**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    where to start????

While I look forward to the challenge I am saddened by the fact you are not increasing summoner levels. I've been level 60 for over 3 years. I need more storage capacity, more energy and well honestly more would love more mastery points too.

Personally I feel stale and drained from the same old same old, and now to complete "some of the hardest content" I can't use champs I've ranked, while this isn't 12.0 you are nerfing it to a point

as a loyal paying customer please reconsider increasing summoner levels with act 6... I hope this isn't the breaking point for me... but at first glance it maybe
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    No 4*!?!?!?

I can't even believe they've locked end game content and rewards by requiring an endgame roster. Shocking, Shocking I say.

I seriously don't understand this community and I never will.
  • StvDamitStvDamit Posts: 55
    IKON said:

No 4*!?!?!?

I can't even believe they've locked end game content and rewards by requiring an endgame roster. Shocking, Shocking I say.

It would be "END GAME" if it was the final ever story quest. On the contrary it's the beggining of a chapter that no one is saying will be the last. Your comment is invalid.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    IKON said:

No 4*!?!?!?

It’s more about synergies for the community. I have 75 5stars, 9 6stars, yet only have some of the best synergies with my 4 stars. So I hate to think that my my roster isn’t end game material. If it wasn’t based on crystal rng then I’d say fine I bought the the wrong items or ranked the wrong people. But the truth is we don’t have control over what the crystals give us.
    Y
    StvDamit said:

IKON said:

No 4*!?!?!?

It would be "END GAME" if it was the final ever story quest. On the contrary it's the beggining of a chapter that no one is saying will be the last. Your comment is invalid.
    ...it is the current end game content. As in, the newest most difficult content and only place you can get t5cc. It makes sense there's a soft lock.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I would like to see the expansion on the limits of rank up resources with the launch of Act 6. Our inventories are based on 4* and 5* (R4). Act 6 provides resources for R3 6*.

IKON said:

No 4*!?!?!?

It’s more about synergies for the community. I have 75 5stars, 9 6stars, yet only have some of the best synergies with my 4 stars. So I hate to think that my my roster isn’t end game material. If it wasn’t based on crystal rng then I’d say fine I bought the the wrong items or ranked the wrong people. But the truth is we don’t have control over what the crystals give us.
    I'll give you that, lacking a 5* Heimdall is going to suck. I personally think you won't be waiting long for a 5* basic arena, and one clear to access the cavalier crystal could be a big help.
  • KeluoKeluo Posts: 4
    Kabam,

You should really consider lifting the ban on champion requirements from the main story content. This is cool in side quests where we are forced to think outside the box, but makes little sense to restrict main story progression. We can only select 5 champions in a quest and if we choose to fill a few of these slots with 4*, 3*, 2*, or 1* is part of the decision strategy that makes this game great.

I am sure Kabam thought for reasons to make these restrictions, but it seems the only summoners unaffected are those that are able to afford unlimited gmcs or have insane luck. Maybe you are trying to give preference to those that have been playing the game the longest, but I have been playing this game for a long time and there are many champions I don’t have, even if my Falcon is at level 100. This problem only worsens as the number of champions keeps increasing and the removal of the original feature 5* xtal. The synergies that empower champions are still there, but only those with $tack up roster$ can use them...

I don’t think there should be any restrictions in the main story progression, but If you want to somehow honor it, the only restriction that would actually make sense is not allowing 6* in Act 5, 5* or above in Act 4, etc...

You should really reconsider and avoid crippling skill base progression...
  • HC_BossHC_Boss Posts: 34
    IKON said:

No 4*!?!?!?

Not everyone who completes content will get the end game champions required to complete all the god tier beyond god tier evaded me if you will happily complete act 6 with a duped 5* groot and a 6* lady Thor I’ll agree with you until then your a clueless fool
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    There are currently 128 3* champions available in crystals and 126 4*.

There are 112 5* Champions and only 70 6*.
    These crystals also take 10k shards to open...

