**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• TOTALLY AGREE WITH MRod, above!
    Ah nevah post here but this War enlistment and time start SUX!

Infinity Army= TIWL,TIWG,TIWDS,TIW!, TIWD, TIWP, TIWZ,N2LO, 72716, IER99
  • That crucial final Push at the end is "KABAMMED!!!*
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    So I stopped at node 30 yesterday afternoon at 3:15pm and didn't get unlinked until I woke up at 7:15. Nothing like waiting on a linked node for 16 hours!! Man I love those linked nodes in AW!
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    @Kabam Miike from a leader/officer point of view, you need to help alliances organisation while the new system is just a mess that starts at random time.

We need to have a relatively short timeframe we know the match will be started. Not 5 hours earlier or later!
    SOLUTION: Please consider pairing alliance that started the enlistment at the same time +/- 30 mins.
    Even if the matching happens earlier, you should start defenders placements at the same time the Enlistment phase was started, to allow us some sort of control.

Especially with international alliances, planning the right time to start an AW is crucial and cannot be limited to 10am-2pm!!! Otherwise you'll see a radical drop in AW participation.

Thanks for taking these inputs into consideration.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    So I stopped at node 30 yesterday afternoon at 3:15pm and didn't get unlinked until I woke up at 7:15. Nothing like waiting on a linked node for 16 hours!! Man I love those linked nodes in AW!

And then how did node 35 and node 37 timing work out unlinkin path 4?
    This is my exact fear from this system
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    I absolutely do not see the reason why you decided to change the AW start time that players have literally adapted to after years of playing. You going to change AQ start time now by 4 hours just to mess with everyone?
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    With AQ, you need links to go down within a reasonable amount of time (couple hours in the beginning, middle, and end of the 24 hour period).

With AW, you need to coordinate 2-5 people using heavy amount of boosts in a 30-45 min window. This isn’t possible given the random 4-hour start/end time window and people’s real life schedule.

If you wanted to give people incentive to cheat, this matchmaking system is a good push 😂
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    According to the image the war starts at 11am and ends4 at 11am, the problem is it seems to be doing so in EST not PST. Now I am an EST player so it does not bother me much, but most of my alliance is not, and everything else is in pst so I am not sure I understand the reasoning on this.
  • Jcallum1982Jcallum1982 Posts: 15
    This has really affected our alliance we have spent a year getting members coordinated around peoples work schedules and always start wars the same time so everyone is available for attack today for the 1st time in months we won't be able to finish the BG because half of our overseas members are still sleeping. This has made the last 24 hours extremely stressful half the alliance are talking about not competing in war. Please see if we can at least be able to set the start of our attack phase. This is just a mess.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    If we see this system stick, we’ll see an increase in shell alliances and other alliances that have larger rosters facing smaller alliances because they’ve fallen back because they aren’t able to stay competitive with the time strain. Ironic don’t you think.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    MaatMan wrote: »

And then how did node 35 and node 37 timing work out unlinkin path 4?
    This is my exact fear from this system

"Disaster" is the only way to describe running the middle links.
  • Yohanbark420Yohanbark420 Posts: 92
    Thnx to the new war format half of my alliance is working and can not return to finish war. So this is the topic and poll of the day in my ally. b3f4hvrspjfu.jpg changes need to be made .. this system is going to force ally to find new players.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Found another bug. Our multiplier says 3.4 in tier 5. Our opponents are also in tier 5 so it's not an issue of a tier 5 matched up against a tier 6. I know this has no impact right now but you should look into that.
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    I don't get this? You still have the same 24 hour window to complete attack phase, while the timing may either be off at the start or the end you still have a full day to attack, move and people still need to sleep, work etc within that.

I get how it's annoying, don't get me wrong, especially if the new start time may line up with everyone being asleep depending where you live but then you get up and have 16 hours straight of awake/attack time.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Are there only four members in your alliance? If so, I'd definitely vote "no" too and spring for the find new players option.
  • No way!
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Well, at least next war matchmaking phase starts in 3:15 for us. Hopefully that puts things closer to the right time as announced earlier.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Someone really needs to create a sarcasm font. "Some people" can't decipher sarcasm without it.
  • Jraik22Jraik22 Posts: 6
    I completely understand the frustration. A lot of my alliance is US based and it working at start time and end time, plus we have to sleep and we have RL to deal with also. But let's not just complain, let's offer solutions.

