**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Brink of quitting

So I have just recently 100% Act 4 and am now taking on Act 5, but I have run into a problem that is completely out of my control. Due to completely fair and cash grab nodes, I am unable to complete this months master mode and I cannot get past the mesmerize Iron Patriot in 5.1 because well I simply can't beat RNG. This leaves me only play Arena as it is the only thing I am able to play and completely without going insane. "Practice more" and "keep trying" isn't going to help this situation, how do I practice against mesmerize? How do I practice against a Human Torch that starts the match with 2 bars of power and 40% increased incinerate damage? You don't, you either pull out your wallet or play for 6 months to defeat one quest. I honestly enjoy playing this game and would to continue playing it, but I've seen videos on what I would have to go against later on in Act 5 and honestly, nothing looks fun. I would like to keep playing and progressing but I don't want to just play arena everytime I load up the game. If any vets could help and give me some tips I would greatly appreciate it. Also I have been playing for two months now,

Comments

• Options
    Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Don’t quit man, I know it seems like the game only goes downhill from here but the challenge makes it more of a game instead of constant victory. There are plenty of quests other than arena, and with act 5, yes, it’s tough, but that would be more of a long term project. Have some fun with alliance wars and quests! This game has a whole lot to offer, and quitting just can’t be an option with all of this content. You don’t have to play arena, try some other quests. DON’T QUIT. You’ve got a wall in your path, so climb it.
  • Options
    TakingAllDownTakingAllDown Posts: 30
    I used all maxed 4* on torch and really its not that hard. AA, killmonger,hawkeye,corvus and venom. Yes i started many many times again beacuse i play with android and those lag spikes just killed me but i was lucky after few attempts and manage to kill him. Just keep trying,trust me u can do it
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,767 ★★★★★
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I hate to say it, but you just don’t have the skills or roster yet. It takes a long time to build up both. Perhaps the game is not for you. I understand that.

Building up and conquering the truly hard content is what makes this game great. You can feel your skills improving as you began to understand more and more champs. You start evading their specials instinctively. This takes time. This game will not just hand you anything.

Anyway.... Mesmerize. Parry, and only attack when stunned. Done.

How are your masteries?
  • Options
    DadOfThanosDadOfThanos Posts: 37

Here are my masteries, I have no units because I just bought precision
  • Options
    Noob2435 said:

You have been playing for 2 months and already 100 percent act 4? You're moving fast, anyways for Human torch just bait out the special 2 and dodge the first hit and block the rest. It would help if we could see what champs you have to say who would be best for him. But at the moment I think the best 3 are red hulk, quake and void.

• Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Not bad. You just have to keep practicing. Seriously, it takes a long time to improve. Just like anything.

Mastery advice for now is to ditch 5/5 limber. One point is enough unless you are really into AW. Petrify is not helping much right now either. Ditch all of those lesser attack points. Max Cruelty and Precision. Put all of those lesser attack points into physical resistance and Recovery.

While you are working towards improving your skills and growing your roster, your main goal is to stay alive as long as possible.

Despair is one of the best masteries in the game. Work towards that as well.
  • Options
    There is a max of 59 mastery points in total.

https://kabam.secure.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Summoner-Mastery-Guide?retURL=/PKB/apex/kbsearch?game=a0Za0000013VnVqEAK&popup=false&issue=All&game=a0Za0000013VnVqEAK&searchstring=&language=en_US&articletitle=Mastery Guide

Need to reduce the points for the mastery in the left side of each tree to be able to invest in the right side of the tree.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    How I deal with Human Torches L2 is to dodge the first attack, wait a good bit, then dodge right as he is about to hit me, then block (in case I did it wrong, but most of the time I don’t get hit at all)

The key is to time the second dodge. Don’t just spam swipe back. It’s weird, but just wait for it. (Now I just need to learn how to dodge his L1)
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    20 days of fighting human torch 12 times a day and some people still didn't learn to dodge his specials lmao
  • Options

20 days of fighting human torch 12 times a day and some people still didn't learn to dodge his specials lmao

Human Torch KOed before reaching special 1, so how to learn? ;)
  • Options
    SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    I forget is mesmerize evade and stun or just stun?
    Emma Frost is incinerate immune and stun immune when im diamond form and she cant be evaded when in telepath form. Mesmerize node taken care off
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    SSofLimbo said:

I forget is mesmerize evade and stun or just stun?
    Emma Frost is incinerate immune and stun immune when im diamond form and she cant be evaded when in telepath form. Mesmerize node taken care off

7% chance to evade attacks and leave you stunned. Pretty easy node usually if you just parry, MLM, repeat.
  • Options
    NikhilNikhil Posts: 101

So I have just recently 100% Act 4 and am now taking on Act 5, but I have run into a problem that is completely out of my control. Due to completely fair and cash grab nodes, I am unable to complete this months master mode and I cannot get past the mesmerize Iron Patriot in 5.1 because well I simply can't beat RNG. This leaves me only play Arena as it is the only thing I am able to play and completely without going insane. "Practice more" and "keep trying" isn't going to help this situation, how do I practice against mesmerize? How do I practice against a Human Torch that starts the match with 2 bars of power and 40% increased incinerate damage? You don't, you either pull out your wallet or play for 6 months to defeat one quest. I honestly enjoy playing this game and would to continue playing it, but I've seen videos on what I would have to go against later on in Act 5 and honestly, nothing looks fun. I would like to keep playing and progressing but I don't want to just play arena everytime I load up the game. If any vets could help and give me some tips I would greatly appreciate it. Also I have been playing for two months now,

It took more than year to complete act 4 for many players who play this game since it's launch. Why are whining after playing 2 months ?
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Git Gud
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I learned how and I am Garbage so if I can do it anyone can do it.
  • Options
    Nikhil said:

It took more than year to complete act 4 for many players who play this game since it's launch. Why are whining after playing 2 months ?
    Because the further i get into the game, the more pay to win it becomes. I'm fine with RNG in crystals, but it should not be in fights.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

Nikhil said:

Because the further i get into the game, the more pay to win it becomes. I'm fine with RNG in crystals, but it should not be in fights.
    No it’s not p2w further you get into the game. You’ll need time to develop your skills and roster as you go further in.

The only reason you were able to steamroll through the earlier acts was because 4/5*s became increasingly common which grossly overpowered the power level that earlier acts were designed for.