New wave of bans.

2

Comments

  • Over 25,000 units spent and a 4* 5/50 SL. Attack Power synergies. Antman/YJ & Red Magneto/Cyclops.
  • With occasional 4* 5/50 Gwenpool.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Over 25,000 units spent and a 4* 5/50 SL. Attack Power synergies. Antman/YJ & Red Magneto/Cyclops.

    Try again... Not possible.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 1,135 ★★★
    How did u fit in gwenpool and attack team is no point for a 4 star 5/50
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER! DID NOT CHEAT OR DO ANYTHING WRONG TO DESERVE THIS. I HAVE BEEN A WHALE FOR THIS GAME FOR OVER A YEAR. I GRINDED DAY IN AND DAY OUT. I HAVE BEEN WRONGFULLY BANNED. THIS HAS TO BE RESOLVED. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS.

    So you hired a Merc?
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Not saying this guy didn't cheat, but I've heard of some stories on reddit where people used a 4* 5/50 SL to beat LOL. Heck I've heard Seatin use a 4* 5/50 GP for the Electro path.
    From the responses above, I'm assuming a 4* only works in the easy path so one needs a 4/55 5* to fully complete LOL?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 1,135 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Is possible with all 4 star 5/50 but on some fight u can do 180 150 or 200 so it would take forever to complete and 25k units seems like a 4/55 sl and other champ costings a 5/50 would at least cost 50-60k units since of the enrage timer
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Addyos wrote: »
    Not saying this guy didn't cheat, but I've heard of some stories on reddit where people used a 4* 5/50 to beat LOL.
    From the responses above, I'm assuming a 4* only works in the easy path so one needs a 4/55 5* to fully complete LOL?

    Spending 5K units plus, the EASY path can be done with a 5/50 SL, but no amount of units will take a 5/50 4 star SL through 100%. Nope.

    At least not that I've seen.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    OK thanks for the clarification. Just wanna know the basis on which I can be justified in bringing out my pitchfork lol.
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    Not saying this guy didn't cheat, but I've heard of some stories on reddit where people used a 4* 5/50 to beat LOL.
    From the responses above, I'm assuming a 4* only works in the easy path so one needs a 4/55 5* to fully complete LOL?

    Spending 5K units plus, the EASY path can be done with a 5/50 SL, but no amount of units will take a 5/50 4 star SL through 100%. Nope.

    At least not that I've seen.

    Anything is possible in this game with enough money.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Rbvojtik wrote: »
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    Not saying this guy didn't cheat, but I've heard of some stories on reddit where people used a 4* 5/50 to beat LOL.
    From the responses above, I'm assuming a 4* only works in the easy path so one needs a 4/55 5* to fully complete LOL?

    Spending 5K units plus, the EASY path can be done with a 5/50 SL, but no amount of units will take a 5/50 4 star SL through 100%. Nope.

    At least not that I've seen.

    Anything is possible in this game with enough money.

    He quoted 25K units on his 100% LOL run... To do that with his roster it would be more like $25K USD, not units.
  • @Vdh2008 you must be one terrible player.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 1,135 ★★★
    U must be lying I've seen people do one run with a 5/50 and costed 10k units at least so 25k is way out of budget
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    @Vdh2008 you must be one terrible player.

    Better to be a "terrible" legit player than a "good" cheater.

    I've completed all content in the game except LOL, and never had to spend 25K units or dollars to do it.
  • Hey all,

    This is not a bug. Bans are only done in the utmost of confidence, and are on purpose. As for anybody that is in this thread, we don't discuss bans or actions taken on individual accounts in the forums.

    If you'd like to contest a ban or action, please contact our Support team. More information can be found here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/13/help-ive-been-banned-what-do-i-do-now
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 438 ★★★
    Thanks, for dropping in @Kabam Miike in the past you've guys have done a release explaining the mass bans. Should we expect to hear something today.
  • THX_135THX_135 Posts: 5
    @PeterPan1991 , if you every had anyone log onto your account or you have logged onto your account with a device that has mods on it your account will be banned.

    You may not have cheated, but someone who has access to your account may have been running mods. Its hard to know what people have on their mobile devices.

    There was a merc that was banned since he ran mods or had ran mods and every account he merced for has since been banned too.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Thanks @Kabam Miike. Just wanna say good job on removing the cheaters from the game. Hoping all these permanent bans will deter more people from cheating.
  • SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 1,837 ★★★★
    I'm a a whale and won't even try lol I'm so not,ready for it. Why? Because I didn't cheat.

    Get it. It's their for people that played many years. Not for cheaters who played little
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,900 ★★★★
    @Vdh2008 you must be one terrible player.

