**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Thor Ragnarok map 5

HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
This didn’t seem right, so I though I’d ask. First time running map 5. I was battling Thor Ragnarok using IMIW (5* R4/45, awakened). He eventually triggered boon, then S3. I went from upper 90% health to 89 during the animation, fine. After the animation I lost almost 5k health instantly, then another little bit from shock. I ended up around 30% health when shock wore off. I wasn’t hit, other than the S3. Am I missing something? Why did I instantly lose so much health? Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots, not do I know how many armor stacks I had.

Comments

• jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283

This didn’t seem right, so I though I’d ask. First time running map 5. I was battling Thor Ragnarok using IMIW (5* R4/45, awakened). He eventually triggered boon, then S3. I went from upper 90% health to 89 during the animation, fine. After the animation I lost almost 5k health instantly, then another little bit from shock. I ended up around 30% health when shock wore off. I wasn’t hit, other than the S3. Am I missing something? Why did I instantly lose so much health? Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots, not do I know how many armor stacks I had.

Did you get (blocked) hits from Thor Rag after Sp3? It is his ability to 'shock' damage you everytime he hits (including blocked hits) and the shock debuff charges up everytime you get hit.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Special 3: God of Thunder – Thor (Ragnarok) discovers that his true power lies within, channeling lightning through his fists and electrifying opponents with each punch.

Shocks the opponent, dealing 540 Energy Damage over 5 seconds.
    This Special Attack can only inflict up to maximum of 20% of the opponent’s max Health as damage.

Signature Ability: Thunder God’s Wrath – After a Special 3, Thor (Ragnarok) is temporarily able to control lightning within his body.

After a Special 3 Attack, Thor (Ragnarok) is able to control lightning within his body for 7-25 seconds. Thor (Ragnarok) has a 40% chance to inflict Shock whenever making physical contact with opponents, dealing 378 Energy Damage over 5 seconds.
    Inflicting Shock has a 16% chance to cause Stun and 40% chance to Armor Break. Additionally, each Shock stack reduces the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 15%.

Dont let him get to sp3, keep baiting sp1s and then hit with your special at a combo of 18, this means the third hit of your sp1 will hit at combo 21 shutting down his power gain. Always save specials to shut down his boon.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    jkcjmiji said:

Did you get (blocked) hits from Thor Rag after Sp3? It is his ability to 'shock' damage you everytime he hits (including blocked hits) and the shock debuff charges up everytime you get hit.

This still wouldn’t explain the 5k drop in health immediately after the S3 animation cut out

• RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    if you're attacking with thor rags, it'll do the same thing. been like that for a while, not sure why it doesn't all calculate into sp3's animation, but it just does that. I'm guessing the damage you get from animation is from the punches, and all the electricity is getting to you at the end?
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    Lormif said:

Special 3: God of Thunder – Thor (Ragnarok) discovers that his true power lies within, channeling lightning through his fists and electrifying opponents with each punch.

Shocks the opponent, dealing 540 Energy Damage over 5 seconds.
    This Special Attack can only inflict up to maximum of 20% of the opponent’s max Health as damage.

Signature Ability: Thunder God’s Wrath – After a Special 3, Thor (Ragnarok) is temporarily able to control lightning within his body.

After a Special 3 Attack, Thor (Ragnarok) is able to control lightning within his body for 7-25 seconds. Thor (Ragnarok) has a 40% chance to inflict Shock whenever making physical contact with opponents, dealing 378 Energy Damage over 5 seconds.
    Inflicting Shock has a 16% chance to cause Stun and 40% chance to Armor Break. Additionally, each Shock stack reduces the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 15%.

Dont let him get to sp3, keep baiting sp1s and then hit with your special at a combo of 18, this means the third hit of your sp1 will hit at combo 21 shutting down his power gain. Always save specials to shut down his boon.

I never knew that. thanks! he's been a pain in my rear on map 5.