**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If Batman was a Marvel character would he be a Tech or Skill champion?

If Batman was a Marvel character would he be a Tech or Skill champion? 101 votes

Tech Champion
31% 32 votes
Skill Champion
68% 69 votes

Comments

• Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Batman has always been about exploiting his enemies weaknesses. Even without the batsuit, he can still beat someone's **** by just using his knowledge and his martial arts skills. So he would definitely be skill.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Would fit more IMO

Edit: Anonymous poll.. I picked skill haha
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I think that'd depend on which version of a couple of those. Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle, definitely cosmic. Ted Kord? Skill or Tech. Black Canary, could be skill, could be science or mutant since sometimes she has the Canary Cry, sometimes doesn't. There's versions of Parasite where it's an alien in a human host, so Cosmic too.

Black Lightning - science
    Thunder and Lightning - mutant
    Metallo - tech
    Reactron - tech
    Ragman - mystic
    Atom (comics) - cosmic
    Atom (TV) - tech

I think that'd depend on which version of a couple of those. Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle, definitely cosmic. Ted Kord? Skill or Tech. Black Canary, could be skill, could be science or mutant since sometimes she has the Canary Cry, sometimes doesn't. There's versions of Parasite where it's an alien in a human host, so Cosmic too.

Metallo - tech
    Reactron - tech
    Ragman - mystic
    Atom (comics) - cosmic
    Atom (TV) - tech

For Blue Beetle, I was aiming for Jamie Reyes. For Parasite, I was aiming for Rudy Jones, the one from the Animated Series who was dumped in radioactive waste. And Black Canary was a bit skeptical, but I decided to let it focus in her fighting abilities more instead, but it could still be science or mutant; it's not based on my word.

Can't believe I forgot Black Lightning and Ragman.
  • Same class as Martha
    Fun fact: Stan Lee's favorite DC character is Lobo.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Might as well do some of the other DC characters:

Cosmic:
    •Superman
    •Supergirl
    •Krypto the Superdog :3
    •Martian Manhunter
    •All of the Lanterns
    •Starfire
    •Darkseid
    •Blue Beetle
    •Starro
    •Lobo
    •Doomsday
    •General Zod
    •Hawkgirl
    •Hawkman
    •Mongol
    •Despero

Mystic
    •Wonder Woman
    •Cheetah
    •Circe
    •Ares
    •Dr. Fate
    •Zatana
    •John Constantine
    •Swamp Thing
    •Deadman
    •Enchantress
    •Doctor Destiny
    •Nightmare Nurse
    •Black Orchid
    •Etrigan the Demon
    •Shazam (Captain Marvel)
    •Black Adam
    •Ra's al gul
    •Raven
    •Trigon
    •Eclipso
    •Solomon Grundy
    •Vixen

Science
    •Joker
    •The Flash
    •Reverse-Flash
    •Zoom
    •All of those Flashes, ok?
    •Bane
    •Poison Ivy
    •Clayface
    •Scarecrow
    •Superboy
    •Bizarro
    •Vandal Savage (?)
    •Beast Boy
    •Firestorm
    •Captain Atom
    •Atom
    •Killer Frost
    •Parasite
    •Live-Wire
    •Man-Bat
    •Gorilla Grodd

Skill:
    •Green Arrow
    •Harely Quinn
    •Deathstroke
    •Deadshot
    •Batgirl
    •Catwoman
    •Robin (Tim Drake)
    •Nightwing
    •Red Hood
    •Damien Wayne
    •Black Canary
    •Katana
    •Shiva
    •Huntress
    •The Question
    •Two-Face

Mutant
    •Killer Croc
    •King Shark
    •Aquaman
    •Ocean Master

Tech
    •Lex Luthor
    •Cyborg
    •Brainiac
    •Robotman
    •Cyborg Superman
    •Mr. Freeze
    •Captain Cold
    •Penguin
    •Booster Gold
    •Black Manta
    •Grid
    •Metallo
    •Riddler
    •Killer Moth
    •Amazo
    •Kite Man (Hell yeah)

Universal:
    Dr. Manhattan

That's all I could think of at the top of my head (plus 2 edits). If anyone would want to add to the list, then by all means, add. :)

Metahumans are basically DC's mutants. So Flash et al to Mutant class.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Metallo - tech
    Reactron - tech
    Ragman - mystic
    Atom (comics) - cosmic
    Atom (TV) - tech

For Blue Beetle, I was aiming for Jamie Reyes. For Parasite, I was aiming for Rudy Jones, the one from the Animated Series who was dumped in radioactive waste. And Black Canary was a bit skeptical, but I decided to let it focus in her fighting abilities more instead, but it could still be science or mutant; it's not based on my word.

