**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nodes need updated explanations

Some nodes are very clear - and identify "The defender is x.." or "When the attacker does y..." but I find a lot of them to be unclear/confusing. This is somewhat frustrating in the Sinister Labs as I'm trying to navigate whether or not to reroll.

One example is Biohazard - "when struct 20% chance to inflict bleed..." when who is struck? the player? The AI?
Also, ones that say things like "All healing and regeneration ablities recover x% more health" - does that mean for the player? the AI?

Is there a guide or something? Would be nice if Kabam cleaned up the language of the explanations to make it less confusing.

Comments

• WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Absolutely agree with this one hundred percent. The language needs to sync across all nodes.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Caino1023 said:

Some nodes are very clear - and identify "The defender is x.." or "When the attacker does y..." but I find a lot of them to be unclear/confusing. This is somewhat frustrating in the Sinister Labs as I'm trying to navigate whether or not to reroll.

One example is Biohazard - "when struct 20% chance to inflict bleed..." when who is struck? the player? The AI?
    Also, ones that say things like "All healing and regeneration ablities recover x% more health" - does that mean for the player? the AI?

Is there a guide or something? Would be nice if Kabam cleaned up the language of the explanations to make it less confusing.

Generally, if it works to your disadvantage, it’s usually to your disadvantage. 😂

Granted, more clarity in the wordings of older nodes will be much appreciated.

(The “All healing is reversed” works both ways, for you and the defender. Had a Rulk with aggression regen and heal reversal for Epic Labs today. It was... entertaining...)
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    When nodes don't specify if it's the defender, the attacker, or both/all, then it applies to the the defender. This is the default.

So in the case of biohazard, when [the defender] is struck 20% chance to inflict bleed.

In the case of things like "all healing is reversed" that's pretty clear and simple....it applies to all champions in the fight, the attacker and the defender.

There's definitely a lot of inconsistency in node descriptions, but not so much that it should ever really be confusing.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★

When nodes don't specify if it's the defender, the attacker, or both/all, then it applies to the the defender. This is the default.

So in the case of biohazard, when [the defender] is struck 20% chance to inflict bleed.

In the case of things like "all healing is reversed" that's pretty clear and simple....it applies to all champions in the fight, the attacker and the defender.

There's definitely a lot of inconsistency in node descriptions, but not so much that it should ever really be confusing.

How would one assume that or know to assume that? "Pretty clear and simple" is just not true.
    For people who have been playing the game for years, but someone who's still fairly new - no chance they would know that.
    Another example - who is "the opponent" on nodes that say things like "The opponent's power gained by striking..."
    And how would we possibly assume correctly?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hmm this node that buffs the defender I wonder if it buffs the defender or me?... 😂
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The Node is on the Defender. That means when they're struck.
    Defender = AI, Atacker = You
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Hmm I noticed recently that the description for All or Nothing has been amended also. However it now appears that the description doesn’t actually match the name of the node. It talks about the likelihood of specials being activated, in that SP3 is more likely than the others. so rather than All or Nothing it really fits more like All or Maybe Something, All or Probably Not Something else... a similar thing was done with the unblockable SP1/2 descriptions to clarify what is and isn’t unblockable eg melee hits or projectiles. Not sure if these changes were ever announced either...

I think this was aimed at aligning outcomes like Sparky being able to taunt say Thor Rag into doing SP1 on the node in war, to the way Kabam says it always intended it to operate. For defenders like Hyperion who gain power so rapidly that SP3 is pretty much a given I don’t know if this actually changes the mechanic at all though... clarification would help