    A while ago I did the math and looked at some of the best players that 100% and found averages and calculated an estimated lowest possible cost to 100% LOL with 5/50 starlord with a few other champs for encounters like electro and with 25k units it is impossible to do LOL 100%. With 5/50 starlord if every fight you did just under 1 million health and you could do this to all bosses including fights like electro and abomination it would take 10,400 units if you play perfectly and die 0 times expect for 3rd enrage deaths. Taking in encounters that require deaths and are impossible to play perfectly with any champion ie juggernaut, x-23,abomination, guillotine,etc and seeing and reading about how other top players play against them with 5/50 champions taking in deaths and damage reduction compared to 5* starlord and the damage output for the top damage poison and bleed immune champion (iceman) and amount of times you die with guillotine it would take at minimum an additional 12,000 units to finish these fights so around 21000 total so far. That leaves you with 4k units or 100 revives to deal with mistakes and other BS in Labyrinth. Maestro with starlord leads to massive bs with unstoppable, powergain and regen so say you take off an average 400k per run which is being more than generous looking at 5* starlord gameplay is 52.2 or 52 revives. Venompool looking at how often he procs regen and if you quit the fight which with a 4* starlord is the most efficient option is an additional 15 revives. Agent venom with he throws an sp.1 at a wrong time you incinerate to death so again being generous 5 extra revives. Spiderman with the evade bug currently at best is an additional 15 revives. Magik with gwenpool will take an addition 3 revives per run since she lacks the damage output of starlord is 6 more revives. Rhino will take 15 more revives at least with the increased physical resistance. Already that is more than the 25K budget you say you did it with so yes mathimatically even if you are the best player in the world it is impossible with 4* 5/50 characters to 100% LOL with 25k units
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    They were temp banned pending investigations, I assume. Guys that they didn't have obvious evidence for so they had to dig into the logs, etc.

    You have absolutely no clue what your talking about.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 11,718 Guardian
    Invisible wrote: »
    Well then instead of 7 days or a month ban. kabam should have said banned till farther investigation.

    I don't think that is a good idea. For one thing, Kabam does not disclose the results of investigations, not even to the player being investigated. So if they told a player they were temp banned pending further investigation they could be pending investigation forever. There's no reason to keep a player in suspense like that. If the investigation turns up no further need for action, the player's temp ban stands and they don't need to know there was further action. If the investigation turns up a need to apply a permanent ban, there's no specific reason why Kabam needs to be worried about making that player angry about the second ban: they are permanently banned anyway.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 855 ★★★
    OG ULTRON SAYS I MAGICALLY AND DRASTICALLY IMPROVED MY GAMEPLAY TO SUDDENLY CLEAR LOL THE COLLECTOR AND WEB-SLINGER
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    Not saying this guy didn't cheat, but I've heard of some stories on reddit where people used a 4* 5/50 to beat LOL.
    From the responses above, I'm assuming a 4* only works in the easy path so one needs a 4/55 5* to fully complete LOL?

    Spending 5K units plus, the EASY path can be done with a 5/50 SL, but no amount of units will take a 5/50 4 star SL through 100%. Nope.

    At least not that I've seen.

    Lol, I have fully completed LOL with a 4* SL 5/50, he can get you through almost every fight except a few, I only spent roughly 30,000 units.. it highly depends on your skill and how much units you have. For the remaining fights, you need the right champions as well as SL cannot get you through Electro, Spidey, X23, jugg, magik without heavy item use.
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    edited August 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Well then instead of 7 days or a month ban. kabam should have said banned till farther investigation.

    I don't think that is a good idea. For one thing, Kabam does not disclose the results of investigations, not even to the player being investigated. So if they told a player they were temp banned pending further investigation they could be pending investigation forever. There's no reason to keep a player in suspense like that. If the investigation turns up no further need for action, the player's temp ban stands and they don't need to know there was further action. If the investigation turns up a need to apply a permanent ban, there's no specific reason why Kabam needs to be worried about making that player angry about the second ban: they are permanently banned anyway.


    It is all business. Just before the permanent ban kabam put out shards deal and lol some just got of 7 days banned bought that deal thinking their punishment is over. And then next day bammm permanently banned. Also some alliance are suffering including mine.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    I don't get it, guys who have spent thousands of dollars on this game getting a permanent ban with this new update, and nothing back. I think it is a bit extreme. I know guys who WERE NOT using mods or cheating in anyway with great skills and thousands of in game hours lose their accounts. It's too extreme. The loss of revenue from these big spenders will hurt everyone. There should be a temp ban as a warning if cheating is suspected, but loosing thousands of dollars that have gone to support the free players. There needs to be some other way.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    I especially find it unacceptable as last summer guys received 720 hour bans, now first time offenders are getting permanent bans and most are honest players who have not knowingly cheated. Show some consistency !
  • Endo915Endo915 Posts: 40
    edited August 2017
    I was banned for logging into my gfs Account, sure I will admit I logged in to help her because I am a better player, but I have never downloaded any mod or hack and I've been playing for two years as a loyal customer and they're just willing to kick me to the curb?? With just an assumption? Because they don't have to provide any evidence of cheating. Wow lost alot of respect for Kabam.. Even if I did get my account back I will never play this game again. I suggest everyone that got banned for no reason give a one star review for the game and let other people know, what they are doing to loyal customers!
  • Some accounts are being banned for company error!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,724 ★★★★★
    Invisible wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Well then instead of 7 days or a month ban. kabam should have said banned till farther investigation.

    I don't think that is a good idea. For one thing, Kabam does not disclose the results of investigations, not even to the player being investigated. So if they told a player they were temp banned pending further investigation they could be pending investigation forever. There's no reason to keep a player in suspense like that. If the investigation turns up no further need for action, the player's temp ban stands and they don't need to know there was further action. If the investigation turns up a need to apply a permanent ban, there's no specific reason why Kabam needs to be worried about making that player angry about the second ban: they are permanently banned anyway.


    It is all business. Just before the permanent ban kabam put out shards deal and lol some just got of 7 days banned bought that deal thinking their punishment is over. And then next day bammm permanently banned. Also some alliance are suffering including mine.

    Bans have nothing to do with making money off people. That makes absolutely no sense at all. They happen when rules are broken.
Sign In or Register to comment.