**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 star generic awakening gem

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
Hey there, I have one 5 star awakening gem and my question is if should I use it on starlord as he is useless unawaken or should I wait for someone like blade or aegon.

I also have a cosmic so in case anyone would suggest Medusa corvus or hyperion, I already have one for them.

Here's my roster so you can make and idea of what do I need.

Comments

• GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    So I should use it on my actual champions and no wait for an option like omega red or aegon?
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    CapIW and get him to sig 200 a fast as you can
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Wait for Aegon or Omega Red, especially if you have a load of sig stones.. Domino doesn't need the dupe.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    At this point Star Lord is a B-tier champ at best. Not worthy of a generic gem
    Plus you already have both Spark and Domino, so save the gem for someone who you will likely use more
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Save generic for Aegon, Omega, or Blade
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Starlord can still do everything has always been able to do, definitely not a B-tier champ.

@Gildenlow use this list it's pretty accurate https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vDX5kgwI1s-r0x9eXVoI8bFrZf5pmDPK-TzfTLpA5Xg/htmlview
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    you have domino, so you don't need starlord imo, since she just does clearing better. I would save your gem
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Cap IW over Star Lord. Using a generic gem on Domino is a waste, her signature ability is useless outside of war and her prestige is low.
    Manup456 said:

Starlord can still do everything has always been able to do, definitely not a B-tier champ.

@Gildenlow use this list it's pretty accurate https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vDX5kgwI1s-r0x9eXVoI8bFrZf5pmDPK-TzfTLpA5Xg/htmlview

If you don't think he's B-list at this point then I'd love to see how long your list of A-listers is. I can think of at least 10-15 champs better without any thought needed (Domino, Medusa, Void, Aegon, Corvus, CapIW, Spark, Hyperion, Ghost, Omega, Blade, Quake along with some arguments to be made for other champs)
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Beardo 100%
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I get we have a bunch of new champs and your always going to have a champ that's better than others in different things. He's still not a B-List champ, still a God tier champ.
    To each their own but to me to be an A-list champ you have to be able to do more than just hit hard. There are plenty of nodes in the game that gimp that ability.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    The only champs you have that I might use a generic on are CapIW (but he needs sig 200) and sentinel. Sabretooth and Domino don't gain much offensively from awakening. Otherwise, save it
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Thank you all.

I don't think dominó or sabretooth are good options case the dupe won't really make a difference.

Now I think capiw might be a good option but then again he is pretty solid unawakened. I think that omega red or aegon can make a difference but only if awakened, so I think the real question is if omegred or aegon really could be game changers at the poit where I am.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I used a generic gem on Beardo a few months ago and do not regret it one bit.
    Sig 200 and destroying stuff.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I wouldn’t use it on SL. He’s great awakened, but you don’t really need him since you’ve already got Stark Spidey and Domino and Proxima. I’d use the gem on Cap. America IW if you have a bunch of sig stones for him. If not, maybe use it on Domino since you’ve got her at R5, then you could put her on defense whenever you don’t need her for questing.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Don't even think about Star Lord since you have ghost.
    Wait for omega or aegon
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    CAIW hands down. He just kills anything you throw him at. Sure you could get a new amazing hero down the road but I'd be shocked if they were more amazing overall than Cap
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    What exactly do you think you need Starlord for?

Save it.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    sabretooth