**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Still Ranking 4s or focusing on 5s

smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
For those 4 years in...are you still ranking your 4s? I find that the newer content seems more geared towards 5s these days and outside of an amazing or new character 4, I don't waste resources anymore. They seem to be just grinding meat these days for me.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I Rank both. I Rank everything, TBH. It all goes into progress.
  • Options
    MasChingonMasChingon Posts: 10
    I would only do certain 4’s, like the god tier ones. Otherwise focus on 5’s
  • Options
    AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    I’ve seen YouTube streams of people doing UC. EQ and act 5 with 4*s , to me that’s worth ranking
  • Options
    The_first_ZagaThe_first_Zaga Posts: 13
    I expect them to be useful in future content so I rank them all
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Focusing on 6*s
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I rarely rank 4s now but occasionally will. I took up 4* Aegon to try him out and for Variant 2 I took up Sentinel because I can't get him as a 5* and was really wanting him for a long time. Would probably take up a 4* Rag Hulk since I haven't had any luck pulling him either and he has some unique utility. Honestly though I don't take many champs up in general anymore. Most 5* are trash or dupes and 4* just aren't strong enough for me to use often
  • Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Only rank my 4’s to rank 3 for arena. Only time I’d take one to R5 now is if I’m missing something that they offer in my roster or I have cats expiring. 4’s are on the way out and once you have 6-7 4/55’s and 2-3 6* I’ve found I use them very minimally
  • Options
    AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    I’d. Max 4*s until I can hit 1.5m in a single round
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I max them for fun sometimes because 90% of my 5* are barely worth ranking past 1/25
  • Options
    Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    I dont put a single iso on the 4* trash champs, but I 3/30 others (god tiers first) to use in arena. Ithink they worth till a certain time period when I have plenty of 5* & 6* to choose from. 4* are only blocked in act6, but can use them everywhere except it.. So, i do 3/30 as many as I can do, then maxout one who i need most & variety in roster ... btw I just got uncollected. so I beleive I have a very long way to go & those 4* can help me... just like this month, my 3/30 venom shreded master night monkey (when 5* r4 hype, r3 omega & darkhawk all were ****** by night monkey... B)
  • Options
    Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    edited August 2019
    AlphA101 said:

I’d. Max 4*s until I can hit 1.5m in a single round

this is also a good idea. I can do only 450k per round by playing 20 sets of fights... i only have 6 maxed out 4* & 9 4/40 now, so i need to upgrade those...
  • Options
    digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    I focus on 5* rank ups, they need so many alphas so I plan ahead for those rank ups. Only ranking up 4* that are amazing or if I’m about to have t4cc expire will I rank 4*, even then I don’t want to.
    After act 5 100% there is very little use for them save for synergy, I still use 3* Heimdall because that’s the only one I have but can’t use him in act 6 but I can in Variants
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Rarely do I bother to rank up 4*s, specifically to help deal with difficult content. I’ll level and rank up 4* heroes for the 22 hour Level events more than for actual use of the 4* hero.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    Like previous posters have stated, only rank 4*s that are good tier, especially ones you don't have as 5*s yet. God tier 4s still come in handy in monthly EQs, even in uncollected. But your concentration should be 5s, correct and build your 5 * roster
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    +1 for 6*. I'd r5 champ only using variant gem or smth like that, with all those gates seems like a safer option
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    The only version of Ghost I’ve come across is a 4 star.

She’s gone get these resources.