What about 4* heroes being brought in as part of a team, but they can't actually be used or fight?
    It allows for synergies, but you still limit content to 5/6* characters because the 4* can't actively participate. Even worse, they're passive team members, so they take up a spot. Is using a synergy really worth essentially eliminating a spot on your roster?

Or what about lowering the shard costs for 5* hero crystals, especially if 4* are now utterly irrelevant?

Hey everybody,

We're seeing your concerns, and desire for more clarification on the Champion Requirements. We're going to write something up to clearly present our intentions with these requirements and their purpose. We don't want to create any more confusion, so we're going to take our time with this. We'll have something to give you insight into our intentions tomorrow.

That's great, but in all fairness? This should have been announced ages ago. You should have had clarifications, explanations and expectations set when the beta first went live. Beta testers should have known and been able to express that champions under 5* were going to be unable to be used.

You all keep talking about being more transparent and making an active effort - and you have made great strides. But something like this? It just destroys any good will you've been creating, or at least sets it back. Stop being reactive. Be proactive. Why wasn't this discussed when Act 6 first came up? Why wasn't the community told "Hey guys, this is what we're thinking and this is why.."

Cynical people will say that it's because you wanted players to keep investing in their 4* heroes, which wasn't before but now that they're irrelevant is a complete waste of resources.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    StvDamit said:

IKON said:

No 4*!?!?!?

as i said endgame is a common gaming term refering to the eand as it currently is.

besides Kabam have said that act 6 is the end of this story arc.
    so yeah act 6 is the end of story mode as we know it
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Why isn't anyone talking about them introducing slashed tires all over again?
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    5*/6* champion requirements is a **** move of the highest order. I was prepared to get through Act 6 using 3* champs at any cost. Guess I'll just buy a house instead.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    With this restriction you have devalued 98% of your crystals. will we see the GMC reworked to only drop 5&6* champs since 4* champs will no longer have a place in the contest. Will you be updating the champs in the 5 and 6* crystals to contain all the previously unavailable champs so synergy can still be utilized. You have also drastically reduced the interest in arena since only 5* and up champs can be utilized in act 6 which is the only new content some of us have left. Yes we still have monthly eq but what is the point in keeping Lower rarity champs just for that and why haven't the rewards increased in uncollected eq to match the new restrictions in act 6. If the direction of the game is to completely devalue lower * champs then the rewards to attain them and rank them should only be available in lower tier content. If this is the direction you had planned for act 6 the community should have been notified since this is a game not only based on rng but also on resource management and those resources used for rankings champs for synergies are now lost and useless. also being the game is rng based many are still forced to use lower * champs to counter damage from things like coldsnap and incinerate or abilities like limbo. Your act 6 restrictions are a slap in the face for those who have invested resources in preparation of act 6
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

Something I have recently thought of: They did have a Beta test for Act 6.1, right? None of the Beta testers complained about the champion restriction? Did they only choose the big whales to test 6.1 so that they would not receive any complaints about that or did they ignore the Beta testers?

The Beta testers were absolutely under an NDA. We don't know whether or not they bitched.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Dshu said:

With this restriction you have devalued 98% of your crystals. will we see the GMC reworked to only drop 5&6* champs since 4* champs will no longer have a place in the contest. Will you be updating the champs in the 5 and 6* crystals to contain all the previously unavailable champs so synergy can still be utilized. You have also drastically reduced the interest in arena since only 5* and up champs can be utilized in act 6 which is the only new content some of us have left. Yes we still have monthly eq but what is the point in keeping Lower rarity champs just for that and why haven't the rewards increased in uncollected eq to match the new restrictions in act 6. If the direction of the game is to completely devalue lower * champs then the rewards to attain them and rank them should only be available in lower tier content. If this is the direction you had planned for act 6 the community should have been notified since this is a game not only based on rng but also on resource management and those resources used for rankings champs for synergies are now lost and useless. also being the game is rng based many are still forced to use lower * champs to counter damage from things like coldsnap and incinerate or abilities like limbo. Your act 6 restrictions are a slap in the face for those who have invested resources in preparation of act 6

Can you show how you came up with 98%?
    You guys realize that 4* are still useable in 99% of content?
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    one area I will never see for a long time