**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How did my Ali get spammed with so many new players in under 10 minutes?

Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I was just playing normally and I kicked two people who were inactive for over the given time and before I knew it I was being spammed with new accounts. However it was one high rating account, then the lower accounts started flooding in. I think I kicked over 250 something accounts over 10 minutes, and I don’t know how this even happened, we were forced to change to ‘by request’ to stop this. I’ve been playing Mcoc for years with my dad and recruiting is usually slow, and what happened here truly I couldn’t believe. Here are some pictures.

Comments

• Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately you triggered some bot players from mainland China. I saw from some mainland forum that they hack the game and run bot to create many accounts.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    In one of the recent updates they made it easier to find alliances, Changed up how people can search for and join allies. I’m guessing your ally was on top of the list of allies so everyone searching at that time joined.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

In one of the recent updates they made it easier to find alliances, Changed up how people can search for and join allies. I’m guessing your ally was on top of the list of allies so everyone searching at that time joined.

But notice that his alliance is set to by request. How did they just join without being accepted.
  • Options
    Drooped2 said:

But notice that his alliance is set to by request. How did they just join without being accepted.
    That's an interesting side note. Or after this happened they switched to by request and booted and took these shots
    Before it was open, and after kicking 250+ players we made it by request.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

It’s in the OP. “we were forced to change to ‘by request’ to stop this.”
  • Options
    henrysanchezahenrysancheza Posts: 41
    This happened to my alliance, I was recruiting on the global chat, 3 new members entered, the alliance was 15/30, it was ok, I went to sleep, next morning it was 30/30, I thought it was my officers recruiting, but there was very low level allies mostly chinese/korean.

I let them be for a while, but they hardly play, never level up, so I kicked 3, and 3 others took their place immediatly, I kicked the new ones, they just keep coming, they infest my alliance.

I switched it to 'by request', it stopped, there were 25/30. And I put it again to open, and guess what? Full again, filled by these people, they must be some kind of bots, with that level, they ruined the prestige. Switched back to 'by request' and kick them out.

Now I cannot recruit in the global, just by saying "join we do this and that bla bla bla" it was not that hard, now I have to send invitations and people just ignore them.

A guy posted something similar on the spanish forum, that he saw "strange people" joining suddenly, and the moderators deleted the screenshots and closed the thread without any explanation
  • Options
    So it is due to the opening of the game in China/Korea?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★

So it is due to the opening of the game in China/Korea?

I don't think it is related to that.
    Same thing happened in my alliance but they were not Korean / Chinese named characters.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    It is probably glitch in the find an alliance page.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    >So it is due to the opening of the game in China/Korea?

I don't think it is related to that.
    Same thing happened in my alliance but they were not Korean / Chinese named characters.

Their name not being in Chinese or Korean characters doesn’t mean it’s not an account from those respective countries 😂.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

It is probably glitch in the find an alliance page.

Agrees.

OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
    Alliance Auto-Join
    • Find your next great Alliance with the new Alliance Auto-Join feature! The search system automatically tries to find you an active Alliance that suits you
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    I got Chinese bots too.

Edit: lol I got Goyard in my alliance for a second