**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cull Obsidian or the new Captain Marvel for rank up

I just pulled 5* versions of Cull Obsidian and the new Captain Marvel. I'm not to familiar with either champion as I don't have any other Version of the champs 4* or below. I have a cosmic Awakening gem I can use on either and I can take 1 to rank 4 and up to rank 5 very soon. Who should I concentrate on ranking up?

Comments

• WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    It always depends on your roster. Marvel movie needs Nick fury synergy to be good.
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    Marvel dosent really need Nicks synergies to be good but it is a good boost to her.

I do, however, think she's a terrific quester. Shes loads of fun to play and she do put up som damage
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    edited August 2019
    Should have made this a poll.

I pulled a 5* cull obsidian from a featured cavalier crystal and used 1 of my 2 cosmic gems on him immediately. In the next few weeks, I'll take him to 4/55. I like him, his damage is mad. However, his block proficiency is below average, which, when you think about it (despite being fair) is quite a hindrance. This is because to get the best out of him, you need him in long fights against champs with a tonne of HP so it can all be smashed away really fast. Taking all those parries and occasional blocks (esp when activating rout) will chip him away quicker than you think. Definitely worth awakening if you have him. He's better for questing because of the ramp-up required. He needs no synergies as the ramp-up is fast anyway if you're skilled.

Having said that, if I had captain marvel movie I would prioritise her; unlike one of the comments above, she is not needed with nick fury to be good (but ofc he makes her so much better). Her awakened ability is also worth it and can output a lot of damage in a single fight quite easily and doesn't require ramping-up. If you had Nick Fury this is a no brainer.

If you want a champ for AW attack or to fit in a team around others, pick captain marvel. AQ, or questing, and to feature as the main champ in the team, pick cull obsidian. But either is a good choice. Depends on what you want to achieve on the game.
  • BaseballplyrBaseballplyr Posts: 11
    edited August 2019

I do have Nick fury at rank 3 unawakened. I've included a picture of my to champions in my roster. I'm planning on using either for aw attack and/or aq map 6, my alliance is new to map 6 so I'm still learning it's needs