Reverse Nightcrawler's Signature Ability

To dupe a champ we either get an awakening gem, pull him from crystal, or earn him in arena. We spend time, energy, and often funds to achieve it because duped champ is almost always better than the non-duped version - with one exception, Nightcrawler. It is a well-known fact that NC is the only champ whose signature ability makes him WORSE after dupe. Shouldn't a champ's signature ability make him BETTER?

Here's our plea for the signature ability of NC: instead of allowing him to switch combat mode faster, the duping should make him switch combat mode SLOWER. This will justify most players' purpose, effort, and resource to get NC duped - just like every other champ who becomes better after dupe. We thank you for making this correction and do NC justice.

Comments

  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 667 ★★★
    OP... have you ever used NC on offense?

    Champions have more than one use, you know...
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Um WOW!

    Let me give you a few numbers

    SL 180
    Wolverine 1000
    NC 320

    Those are the number of hits it takes them all to kill WS in RoL and YES NC is Duped
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I'd say CWBP gets it worse as aside from the ability to absorb heavy attacks he is forced to start in reflective mode meaning he is VERY open to a Parry-beatdown at the start of a fight
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Um WOW!

    Let me give you a few numbers

    SL 180
    Wolverine 1000
    NC 320

    Those are the number of hits it takes them all to kill WS in RoL and YES NC is Duped

    If that is for maxed 4*, Wolverine's number is very off. I just tested with my 4* 4/40 Wolverine. Deep wounds is only 1, Assassination is only 1, and I never went below 50% health so there's no courage to take into consideration. No synergy team
    dl0rjin60ows.png
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Um WOW!

    Let me give you a few numbers

    SL 180
    Wolverine 1000
    NC 320

    Those are the number of hits it takes them all to kill WS in RoL and YES NC is Duped

    5/50 wolvie takes me 400 hits.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Purveyor wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Um WOW!

    Let me give you a few numbers

    SL 180
    Wolverine 1000
    NC 320

    Those are the number of hits it takes them all to kill WS in RoL and YES NC is Duped

    5/50 wolvie takes me 400 hits.

    No deep wounds, no assasination, no courage

    Straight up at 4/40
    (Granted I AM comparing him to a 5/50 NC and SL but that's for kinda a reference towards NC's might to have such a high damage output compared to SL)

    Even so @Rotmgmoddy NC would be placed around 2x damage compared to Wolverine and I'm guessing that at 5/50 would be closer but I'm trying to unlock Assassin atm so the numbers are kinda skewed
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,031 ★★★
    This reminds me of when deep wounds was working on NC after 12.0 or 13 or whatever, that bug was awesome for him. He was doing 5x the bleed damage with deep wounds maxed, man he was fun to play with then. As people get more used to fighting him on defense, more will use him for his great attack, and you'll like that sig even more.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    I took down WS with my 4/40 Wolverine with 591 hits. No Deep Wounds, no suicides, just Guillotine, Storm, Red Magneto all 4* and 3* Red Cyclops.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    I took down WS with my 4/40 Wolverine with 591 hits. No Deep Wounds, no suicides, just Guillotine, Storm, Red Magneto all 4* and 3* Red Cyclops.

    Utilising synergies.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    I took down WS with my 4/40 Wolverine with 591 hits. No Deep Wounds, no suicides, just Guillotine, Storm, Red Magneto all 4* and 3* Red Cyclops.

    Utilising synergies.

    Yup, I will admit I probably got lucky with some of the amount of bleeds I could stack, but even with bad luck it still wouldn't be anywhere near 1000 hits.
  • PUNK_F0XPUNK_F0X Posts: 13
    The only Champion that I know that gets it worse, when Awakened, is Iron Patriot.... enough said
  • NC loses some strength as a War Defender when duped but he becomes a much, much better attacker. Way better. I use him all the time in AQ.

    I have to say that the OP is categorically wrong.
  • Ugh.... I wasn't intending to elaborate on NC's offensive side after dupe, 'cuz I thought there was no green horn here & everyone knew - apparently I was wrong.

    OK let me clarify for those who aren't so sure: NC's signature ability, Neyaphem Heritage, will switch combat mode 0.3 seconds faster; additionally, when he strikes a Deep Wound, he gains X% increased attack for 7 seconds. On offense, increased attack makes him a better attacker. Faster mode switching doesn't really affect me that much cuz I switch at will all the time, with or without dupe. On defense, it was what I talked about at the top paragraph.

    For those who said NC is used more on offense, I'd suggest you spend your life on more meaningful topics instead of trolling others. Why? I dare you to do a count on your next 10 AWs: count in both teams that how many NC is used on defense and how many NC used in offense and tally them up. You'll see yourself where NC is more used.