And Steppenwolf
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Cosmic:
    •Superman
    •Supergirl
    •Martian Manhunter
    •All of the Lanterns
    •Starfire
    •Darkseid
    •Blue Beetle
    •Starro
    •Lobo
    •Doomsday
    •General Zod
    •Hawkgirl
    •Hawkman
    •Mongol
    •Despero

Mystic
    •Wonder Woman
    •Cheetah
    •Circe
    •Ares
    •Dr. Fate
    •Zatana
    •John Constantine
    •Swamp Thing
    •Deadman
    •Enchantress
    •Doctor Destiny
    •Nightmare Nurse
    •Black Orchid
    •Etrigan the Demon
    •Shazam (Captain Marvel)
    •Black Adam
    •Ra's al gul
    •Raven
    •Trigon
    •Eclipso
    •Solomon Grundy
    •Vixen

Science
    •Joker
    •The Flash
    •Reverse-Flash
    •Zoom
    •Bane
    •Poison Ivy
    •Clayface
    •Scarecrow
    •Superboy
    •Bizarro
    •Vandal Savage (?)
    •Beast Boy
    •Firestorm
    •Captain Atom
    •Atom
    •Killer Frost
    •Parasite
    •Live-Wire
    •Man-Bat
    •Gorilla Grodd

Skill:
    •Green Arrow
    •Harely Quinn
    •Deathstroke
    •Deadshot
    •Batgirl
    •Catwoman
    •Robin (Tim Drake)
    •Nightwing
    •Red Hood
    •Damien Wayne
    •Black Canary
    •Katana
    •Shiva
    •Huntress
    •The Question
    •Two-Face

Mutant
    •Killer Croc
    •King Shark
    •Aquaman
    •Ocean Master

Tech
    •Lex Luthor
    •Cyborg
    •Brainiac
    •Robotman
    •Cyborg Superman
    •Mr. Freeze
    •Captain Cold
    •Penguin
    •Booster Gold
    •Black Manta
    •Grid
    •Metallo
    •Riddler
    •Killer Moth
    •Amazo
    •Kite Man (Hell yeah)

Universal:
    Dr. Manhattan

That's all I could think of at the top of my head (plus 2 edits). If anyone would want to add to the list, then by all means, add. :)
    Few corrections:
    Blue Beetle - Tech. This is devetable but it is a sort of suit that he gets
    The Flash I think would be cosmic but it’s highly debatable with him
    Captain atom - Cosmic. Look up his origin and where what his power source is.
    Vandal Savage is cosmic and so is Ra’s al ghul because they both got their powers from The same rock from space, however vandals was more pure and thus he gained more knowledge and strength from it.
    Joker should be skill
    Dr Manhattan is science because his experiment or whatever it was made him the way he is. Although the may be powerful there are stronger than him in the DCU which would be in universal such as the prescense
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Same as Night Thrasher . His bio is just like batman
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

Yeah, dc copied night thrasher with batman. I mean, bats thrash at night, hence, batman. That’s just lazy imitation imo.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    would have to be tech.
    i mean he is all about the gadgets.
    batman is nothing without all his "BAT-toys"
    bat this, bat that, bat everything
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    axelelf_1 wrote: »

Yeah, dc copied night thrasher with batman. I mean, bats thrash at night, hence, batman. That’s just lazy imitation imo.

You’re joking right ?

Metallo - tech
    Reactron - tech
    Ragman - mystic
    Atom (comics) - cosmic
    Atom (TV) - tech

And Steppenwolf

Thought about him, then I remembered how much of an awful choice he was as the Justice League movie villain. If you like him, that's fine, which is good that you're able to find enjoyment out of a villain like him.
    Tiger360 wrote: »

Cosmic:
    •Superman
    •Supergirl
    •Martian Manhunter
    •All of the Lanterns
    •Starfire
    •Darkseid
    •Blue Beetle
    •Starro
    •Lobo
    •Doomsday
    •General Zod
    •Hawkgirl
    •Hawkman
    •Mongol
    •Despero

Mystic
    •Wonder Woman
    •Cheetah
    •Circe
    •Ares
    •Dr. Fate
    •Zatana
    •John Constantine
    •Swamp Thing
    •Deadman
    •Enchantress
    •Doctor Destiny
    •Nightmare Nurse
    •Black Orchid
    •Etrigan the Demon
    •Shazam (Captain Marvel)
    •Black Adam
    •Ra's al gul
    •Raven
    •Trigon
    •Eclipso
    •Solomon Grundy
    •Vixen

Science
    •Joker
    •The Flash
    •Reverse-Flash
    •Zoom
    •Bane
    •Poison Ivy
    •Clayface
    •Scarecrow
    •Superboy
    •Bizarro
    •Vandal Savage (?)
    •Beast Boy
    •Firestorm
    •Captain Atom
    •Atom
    •Killer Frost
    •Parasite
    •Live-Wire
    •Man-Bat
    •Gorilla Grodd

Skill:
    •Green Arrow
    •Harely Quinn
    •Deathstroke
    •Deadshot
    •Batgirl
    •Catwoman
    •Robin (Tim Drake)
    •Nightwing
    •Red Hood
    •Damien Wayne
    •Black Canary
    •Katana
    •Shiva
    •Huntress
    •The Question
    •Two-Face

