**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can you relate?

I'll try to keep this short as I debated back and forth about even posting this, but ultimately decided to because I'm sure someone can relate.

I started playing MCOC about a month after it was launched. It did not take long for me to fall in love with this game. Coincidentally several months after playing the game I love, I fell in love in real life. We were so inseparable, she started playing the game and we eventually started an alliance together. Since alliances were new, and not nearly as competitive as they are today, we just played with friends and family, mostly for fun. It was a good relationship, playing the game, gifting items, Marvel movie date nights, etc. It was perfect, so perfect we moved in together and were working toward a long future together

Fast forward 4 years - the relationship is over. I'll skip over the details, but ultimately the game did not help the relationship. The constant pressure of AQ/AW/Dungeons/competition and the marathon grind sessions, really hurt. I dove deeper in the game while she stepped back. This naturally put a strain on our relationship, but it was not the cause of our separation. There are other areas in which we drifted apart.
As much as this game did some damage, or rather us allowing the game to do damage, it did a lot of good too. The relationship ended January of this year. These last few months, I have dove even deeper in the contest. It really has helped me. This is the first time I have grinded out the featured 5* arena. Is it 100% healthy? Probably not, but winning new champs like Havoc and Captain Marvel has helped. My new alliance has also been very good for me.

What I am trying to say, is thank you Kabam for this wonderful game. At time it frustrates the hell out of me, but it has helped me learn and grow, and has taught me about life balance.

TL:DR played MCOC, got a girlfriend, lost girlfriend, still playing MCOC, gained insight, boring post.

Comments

• Options
    jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    To answer the first question: no
    But that story is very sad, I'm sorry for you and hope you find another gal.
    Best wishes
    Jojodeth 101
  • Options
    Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Dude same thing happened with me except we’re still together and she just doesn’t play no more just gotta take the day off but her some flowers or some **** , take her out and bam 💥 no stress, but the trouble is I moved in with her and now she uses it like a weapon trying to kick me out at every opportunity or if I disagree with something she wants or says the manipulation is truly astonishing to the point I just don’t care now and just dive into the game to get some peace as it’s the only time she doesn’t bother me, but in hind sight when I think of it is it really worth the hassle she’s beautiful like very beautiful but if your ugly on the inside then it just cancels that out **** needs a attitude transplant so I doubt it was the game it was probably just a lightening rod for her start some **** , I’m looking for a out myself sorting a place out then I’m gonna flash the f outta there it’s not healthy that every time she’s rants in my head the smallville opening credits song plays in my head so guys lose there marbles and smack there missuss about but I dont believe in that sort of thing so I find my self putting up with it until I have sorted other options out, really made me think about my own relationship so thanks pal and chin up your free there are no strings on you bud. Pop a bottle have some of your friends round pop the footy on and chill the hard parts over maybe not get into another one for a while enjoy the single life bcoz I’ve yet to meet a sane women in all honesty first year or two it’s fine then the crazy sets in. Wish me luck friend I’ll see you on the other side
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    This forum needs more stories like this. Its ok to be human and it helps talking about your life.

We all go thru #### and you are not alone. The woman I am seeing does not understand why I play this game so much, so I definitely have learned balance and well honestly I play a lot in the bathroom...queue the jokes!

Keep your chin up, enjoy the game, and when the time is right, love will strike again!