**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

R4 4* ghost or R25* Dormammu

I have been playing about a year and haven't completed any major challanges like Lol, Rol, Road to Labyrinth. Suggestions on who to best rank for that and when to try to complete any of the challenges mentioned above? I also just completed act 4

R4 4* ghost or R25* Dormammu 34 votes

Rank 4 4* ghost
38%
Alpha07AanthoCutless_XPrimetime_769FhfjghhggggjfhfjgKelvinKageRaveNNArham1DeltronsDonkillaRazeStrikeFreeToPlay_21Rouger4 13 votes
Rank 2 5* Dormammu
61%
MegaSkater67CrkwestSIlverProfessorunknownTJ82AceLuffySaboRoOOtsDanny_BahamutPeterQuillhiddenblizzardBruinsfan8510PrylankAleorKnightNvrEndingJayCeeJChanceH9Beyond00_McyeetyLordGenesis 21 votes

Comments

• hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Rank 2 5* Dormammu
    Whatever it is, rank up only 5*s now. 4*s are useless nowadays
  • Cutless_XCutless_X Posts: 53
    Rank 4 4* ghost
    Go with the ghost. Even though you cant bring her into act 6, she'll help you in EQs and other special events
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Rank 2 5* Dormammu
    Dormammu is one of my favourites, have a 5/65 5* who I’m always been using. Full of utility and one of the best power controllers you can get. He will certainly come in handy for you if you can get the hang of him. Here’s something I put together a little while back if you’re a bit unfamiliar with him:

Dormammu:
    A very useful utility champ, great for your own use as well as defence should you dupe him. His power control is one of the strongest in the game, arguably the best in some ways but a few champions can claim that title depending on preference.

His medium combo ender does not generate power for the opponent. Instead, it drains power and gives you 30 dark energy. When you gain dark energy, a placed soul bond is charged by an equal amount, so that will gain 30 too. Both of these need to reach 100 for their full potential. To master dorm, you need to get good at becoming imbued as it makes each of his specials more powerful.

You can place a soul bond by using heavy attack. This is passive and will deal direct damage when you detonate it. Charge it to 100 for maximum damage.

Sp1: With mystic dispersion this can be a very useful attack. If you are not imbued, you can nullify one buff from the opponent and gain 50 dark energy/charge your soul bond by 50. If you are imbued, you can nullify EVERY buff the opponent has. If it’s 2 or more, you will instantly be imbued, have a fully charged soul bond immediately after and potentially have a sp3 ready or sp2 from mystic dispersion. Ideal for medusa who needs fury to autoblock, champs like venom, Groot etc. If it’s a buff, he’ll remove it regardless of how many there are.

Sp2: combined with your medium attack power drain this special can completely shut down your opponent’s power. If you are not imbued you will place a guaranteed power lock without draining power (you can however, chain into this attack from your medium for a small drain before the lock).

If you are imbued, each of your projectiles (3 total) will drain 20% of your opponent’s power bar for a 60% reduction. The best way to use this is to chain from a medium attack. You will get the imbued effects of your medium (direct damage as well as power drain) AND still get the power drain from your sp2. You should be imbued immediately after and have a fully charged soul bond if you’d placed one before using it.

Sp3: if you are not imbued you will gain a dimensional link giving you a constant flow of dark energy. Essentially you’ll be imbued almost all of the time and your soul bond will just automatically charge with it.

If imbued you get an empowered dimensional link. Exactly the same as the above, but this will allow you to regenerate 25% of the damage done by a soul bond detonation instantly. So fully charge your soul bond, use an imbued sp3, then detonate the bond with a heavy attack to heal and deal a big chunk of damage. If done correctly, you can place another bond, charge it and heal again before the duration expires.

One last thing with dark energy/soul bonds. Each of these will charge when the opponent uses a special attack. If they lose power for any reason, both of them will increase.

All of dormammu’s attacks are energy. This makes him a perfect counter to korg but weak against ultron. All of the above can be done without his signature, that just allows him to apply passive degeneration when the opponent loses buffs.

Perfect counter to all of the following and many more:
    Hyperion
    Magik
    Korg
    Medusa
    Mordo
    Anything where power gain is a problem, spite, all or nothing, kinetic reactor, power gain etc.
  • ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★
    Thank you for thanking your time to tell me this, @MegaSkater67 ,much obliged!
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Rank 4 4* ghost
    You may have ranked one of them, but I'll share my thoughts.

For the people that say 4* are becoming useless, that isn't true for someone who has barely completed Act 4. They can still use 4*s on the content they play. Until they've got to the point they have done everything except Act 6, 4*s are still useful

now, You should rank up Ghost ONLY IF you know how to use her or/and have her synergies (at the very least Wasp) at a decent rank.

Ghost when used correctly can completely tank sp3s, be immune to negative status effects such as Ice-Man coldsnap, other Bleed and poison effects, etc and most importantly she can do some massive amounts of damage and can gain good amount of power by letting the opponent hitting you 2 to 4 times when on phase. She can also demolish some hard opponents like IMIW or Medusas. she is arguably the best tech champ in the game with Sparky.

Dormammu can also do a lot like poster above you said, he hits kinda soft but can still get the job done. probably the most reliable power drain that exists. Also he can regen (kinda hard to do but helps) and nullify opponents' buffs.

I think this depends on your needs right now but I would be leaning towards Ghost tbh.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Ghost is much better but 5 stars are more long term