**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rework King Groot Animation for Epilepsy Friendly Gameplay

Hello, I have some concerns that some of the animation sequences in game may pose a significant risk to players with epilepsy or other sensory disorder such as autism. I work with many patients that suffer from these conditions and make an effort to raise awareness for visuals that may lead to their injury. Most notably, the animation sequences for Thor Ragnarock, King Groot and Storm come to mind. If there is something that could be done to change the animation or reduce the lighting contrast so that flashing lights were not so drastic, I believe those that suffer from these conditions could enjoy the game more fully without fear of injury or hospitalization.

Thank you for your consideration

Comments

• Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    I honestly don't see the necessity of king groots l3 having that flash
  • Options
    StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    While it may be advisable for these individuals to avoid such media, it is becoming more and more difficult to do so with advancing technology. Additionally, if a game like this brings them joy, I will not be the one to take a positive source from them. I simply believe that all products should be made and designed to be enjoyed by everyone without discrimination for hardships. To my knowledge, there is also no warning easily accessible detailing potentially dangerous animation sequences in game.
  • Options
    RyanwhalesRyanwhales Posts: 60
    Thor ragnarok could also be a possibility for one of these changes, considering the lightning on his sp 3 was awful, even for me as well. The flickering is cool, i got used to it, but may be bad for others as well. His was the first before noticing groot at all.

I thank you for being considerate.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    This wouldn't seem an unreasonable suggestion. KG definitely the worst offender. Although Rags's lightning is pretty bright, it isn't repetetive in the same way.

It would take more work than reanimating a couple of SP3s; but as a blue-sky suggestion, about even an 'Epilepsy friendly' setting so that those who are photosensitive could automatically filter out flashing effects?