**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Despair Broken?

Look at the screeenshot. I got a total of 11 debuffs on ROL wolvie with despair maxed and it’s not reversing his regen. Regen’s simply stopped. Is this a “silent nerf” again? I got videos of that fight and one of capiw with no tech on the team so no petrifies, only armor breaks and weaknesses for more evidence.

Comments

• R1ch4rdW4ngR1ch4rdW4ng Posts: 5
    I’m using an ipad 5th generation, ios 12.2. The fight was vs ROL wolverine on wifi. I got despair maxed at 3/3. Game version 23.0.1
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Need Petrify for any healing to be regened. The debuff or the mastery(while stunned)

Yes petrify will reduce on their own, but with despair mastery any kind of debuff should’ve worked to reduce regen, only the number of debuff matters
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Despair is capped at 0%, meaning it won’t go negative I think. You need champs like void and CAIW with petrify to bring it to negative. It is applied after despair.

I am not sure, but in your video with wolvie, if you have petrify mastery too, were you able to negative regen him for the duration when he is stunned (with enough other debuffs of course for despair to first reduce healing to 0%)
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    i Dont think you can apply negative regen via masteries.
    Its all capped at Zero. Never saw this happen. But i truly don't watched it closely. Was happy that regen is cut off.
    For ROL Wolvie it would be a taktic that would be known and youtubed.(Medusa! Masacre!)
    Any Links that show that? No AAR Vids or expilicit known champs that can do it by design. (MODOK, CAIW, Void,) Even Archangel only stops regen i think

• Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    edited May 2019
    You can reverse regen with just the despair mastery. Or at least you could in the past. This is how I got past LOL X23 using VooDoo. If Kabam changed this to cap at 100% (so no reversal) it was a silent change, and probably really unfair to players that havent done certain content yet.
    But, it also isnt an immediate full reversal. If you have it maxed, and have 10 debuffs on, should reverse it by 50%. So, a 2k heal would do 1k damage. This used to stack (15+15+15) and not be... the other way which would cap it (15% + 15%*1.15 + N*1.15)
    How does peteify interact? That just reduces the chance their regen procs, and effectiveness. I guess if petrify is maxed, regen should be less, so reverse heal would be less. But you dont need petrify for despair to work, unless I am missing something.
    Exactly. In the description of despair it says DEBUFFS can reduce regen. It doesn’t specifically says only petrify can reverse it. Yes I get that petrify can reduce regen, but isn’t the whole point of despair is so that we can still do it without despair? If you’re gonna say only petrify can reverse regen then I don’t see it says that anywhere. Unless i missed something which i welcome any screenshot that says otherwise
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    It's true that there is no description in Petrify either saying it will reverse all healing.
    Kabam really needs to work on putting more detailed description to their masteries.

Anywho, Despair has never been meant to reverse any healing. It only makes all healing reaches 0%. Meaning it will only stop all healing.

Petrify on the other hand reduces healing and reversing healing to the negative. It works just like Guillotine's reverse healing debuff from her SP2.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    basically, almost every debuff that effects healing is capped at 0%. you need two types of these debuffs to force it below 0% and cause degen.