**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Will Season 12 be any better?

GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
So we’ve just finished the 11th season of war and we STILL have cheating running rampant. Some seasons are worse than others, most notably the first few however the fact that we’re still having these issues at such a large scale is a major problem.

While I may not be representative of every person that plays the game I can say that in EVERY SINGLE season so far I have been in an alliance that has faced 2-3 alliances that were docked at some point during that same season. Getting really old having to constantly deal with this only to find out these cheats are getting slaps on the wrists AND in some cases keeping rewards and in every case their accounts.

You have groups that are piloting or modding their way up to masters then getting caught and being docked but still making it to high platinum due to the fact that they most likely went 6-9 wars untouched and grabbed 6-9 tier 1 wins. Even worse are the groups that don’t get caught for some reason.

What reason does anybody have NOT to cheat? Why not just have everyone do the same exact thing because apparently the “spirit of the contest” means nothing when all you get is a 7 day ban. Hell, the people that were docked can actually come back into their alliance and claim season rewards with your broken punishment system.

At what point will you realize that 7 day bans just aren’t cutting it? Permabans are the only solution, stop beating around the bush and just do it already. How is modding not an instant permaban??? Not perma banning these accounts that are getting t5cc shards will be a HUGE problem when they are the first to get r3's through ill means, the disparity at that point will be huge and all because they cheated and others didn't. AQ, AW will all be flipped on its head once r3's come around and a percentage of those people that have them got via cheating.

Also, I mentioned this in the bigger thread that was shut down but conservatively there was 40 alliances docked this season by the 9th war or 10,800 people that were cheated at some point this season.

10,800 people that played fairly.

10,800 people that simply got the s@&$ end of the stick and randomly matched a cheating alliance.

10,800 people that will not get their just rewards at season end.

You get the idea, 10,800 people that should just be ok with “don’t worry they got a 7 day ban and will be able to even collect season rewards, keep playing fair and using your items though.”

This post will probably be shut down just like the other larger one that kabam let ride out for 15 pages but you can be sure this won’t be the last one.

Comments

• MasterChief1176MasterChief1176 Posts: 213
    TL:DR

I hope season 12 is better than this one. My alliance lost 6 straight before finally winning. This was one of the worst seasons that my aillance had :'(
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

We had an awesome season.. but two of our opponents did get penalized and bounced down. It was nice to see that at least.

It's nice to see cheaters getting docked for sure however I'm advocating for stricter punishment for accounts flagged for cheating.

11 seasons in and the current punishment hasn't curbed the behavior.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    ALL cheaters, wether it be piloting or modding or any other form of cheating should be permanently banned on first offence, that’s the only way to deter people from cheating, and any alliance that faces an ally found for cheating should get compensated the win bonus for that war
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    The docking at the end of the season is too little, too late. They still impacted all the alliances they cheated against.

Accounts need to be either banned from the game entirely or at least banned from AW.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    Agreed. Docking teams is just a slap on the wrist and often times doesn't outweigh the benefits they get. If they legit cheated, give them a ban of some sort so they can't collect rewards. It's absurd there are so many alliances still cheating 11 seasons in.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I agree with perma bans for cheaters. The only issue i have is the alliance may not realize 1 person is cheating. This has only happened 1 time in my alliance and that was over a year ago. It's frustrating and maddening when the alliance gets docked and u have no idea why or who cheated. Its not fair to punish the entire group if only 1 person cheats. I understand losing that war, but to dock the whole alliance for 1 persons behavior and not even let the alliqnce know who did what isnt right.
  • What do you mean better just because your ally lost most of their AW matches, just saying

What do you mean better just because your ally lost most of their AW matches, just saying

Not sure if directed towards me but I think it's pretty evident that I'm referring to cheating and how the punishment hasn't curbed the behavior.

This season we matched 2 docked alliances and while it's great there were docks given, that cost us 600k on the leaderboard while we finished in the same bracket as the groups that were docked.....not sure that makes too much sense
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    I think what could be done is disqualify the alliance from the season for any rewards. People know who get docked every season. They re-group and cheat their way up and get docked again. I can tell you which group. They lost 3.2m points end of this season and last season.
    Now that the she hulk saga is over I’d like to start discussing this again.

Currently I have no faith that season 12 will be any better in regards to cheating. I’m not sure if anybody else feels differently but 11 seasons and the only thing that’s fixed was piloting.

I won’t get into one of the top finishers in season 11 but let’s just say the +\- display has got to be hidden during placement.