**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Chapter 2 The Champion Boss battle - The most Unfair and Disgusting battle of the game

Comments

• JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    edited August 2019
    +1 to having gotten the completion but I have no desire to do it over and over for exploration. After having looked over the maps plus champion fight it just feels like more hassle than it’s worth. It’s a shame to see so much of the community either unable to complete or uncaring to finish the story content.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    @Tman0971 these two fights aren’t really comparable for three reasons... first of there are counters to collector now that didn’t exist before... stark became a decent counter and more recently mr sinister who can block unblockable specials... he can one shot the collector. Second as pointed out earlier with collector you’re at least making some progress on his health with every revive of you get even one hit in... champion fight you could revive 100 times hit him 1000 times and still be at 10% health... Lastly collector didn’t have insane linked nodes like degen on dash back and insta kill after specials that you’re supposed to be dexing. It honestly might be cheaper for some to buy rank up materials in packages/offers than to 100% 6.2.6 for the rewards. That’s crazy. I’ve beaten a few paths... it wasn’t fun, it was painful.

🐻
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Well, I was finally able to pull The Hood as a 5-star champion. One of the 3x counters I mentioned in the first post.
    Guess now is at least "possible" for me to defeat him, but very likely I'll leave that for later after finishing the whole act 6
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    I haven’t even bothered to attempt him as I don’t have SS or CAIW. I guess I could do it with Hood, but his damage output even at r4 leaves a lot to be desired.

I was really excited for 6.2 to drop, it really bummed me out to enter 6.2.6 and see a fight so narrowly designed. Not to mention I was running low on revives because of the equally ridiculous Mr. Sinister fight.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’ve done one run against him successfully. 10+ other runs I’ve backed out. This fight could still be highly difficult if slightly adjusted. Idk who mentioned it but if removing the indestructible charges were permanently removed even after dying and never return. That would be a fair change. At least imo of fairness.
    Jaded said:

I’ve done one run against him successfully. 10+ other runs I’ve backed out. This fight could still be highly difficult if slightly adjusted. Idk who mentioned it but if removing the indestructible charges were permanently removed even after dying and never return. That would be a fair change. At least imo of fairness.

That would be better for sure. At least "any" champion would be able to do it.
    Take that unstoppable pressure one time, force the special attack and get the dex. Quit after it or try for a second time.
  • Jaded said:

I think if they made it where if you die with at least 2 Dexterity chages triggered it removes 1 you need to complete but cant go lower than 1.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I played lots off fighting games in my life n this 6.2 fight the champion it's the hardest ever nerf it down a bit maybe remove the last 10 percent n just make it normal since we need to beat it to get to 6.3
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    Just did my 2nd last path yesterday with magik again, its a BS fight, but its doable, and if you include MD there are more options (with revives).

Unfortunately, no retreat path remains, I don't expect to be able to clear this anytime soon, only a handful of champs that can pull it off.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    So I just beat this boss for the first time. Actually one shot it with she hulk. But I honestly don’t know how anyone can be expected to do it without her. I ended up using a dex method I saw on ONE video on YouTube, where you dex the second punch if he throws it as soon as he stands up. Wouldn’t really happen without her taunt. That is the most consistent strategy I’ve seen and that’s even subject to him playing ball. I honestly do think after doing that path about 20 times and even more duels that the indestructible charges should be persistent. It is simply unreasonable to expect someone to restart all over again

But damn does it feel good when you beat it
    Sucks to be android. She was already fixed here, so I wasn't able to 100% the quest before the forced update
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    No retreat Champion was a rotten fight.

I would've preferred if they used a boss with a ranged special to dex...the Champion's specials seem wildly inconsistent on whether you successfully gain a charge.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I have not had the "pleasure" of fighting him myself but I know from YouTube, friends, and fellow forum users that this boss is dumb.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Haven't touched 6.2 since my completion run. I have since added R5 Ghost (have all 5*/6*synergies)Ægon and CapIW, and still have zero interest in exploring Act 6.
  • mfleurymfleury Posts: 100
    I just did that fight twice and after the she hulk nerf. My team on the first run was:
    R5 ghost and R5 blade (for the path)
    R1 6* unduped hood
    R4 unduped capt beard
    R4 dupped she hulk

My impression is: it was way harder with she hulk because you need to parry sometimes when using her and trust me, you don't want to parry that champ at all.

Thesame problem with captain, you need to block some hits so you can stop the unstoppable buff and altough he has a great block proficiency, that wasn't great.

Hood doesn't need to block at all and is a great option in that fight, the best one imo now.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    What are the champions that can beat the Champion with the No retreat node? I have all the mystics but missing CapIW and My SheHulk is r3 and I have android and she is nerfed already. I don't plan on exploring anytime soon because of the No retreat node but I wanted to know who are the best options.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I just wanted to agree with original post and disagree with the git gud people that have to throw their 2 cents in.

Since this is a story quest, I thought this fight seemed outside of the f2p model of the game - not saying a f2p player could never do it. Mostly I got the git gud responses. Even though I said I didn't care about hard content.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/151018/last-10-of-6-2-6-champion-from-a-game-design-perspective/p2

Since then, I have finished this fight and still think the fight is silly. I will never explore 6.2 with the fight in its current form.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Didn’t Seatin beat him in two fights his first time facing him?

It took me four or five attempts the first time. The second time with other nodes was much worse. I was ready to cry and give up and went away and came back to it. Two more attempts and had him down. It taught me that you need to learn how to fight him. Champion isn’t like the 6.2 Sinister fight where you take damage and die no matter what you do. Champion fight takes technique and CAN BE SOLO’d.

Is it a brutal fight? Yes, but it is not impossible.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 96 ★★
    I literally have everything else in the game beaten. I tried and tried to beat the champion before they nerfed she hulk but i couldn’t do it. With she hulk, getting him down to that final 10% was fine but trying to dex to get the prowesses was a complete joke. I dont know how this game was going to say i wasn’t dexing his specials but wow was that bs. I tried that fight tons of times but it was impossible and it got so freaking tedious, boring and unbearable and now she hulk is useless. I tried doing this fight with other champs and it seems more impossible than with she hulk. Kabam needs to reevaluate, at the very least, this fight and nerf the **** out of it. 6.3 is going to come out soon and i’m not even going to be able to attempt it because this, frankly, stupid fight is blocking me from 6.2 completion. This isn’t fun at all.. It’s not challenging.. It’s unfair and completely out of touch. I keep taking breaks from this game because of this company and the disgusting decisions it makes and i feel another break coming on.. I wonder when it will be my last..?

Didn’t Seatin beat him in two fights his first time facing him?

It took me four or five attempts the first time. The second time with other nodes was much worse. I was ready to cry and give up and went away and came back to it. Two more attempts and had him down. It taught me that you need to learn how to fight him. Champion isn’t like the 6.2 Sinister fight where you take damage and die no matter what you do. Champion fight takes technique and CAN BE SOLO’d.

Is it a brutal fight? Yes, but it is not impossible.

I personally think the Sinister fight is much easier compared to The Champio fight.
    You mentioned Seatin, but he did it with the top 2 counters for him that I discussed in the first post. Other than the 3 champions mentioned as well as MD champions, there might just be 1 or 2 other champions able to do the fight. You might not die to some damage mid fight (unless No Retreat node is up), but you die in less than a minute due to being in the corner.

For Sinister, you have plenty more counters. And if you have heimdall with the Angel synergy, then anyone is able to do it, and solo'd him as well
This discussion has been closed.