**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• ColeJaxsonColeJaxson Posts: 6
    This map should’ve been a special event quest prior to release. We all would’ve gotten a feel for the nodes and could’ve help work out the kinks.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    battleone said:

I've read a good deal of this post and seen 2 major concerns, difficulty and timers/syncing with alliance mates.

I see lot of nodes that are very character (a few at best) specific. This will increase diversity on the characters used. This is a goal Kabam has had for a long time and started in alliance wars. They have a ton of characters and want to encourage diversity and teamwork. Back in the day, it was do you have this specific OP champ? yes? you are valued, come to our alliance. Void is the AW example of this. You pretty much needed a void in each bg for war. Coming from a low p3 alliance at that time (seasons 1-2) If you didnt have a void in each bg you struggled mightily, it was haves and have nots. These nodes are just a huge expansion to this concept. The summoners with some (currently) obscure champ at r4 r5 is now going to be valued. You're going to 'need that guy' on your team.

for example

Footloose
    After activating a Special Attack, the Defender becomes Unstoppable and has a X% chance to Evade incoming attacks for X seconds.
    With the Slow Debuff, you’ll be able to completely shut this down. She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen are the best Champions here, but anyone who can Power Control or remove Unstoppable will also be useful.

They are saying it in so many words right there. Please use these champs. Please rank them up. We worked on them, we revamped them, now use them........

As for timers, as someone who thrives on efficiency, I get it why they don't want to make timers 30 minutes. In addition to Kabam's business related reasons, 30 minute timers do put pressure on the pace of AQ. The general logic in AQ is when I am clear, tag your teammate and the come clear you. I've definitely had teammates before that get kind of burnt out during 30 minute timer weeks. They are on the game much more frequently then they want to be. Do the have to be? no, but it is the culture of the game and expectations of teammates.

I think a great solution in AQ would be one of 2 things. Increase the energy cap and/or create a help system to encourage teamwork and get a couple extra energy during the course of an AQ day. It should be enough for that little extra burst you need to make 1 or 2 less appearances in game or reach that node holding up your teammate etc....

How does the same map with more energy somehow pressure you MORE? If you wanted to wait the normal 5 hours then you still could with no penalty to exploration. However with timers halved you can also log on any time from 2hrs 30min onward and have full energy. Its the exact same map with less restrictive energy requirements
  • HarryhoudiniHarryhoudini Posts: 42
    @Chadhogan ,l yes , it seems that is the case. Ignore it and it will go away right?
  • knuckles812knuckles812 Posts: 6
    Mods, please see my notes in the bug fixes forum below. I sent in a ticket as well, which was responded to in the most generic format possible...There definitely needs to be some compensation for this AQ cycle.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/142890/the-champion-against-cant-stop-wont-stop-nodes-aq-map-7#latest
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Posts: 85
    I guess no fix before day 2 started?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★

They don't work weekends
  • MaladarMaladar Posts: 22

We'd be lucky if we get any sort of fix at all, both in AQ and AW.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    I get that it’s the weekend, but shouldn’t there be some monitoring after releasing radically new alliance mode content?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

I get that it’s the weekend, but shouldn’t there be some monitoring after releasing radically new alliance mode content?

Live beta tests provide greater amounts of feedback in less time
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

they are taking this back to the game team

and collecting data!
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    @codebreaker their HQ is in San Francisco.. issue is the mobile gaming industry is unregulated and zero consumer protection. Ethics went out the window when Marvel was absorbed by the Mouse
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    edited June 2019

Kabam is lucky they aren't on American soil, they would have been sued to the ground with all the violations and shady things they do, I'm really disappointed at marvel for allowing this unethical Group to run a game with their own characters

Kabam hasn’t been “sued into the ground” because they haven’t broken the law. They no doubt have an excellent team of corporate attorneys that tells them exactly what they can and cannot do.

• BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    posted the above in wrong threead it was for AW not AQ

• BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Hyperion day2. this is not skill-based, it is luck-based. Whomever thought this up knew exactly what they were doing. Clap clap clap....
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Very difficult fight without the right counter like Medusa
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Well after fighting hype just now in first tier for second day this is only thing I can feel right now.

Shame on you kabaam!!!
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    As far as the difficulty of hyp... this is the comment from mod that stands out and baffled me?!

When asked why keeping MS boss:

“For a multitude of reasons, we opted not to change every boss on every Map, so in all but Map 2, we changed 2/3 Bosses. Map 1 and 7 are a bit different in that regard though. Morningstar was kept instead of Nightcrawler or Green Goblin because of a few reasons. Namely, her mechanics are not particularly complicated but do require a broadly used Champion Archetype (Bleed Immune) to handle. She was/is, of the 3 minibosses, also the one we felt best exemplified the level of Challenge we feel is appropriate for Map 5.”

MS exemplifies the LEVEL OF CHALLENGE...
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Any comment from the modd
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    No response from mod ??? seriously ??? shut down this forum website already !!! and let your game naturally collapsed.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★

No response from mod ??? seriously ??? shut down this forum website already !!! and let your game naturally collapsed.

They generally dont answer on weekends unless the game goes down lol
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Yea, introducing all of this content on a weekend is by no means accidental. they have done it before