**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who to rank (skill)

I'm having a hard time deciding on who to take tobrank 5 (4*)

aqc5xgcm5k2z.png

I use BW For war (attacking). I don't think she needs to be rank 5...I mean, I don't think her damage will be increased by much. After 12.0, seems like she isn't as strong anymore.

Ability
41- AV
99- BW
42- cDD
99- HE 4*
40- elektra
48- WS
21- punisher

I'm open to taking my karnak to rank 5 (currently at rank 1) . Otherwise I'll wait for the day I get Gwenpool :)

Comments

• wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Bw hands down. Karnak isn't all that really. Daredevil is also good, that evade is clutch.
  • StefffStefff Posts: 121
    I would say AV 1st, BW second. Agent Venom has bleed, (partial) debuff immunity, and evade reduction, but Black WIdow is more of a 1-trick pony with her ability accuracy reduction. Still great, just not as versatile.If you can max sig Classic DD he's amazing too.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    @Stefff , @wSWeaponX

Thanks. I'm also leaning towards 5* HE. They are the future after all. As for AV...I already have crossbones at 50/50. They're very similar
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I would definitely say 5* Hawkeye. While his sig is nice to have and adds a little extra damage over a long period, that L1 is still fantastic without it. I still don't have Hawkeye or Drax as a 5* and I wish I did.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    I have HE 5* truped. Idk I'm just not a fan, but good luck, I hear good things about him
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I also vote for 5 star HE, with special consideration to Elektra. But it might depend on your needs. For instance, which path do you take in AW? DD and BW would be great if you're taking the path with thorns and/or unblockable specials. Elektra is great, but if you take the paths with debuff immunity then she's basically useless. But she's excellent virtually everywhere else and is also a great counter to Mordo if you run map 5.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    No one bro save your cats
    @ everyone- Thanks for the advice

I'm stuck between @thanks4playing and @CapWW2

If I had a 4* GP, would that be a automatic winner?

Also, I don't take the thorns/unblockable route in AW
  • GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    If I had a Duped Daredevil I'd rank him up.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    OGDD is a pretty important piece for war and not on the list of champs being released to 5*, I'm in a t1 war alliance and nobody is disappointed in him. Have recommended him to lower level friends and they have all been happy with the return.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    OGDD is a pretty important piece for war and not on the list of champs being released to 5*, I'm in a t1 war alliance and nobody is disappointed in him. Have recommended him to lower level friends and they have all been happy with the return.

This is insightful.

And yes, if you had GP, then it's a no brainer.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Hawkeye is great for aw
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Honestly with how easy is to get 4 stars now and arena i would not rank any of those.

Bw is useless now. Just good for synergies and shards.
    Elektra is the new BW now. She can counter mordo astral evade. Pretty decent.

HE has sick power drain but a 4/40 resolves utility business. AV is ok at 4/40 for your level.

If you really want to rank someone the decision is between Elektra and DD. If you are a sick fighter with mad skills you dont need DD. So Elektra is your choice !
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Honestly with how easy is to get 4 stars now and arena i would not rank any of those.

Bw is useless now. Just good for synergies and shards.
    Elektra is the new BW now. She can counter mordo astral evade. Pretty decent.

HE has sick power drain but a 4/40 resolves utility business. AV is ok at 4/40 for your level.

If you really want to rank someone the decision is between Elektra and DD. If you are a sick fighter with mad skills you dont need DD. So Elektra is your choice !

I would argue that with the unblockable special nodes in war it's borderline impossible to walk away unscathed from certain champs specials consistently without DD. IMO war offers the best rewards and least amount of grinding so it's worth ranking specialty champs for that. A 4* Electra isn't going to do anything for you in higher teir war.
    Seems like most of those options are based on war. Let's ignore the war. I don't really care about that part of the game. I'm more of an event quest and story mode kind of guy, and AQ. 5.1= 100% 5.2.1, 5.2.2, and 5.2.3 are at 100%.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I have my duped 5* hawkeye at r3, and I know some that have r3 him unduped. Im moving towards only ranking 5*, so my vote would be HE
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I take unblockable special 1 nodes twice each ear and 90% of the time, I come out unscathed. I'm not saying this guy will at his level but I'm just saying it is possible. Especially when people still think Av is a good champ for that node
    Thanks again for the responses/advice.

Side note- I ranked up my Karnak to rank 3. Everything I've read online about him, they make him sound like SL-ish.

First fight against WS (ROL) - 321-3 with a hit streak of 321. Only using his first special

Second fight - 388-1 died from a blocked hit-

Did slightly more damage with the second special fight. Both did less than a quarter damage to him. My SL can do this fight in less than 250 hits. I know SL is a lot stronger, but people talk about Karnak having a similar strength, of getting stronger as the fight goes on. But his numbers never changed during the fight.
    3kyo0ubad381.png
    57ky6q6lg5q6.png