Mutant
    •Killer Croc
    •King Shark
    •Aquaman
    •Ocean Master

Tech
    •Lex Luthor
    •Cyborg
    •Brainiac
    •Robotman
    •Cyborg Superman
    •Mr. Freeze
    •Captain Cold
    •Penguin
    •Booster Gold
    •Black Manta
    •Grid
    •Metallo
    •Riddler
    •Killer Moth
    •Amazo
    •Kite Man (Hell yeah)

Universal:
    Dr. Manhattan

Few corrections:
    Blue Beetle - Tech. This is devetable but it is a sort of suit that he gets
    The Flash I think would be cosmic but it’s highly debatable with him
    Captain atom - Cosmic. Look up his origin and where what his power source is.
    Vandal Savage is cosmic and so is Ra’s al ghul because they both got their powers from The same rock from space, however vandals was more pure and thus he gained more knowledge and strength from it.
    Joker should be skill
    Dr Manhattan is science because his experiment or whatever it was made him the way he is. Although he may be powerful there are stronger than him in the DCU which would be in universal such as the prescense

•I still believe that Blue Beetle should be cosmic, since the whole suit is alien in origin and kind of acts like a symbiote. But tech class is a very close second option.
    •For Flash, I'll just stick to getting struck by lightning and getting hit by chemicals. Even though that lightning bolt was made out of his dead atoms from the future. Man, the speed force is trippy...
    •You're right Captain Atom would be cosmic. The whole experiment revolved around alien metal. Tbh, I never knew too much about Captain Atom, I just knew him from Justice League Unlimited
    Vandal Savage was the most difficult for me since the meteorite changed his genetic structure, making me think the change of genes was science. But obviously as you pointed out, it was mainly the meteorite that was the important fact.
    •For Ra's Al Ghul, I accidentally used the origin in which it was stated that the Lazarus Pit was created by Trigon, but that was only in a cartoon. Never knew about the real origin, but it makes a lot of sense.
    •I debated on whether Joker should be Skill or Science, but ultimately went with science. The main reason why is because Joker's main weapon is his laughing gas, which are made with his scientific knowledge of chemicals. Also the fact that Joker's face, lips, and hair were bleached in chemicals was a little bonus as well.
    •While Dr. Manhattan does have a Science origin, he's too OP for everyone else, lol. One little thought and the whole cast would be dead. I think it's unfair to even include him, lol.
    •Yes, the Prescense would definitely be Universal, considering that people call him DC's One-Above-All.

Thank you for pointing out some of the flaws that I made and for making some other class change recommendations.
  • FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    Mutant
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    Wild Dog - skill
    Gangbuster - Skill
    Wildcat - skill
    Judomaster - skill
    Jade - Mutant
    Obsidian - mutant
    Mr Terrific - tech or skill
    Mon-El (most of the LSH) - Cosmic
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    He’s skilled in tech
  • I don't know about Joker being science. Hm. I agree with the others, but I'm more on the end of Joker being skill based as I wouldn't really count ACE being the reason he is who he is. Prior to it, he'd been the Red Hood (in some instances)-- otherwise, he's extremely talented in hand to hand combat. Unless you're leaning more towards his Laughing Gas which I understand for the reasoning then, but I still think I'd put him down in Skill.

But that's my two cent addition to this.
    edited February 2019
    I don't know about Joker being science. Hm. I agree with the others, but I'm more on the end of Joker being skill based as I wouldn't really count ACE being the reason he is who he is. Prior to it, he'd been the Red Hood (in some instances)-- otherwise, he's extremely talented in hand to hand combat. Unless you're leaning more towards his Laughing Gas which I understand for the reasoning then, but I still think I'd put him down in Skill.

True, ACE Chemicals isn't the reason why Joker is Joker. He simply went mad. Now that I think about it more it would make more sensense that he's Skill since he's skilled with multiple weapons such as crowbars, knives, pies, and that the whole point of their "relationship" is that they're evenly matched, and one can't be without the other. So it make sense for Joker to be in the same class as Batman. Thanks
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    I don't know about Joker being science. Hm. I agree with the others, but I'm more on the end of Joker being skill based as I wouldn't really count ACE being the reason he is who he is. Prior to it, he'd been the Red Hood (in some instances)-- otherwise, he's extremely talented in hand to hand combat. Unless you're leaning more towards his Laughing Gas which I understand for the reasoning then, but I still think I'd put him down in Skill.

Warning the fallowing has nothing to do with this thread and is just to exercise my knowledge of Batman. Enjoy.
    Okay so Joker was made to join the red hood gang or they would hurt his family, one day he was told that he would need to come when the gang robbed ACE and he dressed up as Red Hood he then was told that his family had been killed. While they were robbing the cemical factory Batman came and beat them up most of the gang goons were lucky and only had a few broken bones, but the soon to be Joker fell into a vat of chemicals that bleached his skin and dyed his hair green. He had had so much go wrong that day that he snapped and became a maniac. So he might be like Karnak or UC where he’s skill but also needs science cats to rank him up. (Hoo that was long)