ and similar..... timezones +12 - +8 are gunna be really affected badly

For
    Me will be 3am-7am.
    When dst is reversed will be 1am-5am
  • Yea this system is gonna be a disaster for sure. Way to unpredictable for wars and when they're starting and ending. And not everyone can hover over the game those 5 or so hours when the wars "could" end. You all made it sound as if everyone started and ended the wars at the exact same time. Please go back to the old system I would rather go up against a way harder alliance and have control over when my wars started and ended than this mess. Good try but need to go back to the drawing board. No system is perfect but anything will be better than this.
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    edited February 2019
    Please make all 4h later. This is all to early
  • (admittedly copied from my separate post on this issue)

Did it not occur to Kabam in designing this system that you would be moving the start time of wars forward (earlier) in the day by an average of at least four hours?? The earliest offense could begin in the old system (and therefore, critically, end) was 2 pm EST. This is now the latest possible start time for war. For any alliance that looked for matches at more like 4 or 5 EST (which was peak matchmaking time, if I understand correctly), their offensive phases will be moved up by an average of four or five hours, more if it's a serious war alliance, since this system matches top alliances first. We always matched on the earlier side, but this is still a good five-hour shift away from our normal. And you're saying this is the way it will always be? People may have to quit over this.

Again, I fully understand the need for a new, updated system of matchmaking, but please, would the development team please consider moving the whole system back four hours, such that matchmaking begins at 3pm PST? This way offensive phases will start and end in between 2 and 6 EST, as most of them did under the old system. Alliances are built around this schedule and I see no downside for Kabam in this change, which is really less of a change. Please take this feedback seriously. I have a lot of friends in master alliances who are thinking the same thing.

@Kabam Lyra
    MaatMan wrote: »
    Correction: because match making occurs between 11:00 and 15:00 Pacific, an attack phase could start anywhere from 7:00 to 11:00 Pacific (four hours earlier, because defense placement is 20 hours long). For me, that's 5am to 9am. That's essentially almost the worst case scenario for me personally, so the nightmare scenario I mentioned earlier is no longer theoretical. Most likely, most wars will start and end when I'm asleep. This means the current system now effectively removes me from being useful for anything but early path running.

I'm not sure my feedback beyond the obvious would be constructive at the present time.

Aussies, NZ and similar..... timezones +12 - +8 are gunna be really affected badly

For
    Me will be 3am-7am.
    When dst is reversed will be 1am-5am

Two of our three battlegroups have members basically in Italy. The third is geographically dispersed about as widely as you can be without having people sign in from Pluto. Our biggest enemy in Alliance War just became the Kabam developers. They have done more to make it harder for us to fight in alliance war than our war opponents.

Agree totally.

All
    My bgs are spread across america, asia, australia, africa, euope, england, we are very doverse as i have posted before and this is very very very very very very very bad.

Tempted to tell my members we will not be participating in season 8 wars
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Just stop with AW seasons. If the cheating is going to cause this much strain on the community it's not worth it. Put t5b in the win rewards and let people run when they want to.

Tht would be the best thing . This game and this company cannot run a competitive mode properly
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    Btw...this new system still does massive miss match of wars. Master matched against platnium2 ally.

Also, based on what the new details of match making...there is a way to more easily manipulate match making.

Kabam, you need to match alliances to others in same tier. No way a master or platnium alliance would not run a full 3 bg every war
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Y'all need to consult with actual players more when making decisions that massively impact the gaming experience like this.

I agree, though the last time Kabam did this someone leaked all the information
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The only way they can proceed with these fluctuating times is to remove the linked nodes. I run 7/6 and trying to do the middle links is going to be a nightmare if the times gonna be different every day.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    The only way they can proceed with these fluctuating times is to remove the linked nodes. I run 7/6 and trying to do the middle links is going to be a nightmare if the times gonna be different every day.
    Exactly. You never know when you're going to start war. Each day would be different and trying to coordinate middle during such times is a pain.

I don't understand whether Kabam reads what they type before posting. ALL wars start at the SAME time. Pretty simple to understand right? Well not for them. Managed to **** that up too
  • The only way they can proceed with these fluctuating times is to remove the linked nodes. I run 7/6 and trying to do the middle links is going to be a nightmare if the times gonna be different every day.

Removing every single link except the ones from the minibosses to the boss would help tremendously, since now every player on any schedule could complete their path unimpeded and even take out a miniboss if that's on their assignment. It wouldn't solve *all* of the problems (there are tiny catches involving who's awaken when at the end for the boss fight, for example), but it would resolve the most important ones related to map completion.

I'm not holding my breath because this:
    We appreciate the feedback and will be monitoring Alliance activity in the case that adjustments need to be made in the future.

says it is not broken until it breaks.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019

Removing every single link except the ones from the minibosses to the boss would help tremendously, since now every player on any schedule could complete their path unimpeded and even take out a miniboss if that's on their assignment. It wouldn't solve *all* of the problems (there are tiny catches involving who's awaken when at the end for the boss fight, for example), but it would resolve the most important ones related to map completion.

We appreciate the feedback and will be monitoring Alliance activity in the case that adjustments need to be made in the future.

I really don't think they thought how this would truly affect the player base. IMO, they were so lazer focused on solving the issues with top allys fixing the matchmaking system that they didn't think of the consequences of their new system. We'll prolly have to eat the poop sandwich for season 8 before any hope of changes to come.

My war tomorrow is going to start about 5 hours earlier then we usually start. That's a full bar of energy. If everyone can move at the start we'll be fine but I'm envisioning being stuck on node 30 with a full bar of energy at like 6pm and not getting unlinked until the next morning like 10 hours later.
  • Nicoluc24Nicoluc24 Posts: 34
    Why not do this ‘enlistment’period in 4 or 6 hours blocks. So this is more convenient for alliances from all over the world. You can still do blocks of matchmaking to make it more fair. But by doing this every 4 to 6hrs will be fair to your world wide summoners
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nicoluc24 wrote: »
    Why not do this ‘enlistment’period in 4 or 6 hours blocks. So this is more convenient for alliances from all over the world. You can still do blocks of matchmaking to make it more fair. But by doing this every 4 to 6hrs will be fair to your world wide summoners

Because the top would make sure they never played each other just as they were doing before. Making war worse for every alliance in the game isn't a good solution though.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019

I really don't think they thought how this would truly affect the player base. IMO, they were so lazer focused on solving the issues with top allys fixing the matchmaking system that they didn't think of the consequences of their new system. We'll prolly have to eat the poop sandwich for season 8 before any hope of changes to come.

My war tomorrow is going to start about 5 hours earlier then we usually start. That's a full bar of energy. If everyone can move at the start we'll be fine but I'm envisioning being stuck on node 30 with a full bar of energy at like 6pm and not getting unlinked until the next morning like 10 hours later.

Funny thing is that we still have matchups with +84 war rating. And the same for us. 5 hours earlier than usual. With half people in Asian timezones and the other in US, it makes such a big difference because the ability to have Asians up before bed and US before work to make a run towards the boss is over. And with linked nodes in the middle, you're going to be sitting with full energy for a long time like you said.
    At least start this war search 4 hours later then. If you're enlisting anyways, need not be awake for starting war. Then the fluctuation are at least close to the old period which people used to search in. Will definitely still be hard since war starts at a different time every day, but might make this more bearable