    I never said NC is a weak attacker. After dupe of course his attack is sharper. However there are quite a few better attackers than NC, hence more people using him on defense rather than offense.

    The point I want to argue is: a dupe costs resources to achieve, and should make a champ better all-around instead of "just on offense" or "just on defense". I'd rather see the switch time reversed, so the dupe not only makes NC a better attacker, but also better all-around.




  • When fighting an unduped NC, the time it takes for you to get NC to switch to Swashbuckling mode (from NC dashing back and blocking) is almost equivalent to the time it takes for you to throw 4 combo hits (medium, light, light, light attack) assuming all those hits are blocked. If your suggestion that, by duping him, a longer combat mode switch time is applied (say 0.3 secs longer), then its almost impossible for you to get NC to switch without getting hit - since you will need NC to block all your 5 hit combo, by doing so allowing him to counter combo you. That will make NC OP in defense.
  • Palito_DiazPalito_Diaz Posts: 51
    edited August 2017
    A better suggestion maybe, is to make the combat mode switch time constant even when duped. This will make it harder to get a duped NC to switch from Neyaphem to Swashbuckling mode because duping him increases his chances of evading attacks - thereby making him better on defense.
  • Hermes77 wrote: »
    Ugh.... I wasn't intending to elaborate on NC's offensive side after dupe, 'cuz I thought there was no green horn here & everyone knew - apparently I was wrong.

    OK let me clarify for those who aren't so sure: NC's signature ability, Neyaphem Heritage, will switch combat mode 0.3 seconds faster; additionally, when he strikes a Deep Wound, he gains X% increased attack for 7 seconds. On offense, increased attack makes him a better attacker. Faster mode switching doesn't really affect me that much cuz I switch at will all the time, with or without dupe. On defense, it was what I talked about at the top paragraph.

    For those who said NC is used more on offense, I'd suggest you spend your life on more meaningful topics instead of trolling others. Why? I dare you to do a count on your next 10 AWs: count in both teams that how many NC is used on defense and how many NC used in offense and tally them up. You'll see yourself where NC is more used.

    I never said NC is a weak attacker. After dupe of course his attack is sharper. However there are quite a few better attackers than NC, hence more people using him on defense rather than offense.

    The point I want to argue is: a dupe costs resources to achieve, and should make a champ better all-around instead of "just on offense" or "just on defense". I'd rather see the switch time reversed, so the dupe not only makes NC a better attacker, but also better all-around.




    Its worth remembering not everyone has all the champs. I really like using Nightcrawler, hence my avatar, and I'm almost always coralled into using him in AW - I've now duped him to the extent where he's NOT as useful in AW as he is in AQ, where I use him regularly. I appreciate that not all players will have, or want to have, a high sig Nightcrawler, but he works well for me and I have no regrets about bringing him to Rank 5 or putting sig stones in him. He's perfect for my playstyle and I dominate with him.

    So, I agree that duping him makes him less useful in AW, but I'm really glad that his sig works the way it does, because he's helped me clear A LOT of content. Food for thought, perhaps. Just because everyone has one perspective on something, doesnt make it true for everyone.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Hermes77 wrote: »
    Ugh.... I wasn't intending to elaborate on NC's offensive side after dupe, 'cuz I thought there was no green horn here & everyone knew - apparently I was wrong.

    OK let me clarify for those who aren't so sure: NC's signature ability, Neyaphem Heritage, will switch combat mode 0.3 seconds faster; additionally, when he strikes a Deep Wound, he gains X% increased attack for 7 seconds. On offense, increased attack makes him a better attacker. Faster mode switching doesn't really affect me that much cuz I switch at will all the time, with or without dupe. On defense, it was what I talked about at the top paragraph.

    For those who said NC is used more on offense, I'd suggest you spend your life on more meaningful topics instead of trolling others. Why? I dare you to do a count on your next 10 AWs: count in both teams that how many NC is used on defense and how many NC used in offense and tally them up. You'll see yourself where NC is more used.

    I never said NC is a weak attacker. After dupe of course his attack is sharper. However there are quite a few better attackers than NC, hence more people using him on defense rather than offense.

    The point I want to argue is: a dupe costs resources to achieve, and should make a champ better all-around instead of "just on offense" or "just on defense". I'd rather see the switch time reversed, so the dupe not only makes NC a better attacker, but also better all-around.




    NC is designed as an offensive champ, so of course duping him will improve his offensive abilities.
    + nobody uses him in AW offense because of MD.
    + And when you start coming to tier 1-2 in AW, you barely see him
Sign In or Register to comment.