**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Help maxing out two four-star champions

Hey guys,

So I've been having a lot of trouble ranking up my two top four-star champs: Captain America IW and Iron Man IW. Both are at Rank 4, but I'm having trouble getting them over the hump. Usually I just collect crystals and upgrade once the blue arrow comes up, but I rarely understand how I actually got there. So sorry if this seems super obvious.

For Cap, it says that I have 6/5 Tier 4 Basic Catalyst, 2/3 Tier 4 Science Catalyst, and 4/2 Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst. So it looks like I need more Tier 4 Science Catalyst. But how much more do I need to complete that, and how do I do so? For Iron Man, it says the same for Tier 4 Basic and Tier 1 Alpha, but I only have 1/3 Tier 4 Tech.

I see the store is allowing me to purchase 720x Tier 4 Science Catalyst Fragments with my units. But how many fragments do I need to purchase to make another catalyst? It says right now that I own 7,710/36,000. Do I need to acquire a full 36,000 fragments - or 28,290 - to finally max out Cap? Or am I just misunderstanding this?

It's frustrating because I've had Cap and Iron Man at those levels for forever now, and I need to upgrade them so I can advance in Story Quest. I'm stuck on Chapter 3 Pt. 6 because I'm barely above the recommended points and I need to max my guys out.

Comments

• Options
    jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    so 36k shards=T4CC, so in your case, you just need 28,290 T4 science catalyst shards to make one whole T4CC. Since you have 2 already, all you need is those shards then you should have all 3!!
  • Options
    weketchumweketchum Posts: 62
    jkcjmiji said:

so 36k shards=T4CC, so in your case, you just need 28,290 T4 science catalyst shards to make one whole T4CC. Since you have 2 already, all you need is those shards then you should have all 3!!

Sigh. It's so many, lol. Thank you though
  • Options
    Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Find a good alliance that runs AQ to earn glory and map crystals to gain t4b and t4c faster
  • Options
    weketchumweketchum Posts: 62

Find a good alliance that runs AQ to earn glory and map crystals to gain t4b and t4c faster

Alliance is so confusing to me, no idea how it works
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Go to Main Screen ... from there, up top, is an "Inventory" button .. click that .. then click "Catalysts" on the left.

This will list all your current catalysts .. scroll down to find your T4 Science Cats, and T4 Tech cats, and you'll see how many you have (and how many fragments you have .. as mentioned, you need 36,000 to form 1 cat.)

There is a daily quest each day, which you can run for a small amount of fragments .. (it's something .. but generally viewed as "not a very good usage of energy" .. but hey, it's there).
    go to Main screen .. Click "Fight" up top .. then in far left, bottom, choose "Event Quests" .. and scroll over to find the Daily proving grounds (which give Basic cats) .
    and beside that .. should some class specific event . It changes each day (Mon = Mutant, Tues = Skill, Wed = Science, Thu = Mystic, Fri = Cosmic, Sat = Tech). Those can give you T3 Class cats, or T4 Class cats, depending on the difficulty run .. but again .. you don't much mileage from them .. ;)
    weketchum said:

Alliance is so confusing to me, no idea how it works

Yeah, the better way to pick up Class cats (both T3 and T4) is in an Alliance.

An Alliance is just a group of people working together for a common goal . and greater rewards ..

Join an alliance .. chat with them ... get to know them .. when you find a good alliance, they'll become a group of friends .. ;)

Talk to alliance members to help you out in each step of the game .. as you progress .. ask questions .. don't be shy.
    If they get upset and kick you, don't worry, that alliance wasn't for you .. look for another one .. it takes a few hops usually to find a good one.

or create a new post on here, with your "credentials" (ie current top champs, etc) and see who will take you on :)

Join Alliance Quest ... it's basically just a quest .. where 10 members team up to get through it ... again . talk to you alliance members when you get there .. ask suggestions on which champs to bring .. which path to go .. when to fight .. etc.

After you get better, and braver, join Alliance Wars ... basically same as Alliance Quest, but fighting other alliances ... harder . but (supposedly) better rewards.. (Personally, I find the rewards for AW total c**p ... so I don't bother .. but hey, to each their own .. :P )

Good luck!