The solution I have seen the most often, that I believe would work is set up the wars to where you get to select a start time. The 2 alliances matched may even select 2 different start times in which case you compromise right in the middle of those 2 times.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    No matter the time format someone will be working, someone will be sleeping and someone will be able to play. That is the effect of a global game.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    Well, at least next war matchmaking phase starts in 3:15 for us. Hopefully that puts things closer to the right time as announced earlier.

Its the same time as the last war so, I doubt it. Unless you got matched early then and you get matched late this time. RNG now affecting AWA start times. Will your luck hold for a preferred starting time?
  • Jraik22Jraik22 Posts: 6
    Yes, that is true, but when 90% of the alliance is US based it just makes it very hard to get on and finish wars, when they started 4 hours earlier then we would normally start. Maybe this isnt the best solution, but it's at least a start.

And I'm not talking from a top level alliance point of view. We only finished in Gold 2 last season.
    Lormif wrote: »
    No matter the time format someone will be working, someone will be sleeping and someone will be able to play. That is the effect of a global game.

• Gridironking92Gridironking92 Posts: 7
    edited February 2019
    I've put a lot thought into this new war matching process. It feels like there was an opportunity missed here to coordinate start times based off of an already preexisting feature in the game that the community is used to.
    Alliance quest starts at 3 pm EST every week. The day always changes but the time is always the same the first day of every alliance quest cycle.
    Why then do I currently have an alliance war that just ended at 1030 am EST? I feel like standardizing the start time to 3 pm EST or 11am PST would not have been that difficult of a thing to accomplish and in reality would make this whole timing disaster that seems to have happen for a lot of people go away.
    We are already used to the AQ cycle please make this change kabaam.
    And on top of that I think it may be time to think about eliminating what at this point seems to be an unnecessary locking of champs that are in AQ. With the increasing difficulty in content and more content it's time to stop locking champs that are in AQ out of AW and regular questing.
    Let's #makemcocgreater
  • Just finished our first war, and it was as bad as expected. The guy who killed the boss hadn't left his bed yet and half the BG was completely unreachable because they were at work and it was too early for a lunch break. We finished, but again, this new system is so much worse to navigate. I don't even care if you keep everything else the same, just please move the whole thing back four hours so it feels more normal for everyone. I promise you 80% of the timing complaints would vanish overnight. The ones about uneven matchups might stay, but that's on y'all to work on and is apparently harder.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited February 2019
    I don't think they can do a legitimate fixed start time due to the floating nature of matchmaking. Unless War goes into a state of Limbo until it officially kicks off. So for example, you get matched 2 hours into Matchmaking's 4 hour window. Either there, OR after the 20 hour placement phase comes 2 hours of nada. Launching everyone's matchmaking alerts at the same time could setup a fixed start time too. But as is, it's impossible. Perhaps making a system where your start time is pre-designated at the beginning of each Season could help, but Collusion would eventually occur with such. So that's out the window clean and clear. The only logical solution is to shift the time table a few hours so we're back closer to our old schedule. As it stands, this is too damn early. No question about that. Shut it down Kabam. Shut it down before players stop playing. Or not....
  • So this new matchmaking system is causing some problems. We have players from United States, Europe, and India. How are we supposed to manage our time zones with this new system?

We used to manage it by starting matchmaking at around 2pm pst. This gave ample time to sleep and still have time during AW attack. Now we lost our first war because I was asleep and didn't take down a mini boss node.

How do we fix this kabam?
  • KaptainKaptain Posts: 48
    edited February 2019
    We didn't complain about these changes before hand. We wanted to at least give it the benefit of the doubt and try it first....so, yeah, it was as bad or maybe even worse than what we expected. There is no possible way for us to start and end in this timeframe. AW will not be a priority for our alliance while we cannot choose our start time.

Sorry Kabam, you will have to find another way for us to spend resources (or money) in the game because we will no longer be wasting units in alliance wars.