**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentry's Signature Ability

IDogeIDoge Posts: 409 ★★
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Okay I just can't not talk about this sig anymore. It's a pure cash grab signature ability. If you don't have him high sig, you have to be above a certain health to carry your charges from the previous fight. This is ridiculous. No matter your opinions on Sentry, this sig is just unacceptable. In my opinion, it should even be changed. Why should the user be punished because they lost health and lose all their hard earned charges? Keep in mind you need 40 hits in a fight just to acquire one.

Comments

• Meshu43Meshu43 Posts: 139
    I recently duped mine 5* , he's at sig 20 !
    Worth rank 2 ?
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    sentry is one of the worst n poorly designed, animated and over all very badly thoughtout character, cant even call him half backed! they put all their hardwork on making void that month who is like 100x more useful and worth every rankup material u have for science class, if anything sentry needs entire rework on him including the basic attack animations, community needed him to be so great and they couldnt deliver at all.
    his basic animations are slow and laggy, redhulk or og hulk has better combos and gameplay mechanics them him, he really shouldnt be such a trash and should have some value in every roster he is in.
    if they again rework him ,pls i hope he gets better animations ,
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I made the mistake of putting my 5* undupped Sentry to R4 and he is totally useless. In my opinion, his mechanics isn't completely bad, it just needs to be rebalanced.

Signature ability percentage should be increased (at sig 1, warps would persist above let's say 35%).

Another option is to lower the amount of hits needed to gain warps (from 40 to 20 for ex.).

Third option could be increasing his regen after SP3, which would make his signature ability a bit reasonable.

However, the numbers need to be balanced. In the comics, he is very overpowered. I think it's a shame that he's so weak in mcoc (as well as Phoenix btw). He's my fave character too btw.
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    Wait at sig 200 the required health is 0%? So which means that he is basically only playable basically at around sig 100?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I've had sentry since day 1 of his release. I was super excited to pull him but after trying him out for a few months I moved him to my arena fodder teams and forgot about him. His rampup takes far too long and he has the power of a blown lightbulb. Only champ I've ever been disappointed to pull and I have 6* unduped antman juggs janefoster and cable
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    He has been reworked several times now and somehow kabam cant fix him
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Kalantak said:

sentry is one of the worst n poorly designed, animated and over all very badly thoughtout character, cant even call him half backed! they put all their hardwork on making void that month who is like 100x more useful and worth every rankup material u have for science class, if anything sentry needs entire rework on him including the basic attack animations, community needed him to be so great and they couldnt deliver at all.
    his basic animations are slow and laggy, redhulk or og hulk has better combos and gameplay mechanics them him, he really shouldnt be such a trash and should have some value in every roster he is in.
    if they again rework him ,pls i hope he gets better animations ,

I think he has good animations, that’s his only redeeming quality, IMHO
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    That should not be a thing,it's simply a stupid thing to have.I like Sentry but he's trash because of this.They should have made that different for example if the health was lower than the health from the sig. the lower his bonus damage from the state he would be in gets depending on the health.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    200 combo meter for 1.5 seconds of unstoppable is just astonishingly awful. And its not even guaranteed until max sig lol
  • MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    No one here heard of Idelest? Go check him out(retired but has plenty material) on YT.