**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Not placed in Plat 4?

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
My Alliance is currently ranked well within the range of Plat 4 - which is where we finished last season. We've remained within that range during the season so far, yet when the placement appeared today it lists us in Gold. Do Alliances need to wait until this season ends before Plat 4 actually becomes a thing?

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

My Alliance is currently ranked well within the range of Plat 4 - which is where we finished last season. We've remained within that range during the season so far, yet when the placement appeared today it lists us in Gold. Do Alliances need to wait until this season ends before Plat 4 actually becomes a thing?

Why do you say that? they did not cut up gold one, they pushed gold 1 down, meaning you are actually 800 places lower then you were last season.
  • Options
    Plat 4 cut-off is top 800. If your rank is within that top 800 you would be within Plat 4.

The previous cut-off from Gold 1 to Plat 3 was top 300. Creating a new ranking between Gold 1 and Plat 3 does not push Gold down further, it "elevates" several Alliances "up". Quotations used because they're not actually being lifted, they are exactly where they were before... just the name of their ranking/placement changes.

Example: If you were the 301st ranked Alliance in the game, last season you were Gold 1. This season you'd be Plat 4 because that's for the top 800 alliances. That change doesn't raise your alliance up or push others down...

What I'm asking is do we have to wait for this season to end before that placement actually takes affect? I had assumed it would be automatic.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Plat 4 cut-off is top 800. If your rank is within that top 800 you would be within Plat 4.

The previous cut-off from Gold 1 to Plat 3 was top 300. Creating a new ranking between Gold 1 and Plat 3 does not push Gold down further, it "elevates" several Alliances "up". Quotations used because they're not actually being lifted, they are exactly where they were before... just the name of their ranking/placement changes.

Example: If you were the 301st ranked Alliance in the game, last season you were Gold 1. This season you'd be Plat 4 because that's for the top 800 alliances. That change doesn't raise your alliance up or push others down...

What I'm asking is do we have to wait for this season to end before that placement actually takes affect? I had assumed it would be automatic.

No, plat 4 cutoff is top 1273. There are 800 PLACES in plat 4. You are confusing total number of placements with your top rank. If you were rank 301 last season in the entire game you were in plat 3, closer to plat 2 then gold 1...

It goes
    Master -top slot
    master 2 2nd place
    master 3 third place
    Master 4-23
    Plat 1 24-73
    plat 2 74-173
    plat 3 174-473
    plat 4 474 - 1273
    gold 1 1274-2773
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★

• Options
    edited August 2019
    So when it says Plat 4 top 800 - that isn't based off listed ranking?
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

No, plat 4 cutoff is top 1273. There are 800 PLACES in plat 4. You are confusing total number of placements with your top rank. If you were rank 301 last season in the entire game you were in plat 3, closer to plat 2 then gold 1...

It goes
    Master -top slot
    master 2 2nd place
    master 3 third place
    Master 4-23
    Plat 1 24-73
    plat 2 74-173
    plat 3 174-473
    plat 4 474 - 1273
    gold 1 1274-2773
    Top master alliances are also included in the 20 ...

Also, the numbers are cumulative, so it works like:

master 1-20
    Plat 1 - 21-50
    Plat 2 - 51-100
    Plat 3 - 101-300

and so on
    This is correct. When looking at the leaderboard in game, master is top 20 including the top 3.
  • Options

The rankings are always funky at the initial release of the rankings anyway. My alliance is Plat 4 but still has a Tier 2 multiplier.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

It goes
    Master -top slot
    master 2 2nd place
    master 3 third place
    Master 4-23
    Plat 1 24-73
    plat 2 74-173
    plat 3 174-473
    plat 4 474 - 1273
    gold 1 1274-2773
    Top master alliances are also included in the 20 ...

Also, the numbers are cumulative, so it works like:

master 1-20
    Plat 1 - 21-50
    Plat 2 - 51-100
    Plat 3 - 101-300

and so on
    Well that is silly and confusing, they should just make master 17 slots and it would be clearer, oh well shift my chart down 3 then, easy enough.
  • Options

No, that is the 800 rankings INSIDE that rank, all ranks below it have that many people as well ranked higher than you.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

No, that is the 800 rankings INSIDE that rank, all ranks below it have that many people as well ranked higher than you.
    I see where my misunderstanding was. Thanks